Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mellow_fellow

Growing Spearmint...

mellow_fellow
15 years ago

Hello everyone.Sorry for the newbie question but I have recently planted a few Mint plants in a pot and need some help.My neighbor had a bunch of Mint plants and he does'nt really use them so he said I could take as much as I wanted which is good for me but I want to have some fresh mint available through the fall/winter season because I love to add it to my Tea.

So I cut some plants,pulled off most the leaves for Tea use and through the stalks in some water to root.After a few weesk they all had some nice long white roots on them.I took a pot,filled it with yard soil and planted the Mint plants in.

Now I am just waiting for them to take hold.My question is what should I do to make sure they grow strong and stay growing strong when I take them indoors??

Also,how should I cut them when I need some Mint??I noticed the Mint plants I have cut in my neighbors yard have grow new sprigs on them from an angle below where I have cut,but the new growths look way different than mint,and they are on a mint plant.Did they mend with some weed or something??

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County