Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mogardener

propagating bougainvillea

mogardener
12 years ago

I made a propagation chamber as in http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/propa/msg1020340019335.html and have had a ball using it.

However, I stuck some bougainvillea cuttings back in March that have just recently shown some new growth. I was very disappointed a few moments ago when I was prepared to pot them individually that none had roots, just the nice lush top growth on the bare stick. Also, within the 10-15 min. I was looking at them and the chamber was uncovered, I noticed one started to wilt. I did put them back into the medium and recovered the chamber but I'm not too hopeful for their survival. I've been keeping it indoors all along in bright indirect light.

My questions are: How long does it take for a bougainvillea to strike roots? I used a rooting hormone on them at initial insertion in the perlite/peat mix.

How do you go about hardening off a newly rooted plant that has been potted to grow further?

I appreciate any suggestions and tips as I have never seen this color since I bought the original plant. Thanks.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
St. Mary's Trusted Landscape Construction & Maintenance