Return to the Plant Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
''willow water'' ? I wonder about ''Virginia creeper'' water?

Posted by albert_135 Sunset 2 or 3 (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 6, 14 at 16:25

Sporadically ''willow water'' is all the rage I wonder about ''Virginia creeper'' water?

A scrap clipped off a couple of weeks ago is growing out of my compost pile. I wonder if one could extract '' Virginia creeper'' water as a rooting aid.

[I once had a greenhouse and would have done some testing had I known about it. My tinkering is now limited to a few Solo cups but I'm going to try some experiment.]

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ''willow water'' ? I wonder about ''Virginia creeper'' water

What makes you suspect Parthenocissus quinquefolia would be a good candidate for such a hypothesis?

o

Brandon, your query as to, is it a ''good candidate for such a hypothesis'' greatly exaggerate the importance of my whimsical notion (Unless you were being facetious. In which case, well taken!). Hardly a conjecture, let alone a hypothesis. Old dictionaries might have called it a flisk.

I am aware that there is nothing in the copiously published phytochemistry of Parthenocissus that would indicate this route.

In any event my fancy was the result of the observation of the rooting and shooting of pieces of trimmings in an unattended compost heap.

o

No, my query was genuine. I thought maybe there was something that I was overlooking or hadn't thought of that made you post the topic.

That's where GardenWeb teaches me the most...where there is something I've never considered or heard about.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plant Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here