Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
seansteezy

Please help with poppies!!!

seansteezy
10 years ago

Sorry if this is not the right place to post this but I don't know where else to. I planted some somniferum poppies early march and they were doing great up until about three days ago they began to shoot their stock with the bud on it but I guess the sun was a little to hot and all of their buds and bud leaves got burnt really bad, the rest of the plant on all of them is still very Healthy. I began puting large patio umbrellas over them from 12 - 3 pm which is the hottest part of the day. If that is not bad enough they are getting full blown attacked by catipillars, aphids, and some mystery bug that is eating large portions of the leaves at a time. I go out there every day and kill off all the cattapilars, and aphids I can find but this mystery pest I just stared seeing the bite marks today. I don't really know what to do about any of it, from my last grow I noticed that pesticides really mutated poppies. So I'm not sure if that's a good idea and as for the burning it seems like every time a new bud begins coming up it gets fried. Even after I began puting up the umbrellas. So any help will be very much appreciated. Thanks p.s is there any way to put pics up ?

Comment (1)