|I had a very nice 2' miracle fruit plant on my balcony, and a squirrel chewed right through the stem and left me with a stump. I actually found the top part of the plant on the ground below the balcony, so I have a potted "stump" as well as a decent size cutting.
I'm new to propagation; can I save this plant in any way? This is a very slow growing plant, but hopefully it can be rooted some how. I appreciate any and all advice.
|I have only had luck propagating this plant from seed. do not know if any buds (on the stump survived) will form a new trunk. give it 30 days Keep the soil damp not wet & hope.|
|As tough as these plants are to come by, I'd try my best to use some method to root the top section, or several pieces of the top section, (2 -liter soda bottle or other hardwood, semi-hardwood propagation method). I'd also find a way to terminate that squirrel|
|i've never heared of "Miracle fruit"- why is the plant called like that? can it grow anywhere? what does it look like? |
i've been having trouble with my garden lately and decided to change most of the plants- maybe i will try something new this time!
Here is a link that might be useful: ××©×××× ×¤×¨×××
Return to the Plant Propagation Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here