Return to the Plant Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
rooting papaya cutting

Posted by maxfield none (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 21, 12 at 13:48

can I root an out growth from a papaya trunk?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: rooting papaya cutting

hey

check out the link..

first link is to GW ... and it is more about papaya.. then i knew existed.. lol ...

you might want to chime in there... and ask your question, since its a very recent post .... and add a few more facts ... like whether you can see a graft...

in a million years.. i would have never referred you to experts in the house plant forum.. lol ... go figure ... to find experts in tropical fruit.. whats that all about.. lol .. but contemplating such.. while gazing at my navel.. is sorta makes sense.. since many of our house plants are really understory tropical plants ... double go figure ... [understory for the shade loving ones that can live indoors in low light]

ken

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o
RE: rooting papaya cutting

Papaya plants are so easy to propagate from seeds. Wash the seeds and remove the pulp and dry with a paper towel. Let the seeds dry for a couple of days in your home.

Place the seeds on a bed of 4 inch soil and cover with another inch of soil. You will see the seedlings in approx. 2 to three weeks. (keep the soil slightly moist.

The roots are extremely sensitive so try not to damage them when you place them in a large pot or on the ground. I have sold many many seedlings using this method.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plant Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here