Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
coke_nut

How do I propagate yesterday, today and tomorrow?

coke_nut
16 years ago

How do I propagate yesterday, today and tomorrow?

Thanks

Comments (11)

• georgez5il
    16 years ago

Cuttings of firm new growth. apply 0.1% IBA (Rooting hormone) stick in well draained soil & mist taking 20-50 days to root.
    May also use seed taking 30-90 days to germinate. at 75-80F soil temp

• little_dani
    16 years ago

Seeds are very easy, but it takes much longer for your plant to bloom.

Janie

• ornata
    16 years ago

When I read the title I thought this was a philosophical question! What's the botanical name of "yesterday, today and tomorrow"?
    Thanks.

• coke_nut
    Original Author
    16 years ago

The Botanical name is Brunfelsia. I have 2 one is getting filtered sun. It is growing a little but not much but it isn't blooming. I have fertilized it. It's getting water but not alot since it is a evergreen. I don't want to overwater it. The second plant is in a shady spot and hasn't grown at all. I think I'm going to take it up and put it in a pot and put it in the greenhouse for some TLC.
    Any advice?

• little_dani
    16 years ago

I have a lot of these, and the ones that do best are in full sun. They bloom like crazy, rest a little while and bloom all over again.

Janie

• tovis
    14 years ago

I purchased a bunch of seeds and am looking forward to growing these. I have the seeds in little plugs with a bottom heat of 80 degrees F. They are next to Desert Rose, and Frangipani seeds. About how long does it take these to germinate? Does anybody have any advise?

• taz6122
    14 years ago

tovis your question is answered above! Open thy eyes.

• gatorbates
    14 years ago

i have one in gainesville, florida - zone ?? -- I planted it as a 12 inch high plant with 4 blooms 3 years ago - it's now over 5 feet high - 3 feet wide and HUNDREDS of blooms (today is april 18, 2010) -- I DON'T fertilize it - water it sporadically - (irrigation doesn't quite get it - but rain helps) it is planted on the EASTERN side of my house - so it only gets partial sun in the early AM - direct sun from about 10-12 - then no sun in the afternoons - the only boost it gets is we put oak leaves down once a year as 'mulch' i DON'T have any luck with most things EXCEPT crepe myrtles - amaryllis -- but this thing is great - i want to root it - went on the website to find out how and will try it this week - many thanks --

• kayjones
    14 years ago

Gator, yours doesn't sucker? Mine sends up pups all around the shrub!

• Carol love_the_yard (Zone 9A Jacksonville, FL)
    13 years ago

More info and photos - see link below:

Here is a link that might be useful: Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow (Brunfelsia)

• plantcrazed101
    7 years ago

I'm going to try propagating cuttings in water...anyone have advice on that? I'm doing that because I want to experiment with growing Brunfelsia semi-hydro. It seems to need A TON of water! haha I love the idea (if it works) of planting cutting in semi-hydro, and then being able to leave them there since semi-hydro always uses water at the bottom of the pot.