Return to the Plant Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Propigation By Tissue Cultures

Posted by lisa_neenah 5a (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 3, 07 at 6:59

I'm wondering if anyone could provide information on growing plants by tissue cultures. I've been searching for more information, but haven't had much luck past sales sites for plant tissue cultures.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Propigation By Tissue Cultures

i have seen the term kitchen TC labs .... i googled it for you below ....

ken

Here is a link that might be useful: google

o

A term once widely used was "in vitro". Googling for ~ "in vitro" "plant propagation" ~ will give you some useful links.

Similarly searching for ~ micropropagation plants ~ may provide useful links.

You will need to understand sterile techniques. Have you had a course in microbiology? That link above with kitchen something in the name may explain sterile techniques.

It is really a lot of fun.

o

Ken and Albert,

Thanks so much for the useful links. I've tried propigating from seeds and cuttings, but never this. I look forward to trying.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plant Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here