Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
margomouse

Basic propogation

margomouse
11 years ago

I apologize for the simplicity of my question to begin with. At the beginning of March- I thought annual was a flower that came back every year :P That is how entirely new I am to the wonderful world of gardening. I have been very successful despite my lack of experience, and am already looking forward to next spring. I am planning on propagating several of my plants and giving their "babies" to friends. I have read extensively on how to do this, and think I understand what I need to do. My question is about timing. If I want to have some substantial plants to give away next spring, it would seem to me that I need to propagate this fall. Is this correct? I was hoping to give away the plants in April and May. I am thinking that if I get cuttings to root this fall, and get them in pots now- I can over winter them and then by next spring they will be a nice size. I do not have a greenhouse; but was planning on getting a grow light and have acquired a small portable green house that is similar to a bakers rack. Any help you could provide would be appreciated. At this time I am thinking about propagating 2 different varieties of salvia as well as catmint as a starting point. Thank you for your expertise.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
BME Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Source for High-End Custom Decks & Outdoor Structure