Return to the Plant Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Aucuba Japonica cuttings rooted, next step?

Posted by Opal52 z7 GA (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 13, 05 at 11:59

I am relatively new to this, so at the risk of sounding dumb, here goes.

I have several stem cuttings of Aucuba that have rooted and are ready to go into a larger container. How many rooted cuttings do I put in each container. My hope is to have a few pots of nicely shaped shrubs to plant early next spring.

I have wanted to ask this question for some time, but haven't had the nerve. Thanks for advice.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Aucuba Japonica cuttings rooted, next step?

I am assuming you intend to plant it in ground. Will it thrive in your climate zone?

I would personally prefer a single specimen in each pot since I find it to be much easier
to manage and maintain. Several cuttings planted together may instantly look good but
can be hard to control.

Just my own personal opinion.

Ankrara's Hobby Corner

o

Aucuba does fine here in my zone which is a cold 7. I've had one of over 25 years in my garden. I started it from a single cutting way back then.

George

o

Aucuba is supposed to thrive here in hot, humid zone 7 as long as it is kept out of direct sun.

George, I hope the little ones I have started have as much success as yours. I like the way Aucuba brightens up shade gardens.

Thanks very much to you both for your advice.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plant Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here