Return to the Plant Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Air layering

Posted by Higgsr1 none (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 14, 13 at 16:26

Is it to late to try air layering propagation on japanese maples and rhododendrons? I'm in eastern pa .

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Air layering

Hi, Higgsr1, I presume you mean 'marcotting'?
It takes 3-4 months for an air-layered new plant to mature, so if you start now, it should be ready by early-mid Dec. The parent plant would be going dormant at that time, so there'd be no food going to the new plant.
You could separate the new plant and pot it to continue growing indoors till spring and plant it out into the garden.

Here is a link that might be useful: GardenWeb

o
RE: Air layering

Higgsr1, sorry about that link, it wasn't intended. I wanted to answer your query but couldn't post it without filling that block 'Name of the Link', and that's why I filled it.
Anyway, I understand now that if I didn't fill in the 'Optional Link URL', I wouldn't have had to give the Link either.
Sorry about the confusion. But I hope I helped somewhat.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plant Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here