Return to the Plant Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
voodoo lily

Posted by jennid (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 8, 07 at 18:32

I have voodoo lilies (100+) and want to give some away. Can I dig them up now or do I have to wait for the foliage to die back. In the past The foliage was gone by now. But this year after the Mother bloomed. Over 100 little ones started coming up every where. Any idea on what to do. I don't want to kill any of them but I don't want 100+ bloomimg next year My neibors would kill me.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: voodoo lily

What kind of voodoo lilies do you have, and what zone are you in? I have been looking for these all summer, but the only place I saw them was on ebay for $20, and I wasn't sure they'd live. I moved from Houston to Little Rock and want to put them in the ground here, so I need the kind that will make it in zone 7 and not rot if it is wet and cold in winter. I was looking at Amorphophallus konjac, but I'll be interested in any hardy ones. Would you be interested in trading for any of these or for a SASE if they grow in zone 7?

o
RE: voodoo lily

I planted a voodoo lily for the first time last year. The small white and pink jack-in-the-pulpit type flower bloomed first and then the beautiful, palm tree with a speckled trunk looking burst of foliage grew to about 2 feet. This year I have nine (that I've counted so far!) popping up in my three flower gardens! A few of them even have a second "trunk" growing from the original one! These plants are an average of two feet high and the foliage on top spreads to about a foot. The ones partially shaded seem to grow bigger. So far this year I have not had a single flower, can you tell me why?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plant Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here