Return to the Plant Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
zinnia cuttings

Posted by bittenbythebug TEXAS (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 16, 05 at 22:33

Is it possible to grow new plants from Zinnia cuttings, perhaps if stimulated with some kind of hormone? Many of my Zinnias have become long and leggy, but toward the end of the stem, they have nice foliage and flowers. Could those be cut, stimulated and replanted?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: zinnia cuttings

You sure can and I would definately use the hormone. I do the same with marigolds when I find one that I really like. I do tomatoes this way too . I buy a large plant of what ever variety and take cuttings, that way are big plants to begin with. sometimes the cats break some of the branches and I'm forced to do that.

o
RE: zinnia cuttings

I'm so glad you asked this question. Plus I love the answer!! :)

I never would of thought to root my zinnias or my marigolds! That's fabulous!!
I all ready have big ones from seed, but now I can get more from those once they get big.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plant Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here