Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thegreencycler_gw

Low Stress Training. An Interactive bloom booster!

TheGreenCycler
11 years ago

We here at Ecotonix have been working hard in our personal time to get the most out of our flowers. One technique I've started implementing and has blown my mind, is what I like to call Low Stress Training, or LST. The concept is extremely simple, and it's a shame that it isn't implemented more often on a commercial level for higher outputs. Anyways, the basic idea, is to reroute growth hormones from the light-seeking internode at the top of the plant, and distribute them equally among other lower lying branches. For warning, I do not have much experience with this technique and vegetables and fruit plants, and don't truly see how it would benefit the plant other than a wider growing area, if that's what you are looking for. As a flowering plant grows upward, while the stem is still soft, you may bend the stem towards the ground gently with rubber wire, or whatever you please. In a few days, you will see the top internode of the bent plant begin to ascend back upwards towards the sun, but this time there will also be one or two more top internodes that have been created, where there used to be normal branches, as the space between the branches, paxil I believe? not sure, begins to have access to sunlight, and hormones have been rerouted to other internodes to grow upwards as if the plant had been broken.

This can be an EXTREMELY rewarding technique, and if done right, may replace your personal growing methods. Have fun experimenting,

TheGreenCycler

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor