Return to the Plant Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Peace lily - rotting?

Posted by lell none (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 20, 13 at 9:25

I bought this peace lily about 2 years ago, it has been fine up until about 5 months ago, when it starting wilting and the leaves underneath started to go yellow and brown.
Im not sure if I over watered it or if it has a disease. I also think it was receiving too much direct sunlight.
I repotted it today (have never repotted it before) and cut off all of the brown leaves. I noticed a ball of soft white (see photograph) im not sure if this is the bulb or rotting (i don't know a lot about caring for plants).
Can someone please help, I really don't want it to die but i'm not sure what else to do.
I've placed it out of direct sunlight. Is there any hope?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Peace lily - rotting?

more images....

o

• Posted by lell none (My Page) on
    Sun, Oct 20, 13 at 9:31

The leaves of the plant are green on one side... would it be a good idea to split the plant in to two?

o

Carol provided an excellent link on Peace lily Check it out,

Angela

This post was edited by wazupwitdat on Wed, Oct 23, 13 at 10:52

o

Below is a link to some of the most complete information you could ever find on Spathiphyllum (Peace Lily).

Here's a quick tip - take your cell phone or table photos in landscape mode with the bottom of your cell phone to your right. You will never have orientation issues.

Carol in Jacksonville

Here is a link that might be useful: Caring for Spathiphyllum Species and hybrids; Proper Care for Peace Lily

o

Carol that link is amazing I am learning so much and appreciate the info now I can edit my response more water! not less.

Angela

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plant Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here