Return to the Plant Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cinnamon in place of rooting hormone

Posted by wazupwitdat 7 (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 22, 13 at 15:04

Has anyone used Cinnamon in place of rooting hormone? I just saw it on pintrest and wanted to know if anyone here uses it and does it really work.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cinnamon in place of rooting hormone

Cinnamon is not a substitute for rooting hormone. It can't act as the plant auxin hormone which is what rooting hormone chemicals do. Cinnamon might work well for fungicide applications (which is sometimes included in commercial hormone rooting mixes), but that's doesn't mean that cinnamon can be a replacement for rooting hormone.

You may not always need rooting hormone (depending on what you are propagating), but, when you do, don't depend on cinnamon to do the job. If it's a fungicide you need, maybe cinnamon might be an answer.

o
RE: Cinnamon in place of rooting hormone

Thanks for the info it was mentioned as a fungicide in addition to a rooting hormone I was a little too excited looking at my humungous bottle of cinnamon sitting their.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plant Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here