Return to the Plant Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Propagating Mats

Posted by ladylotus Z3/4 ND (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 8, 07 at 23:23

Greetings,

Have any of you used the following propagating mat?

http://www.farmtek.com/farm/supplies/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10052&storeId=10001&langId=-1&division=FarmTek&productId=226279

Are they worth having? I am in the process of finishing my greenhouse and would like to start quite a few seeds and do some serious propagating this Spring in my gh. How warm will these mats keep your soil temperature? Will they also throw a bit of heat into the room? Are there better, less expensive, brands out there that you are using?

Thanks for your help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Propagating Mats

Have not used that specific mat But have used many different brands with temp control They have proved an invaluable addition to the green house propagation .... have used to germinate seed early in the year & speed propagation by cuttings all year round. The mat (any heating mat) will repay you many times over.

o

Thank you George. I was contemplating between this propagating mat and the soil warming cables. The cables are much less expensive. Is there a bit difference or will the cables work as well as the mat?

o

Just my thing perhaps but I found cables a bit of an annoyance to work with and mats were relatively convenient.

o

Thank you Albert. So then they perform about the same. The mats are just less cumbersome?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plant Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here