Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
a1chemyst

How To Kill A Coleus

a1chemyst
14 years ago

Evidently use a pecan... i found coleus are VERILY (i know thats not a word but it makes sense to make new words with something this true) easy to water root. i had some dark kind... i got them from an uncle. they were like a very dark purple around the edge of the leaf and were green within that and had a purplish stem. needless to say i killed them, but salvation! i had plain green ones and rooted they which, again, needless to say, rooted in about 2 days, were planted, and took off. i found a sprouting pecan in the bottom of them after i pulled them out of the dirt, but doubted it could kill a plant of such caliber. my other plant then died (no pecan). A friend told me that a sprout could easily kill a plant (which i doubt) and another says no it was probably weak to begin with and couldnt make it anyways. I saw that the dark coleus was dying and stuck a piece in water, with no good luck but made 3 green ones and everyone rooted in like 2-3 days. since then when i tried the green ones with rooting in water every single one worked great. is there a diffrent requirement for the darks? also both kinds got a white fuzzy mold kind of stuff growing on them. is that alright? or does the mold need to be removed? thanks!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery