Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kvalentz

I'm sorry for multiple posts in rates and reviews, ugh

kvalentz
16 years ago

I am sorry that I messed up in the Rate and Review section and didn't search for previous posts about the member before I posted mine. I had never gone back and read the posts after I wrote them, so I didn't know that there were replies telling me what to do. I understand how it works now, and will follow protocol. It wasn't done wrongly on purpose.

Kathy/aka kvalentz

Comments (12)

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    16 years ago

Oh Kathy...not to worry...no need to be sorry...really no big deal...We all learned at one time or another, and it happens all the time.

I think really the main thing to keep in mind, is that you did nice reviews for the many nice trades you received.

Sue...resident busy body.

15 years ago

see...you are not the only one...you now have 3 threads started with your name on them...

• agirlsgirl
    15 years ago

lol........

15 years ago

agirls...I see you have 2

Without mentioning any 'actual' member names, I wonder who has the absolute most threads started. I'm thinking I saw somewhere where one member had 5 threads, but can't remember who it was. In time the older ones will drop off...sigh...but I guess if they have had no reviews for a few years, it doesn't matter all that much.

Still, it is 'nice' to have all the reviews in one thread. Sometimes I forget if I gave one or not, so it is easiest to just have to check one thread, instead of several.

rbb

• agirlsgirl
    15 years ago

Yes I have 2,maybe there is a third one under my email addy,too....lol...I agree it is best they are all on one thread. I wonder who has the most started for them. I am sure someone who has been around awhile and is an active trader would have a few. There probably is no easy way to figure that one out! I just wish there was some way for them to be linked together,or consolidated into one. I have seen that suggested before and it is a great idea!

15 years ago

I have been being a real busy body and copying some of the new ones to the "original' thread...and then requesting that all future reviews be made to the link below...which I provide to the 'original' thread.

I guess eventually the single ones will drop on back, and off in years to come.

Yeah...we linked all or most of MG woman's many aliases together...or at least tried to.

rbb

• chrizty
    15 years ago

i think its a good idea to copy n past them to the original post :)

one thing ive done is to copy their screen name,then paste it in the serch box. saves me from misspelling lol

15 years ago

one thing ive done is to copy their screen name,then paste it in the serch box. saves me from misspelling lol
    I think that is a great idea, and do it also. Some member names are quite complicated, and I even have trouble spelling yours, Chrizty...have never seen it spelled that way b4. How unique. is it your given name. If so, I'll bet all the teachers and everyone have misspelled it your whole life...right?

I copied yet another new one this AM...and bumped both of the instruction post back up above it. It is just something that is gonna happen, as folks find the forum for the first time. As I said b4...making the review is really what is important...and not how they do it.

Sue...rbb

• agirlsgirl
    15 years ago

"making the review is really what is important...and not how they do it."

So true! :)

• chrizty
    15 years ago

sue my name is christy :) i just put the s backwards to make a z lol. my name is already used for a screen name so i just make it a bit diffrent. :)

• kvalentz
    Original Author
    15 years ago

CLOSED

15 years ago

CLOSED

Why?....LMAO...just playing with ya Kathy

I have learned that is it wisest to consider if I really want to receive replies to a post for maybe years, and years to come.

One time at the Computer Help Forum I replied to a thread on page one. I did not notice the thread was actually about 2 years old and someone had recently posted to it and revived it back to page one. The original poster emailed me and asked my why I had emailed her...well being a Nancy Drew in a former life, I did a search for posts there that contained both her and my member name. I then saw what had happened...and knew she was just getting the replies from a very old thread.

Sue...rbb...funnin

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!