Comments (14)

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    16 years ago

me...do I count?

Sue...rbb

• agirlsgirl
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Of course you do! :) I was just curious on how many do pass through here,I know it has got to be more than me and you...or maybe it isnt?...lol...
    Angie,drbb

• barleychown
    16 years ago

I do, too! ;o)

• agirlsgirl
    Original Author
    16 years ago

A-Ha! Sarah too,hey its turning out to be a nice bunch so far!:)

16 years ago

Barley,
    Love your handle and smile each time I read it.

What are you girls up to today? I'm painting, and bidding/watching a couple of things at Ebay....sigh

Sue

• barleychown
    16 years ago

Well, it started raining here, which is fine by me, as I've been sick and don't have the energy to be outside anyway. So, I'll spend my day folding seed envelopes and working on my garden notebook.

I was thiking of going through the last of my seeds and offering them for trade. I even found several more packs of verbascum. I guess when I save seed, I go all out! ;o)

Sue, thanks for the kind comment about my name. It's an old family joke, so it makes me smile, too.

Good luck winning what you are bidding on!

Sarah

16 years ago

Woohoo! I got a Nintendo Game Cube for $20 plus shipping. I got it for BF to have at his house for when his nephew comes to stay the eve/all night/ and into the next day. He gets so bored with his uncle Steven, and uncle does not feel up to entertaining him for 24 hours. I never saw such a kid who could not amuse himself in any way other than a video game. He even tires of satellite TV.

Sheesh...when I was a kid, we got 3 channels on the one TV and were happy to have that.

I hope this helps the 2 of them.

• barleychown
    16 years ago

I have two girls like that under my roof, which is why I'm working sooooo hard to get them involved in gardening...it was a huge failure, until I found the "plant a row", now they are excited. ;o)

That was a nice thing to do for your BF and the munchkin. I'll have to agree with you that it's crazy that they can get so bored so fast. I NEVER wanted to be in the house, and it wasn't all that long ago that I was a kid.

$20 is a steal! Did games come with?

• agirlsgirl
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Boy Sue,Dh would explode if he heard that price! Congrats! My kids are the same,but then again I have my video game moments too...lol...Spyro gets me hooked everytime,played and beat them all! :) No more of that though since I have ws'ing and these new sprouts inside to tend to and the planning...oh the planning!:)

Sarah I was wondering if maybe you had a Verbascum factory going...lol..it's great you are spreading it around,seems no one has it or if they do they dont want to let it go!...lol...

Sue I have some new sweet pea sprouts...wooo-hoooo! I will be sending that list soon,I have the sow and germination dates on it,figured maybe you would be interested in seeing it! :)
    So it seems it is just the three of us so far....:)

• barleychown
    16 years ago

No Verbascun factory. I have had that plant for at least 3 years, and it was VERY happy last summer...when the main stalk finished blooming, I cut it off, because it was messing up my pictures. Who knew it would send up a whole handful in it's place?!?! :o)

So, when those finished blooming, it was late in the summer, and I was in full seed-saving mode. I let them mature, then cut all the stalks off and stuck them in a paper bag. Good grief, they were all FULL of seed. I can understand why not many others fuss with the seed, though, because it's so darn small.

I've never been good at video games. My mom refused to let me have any in her house, so the only time I played was with my dad, on an attari, or with friends on the original nintendo. I've tried the newer ones...it's not pretty. My husband finally took pity on me, and bought me both the atarri and first nintendo...I STILL have not mastered any of those.

I do my best with living things. :o)

What are you guys up to today? I'm hoping the sun will come out, so I can WS another hundred or so ziploc bags...

• agirlsgirl
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh Darn! I was hoping you had a Verbascum Factory...lol...
    I will keep in mind what you said about cutting that first stalk back,that is fantastic! :)
    My son told me he is proud of me,because I play video games so well..lol..we have Gamecube,Wii,Playstation 2,and a nintendo 64. My favorite is Playstation,I just recently tried the Wii and I am not sure how much I like it.But I will bowl a couple games with Devin,he creams me and loves it...lol..
    We still have an old nintendo hanging around,havent seen an atari for years! Remember Pong?...lol...Boy have video games come along way since then!
    I prefer the living things also,much prettier!
    I plan to maybe get some conatainers cut and ready for my annuals today. That is after I get my ws data on excel. I have just completed creating sheets for my plants under lights.Now it is time for the BIG project! It will probably take my slow typing butt a few hours to get all of that on there!But the boys will be out today,so I will have the time alone to do it!
    I think I may even start organizing my annual seeds,instead of going through them as I sow them,maybe alphabetical order or something like that. I am also planning to maybe make seperate sheets based on color and lighting,maybe make it easier on myself when it comes time to plant out! Oh so much to do! I better get a move on! Have a great day,I will check back later and see if maybe our Sue has dropped in to say hi! Boy between the three of us we are giving this place some life,hunh?

16 years ago

I'm home and really beat. Lost sleep at BF's house last night, and this afternoon we went to a trap shoot. He shoots. I don't but always enjoy going and seeing folks we know. I think the fresh air has made me snoozy.

No, no games and it is $15 to ship...still not bad though. His nephew had a game cube and LOTS of games and it went bad. I'm thinking and hoping that BF's sister can still find all those games (about $20 or more each new), and will give them to BF. Bf bought a lot of them anyway. If she can't I'll just pic some up on ebay though.

I had a Verbascum for the first time last season. It was white whith some pink to it I think. I never deadheaded, so I'm thinking it is now gonna be everywhere I don't want it...just like the coreopsis last year. grrrrr.....Well, maybe I can at least pot up some for the spring swap anyway.

I've got a couple of old game systems and lots of games somewhere down in the basement. Maybe sometime I will get em out and see if I maybe want them hooked up. One has a chess game with it. I think I could easily get addicted to that one anyway.

Yes...I remember pong, and playing it at someplace in the store, and just having the best time...b4 actually deciding to purchase one. I wish I still had my old pong game back.

Well had best get to painting. I lack the second coat on one wall, and then I can move the entertainment center back and hook it all back up. Until I doo that, I don't have any TV at all, as the one in the bedroom is tied into the liv rm satellite. I wish it was all done and I was comfy on the couch for the eve/night.

ttyl

Sue

• barleychown
    16 years ago

Good monday morning! Did you both make it through the weekend in one piece? :o)

Angie, The girls and I WS some of the seeds you sent. They are loving this!

Sue, when potting up the verbascum, be careful of the tap root. They are easliy managed with pulling, so no fear of them being a pest.

I managed to get around 100 more containers WS yesterday. And, would you believe, I found yet another paper bag with verbascum seeds in it. Good grief, hold me back from saving seed this year! ;o)

I hope you both have a great day!

• agirlsgirl
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh yes I barely made it through though...lol...
    I am so glad to hear the girls are enjoying themselves,gardening is so good for the soul! I hope they carry on with it ther whole lives,such sweet girls! :)
    Oh and Sarah,I seen the pics of your Thyme lawn at the cottage forum, it is the cutest thing! I told Gramma about it and she is considering doing something similar with the small patches of grass she has out front. They are decorative,but still a pain to take care of,not big enough to pull the mower out for,so she does it with shears...lol..what a sight that is! :)
    She wants to see pics of it,so the next time she is here, we will be admiring your work!

Sue! More Sweet Peas today!!!!! :)....I am crazy for them!