Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
orgogal

Vigilantes?

orgogal
13 years ago

Hello. My name is Kathy and I have been a member in one way or another for over 10 years. I was here before GW went to iVillage, when Spike was the moderator. This is before many of you were here.

I have always done my best to deliver on trades and have never had a bad review - when i was Kathy MI there was no such thing, but I never had a problem, and was never a problem. I got booted from Garden web because I was opposed to the take-over by iVillage and was not quiet about it.

I came back as walktrotcanter99, and traded for awhile and then all of a sudden got booted. I have no earthly idea why.

I came back recently as orgogal and made 3 trades, and promptly got booted from exchanges. I have no idea why. I have never shorted anyone. I think some may have been miffed at me once a long time ago when I traded in Cerinthe Major Purpurescens, because I sent So that's the only thing I can think of that might have agitated someone. What I think is some people groove on seeing who has more than one name and reporting them to GW.

I think that you who are vigilantes - your words not mine - have booted me from the exchange again. This is patently unfair, unreasonable and well, shame on you. If you have any documentation of my fallen through on a trade - shorting anyone on a trade - please let me know because I would love to know about it myself. Do not think that just because someone comes back as a newbie they are evil - maybe some are but not all. If you want to be a vigilante that is one thing - but do it right, look into what you are doing before you paint everyone with the same paintbrush.

I am currently trying to get this remedied. If you are a vigilante and you are the person who booted me form the exchange - please do the right thing.

Wishing you all, all the best.

Comments (3)

• lieblingxdasxkraut
    12 years ago

I can uderstand when people have like 50+ bad trades but in a year or prolly 100+ trades only like 3-4 to go bad? I'm sorry but unless suddenly the good trader turns bad (and said good trader can PROOVE they have a good reputation) why do they NEED to be "known" as the outher names? Why are 2-3 names really so bad? Why not ask WHY they changed names BEFORE you judge them as inheriently evil? Maby someone did something so utterly horrid to them they could barely stand the sight of the name after that point? Maby someone did something worse then that --to the point they actually wanted to kill themselves after what had happened? And then to call them evil because of that? Because someone else seriously hurt them? How is THAT even remotely fair?

I love warnings about bad traders as much as the next person having been cheated myself but I am NOT trying to cheat anyone

• orgogal
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Do you want to know the funny thing about my post above - It turns out that it was as simple as my forgetting my password. What I thought for sure was my pass word - for sure - was not.
    Duh.
    Getting old is no joke.

• lieblingxdasxkraut
    11 years ago

That is kinda funny

Still I recieved junk from a website I once had that really made me want to kill myself that's no joke instead of take it to the cops my mom had me run well no mods here to contact about it that I saw (nobody tagged as mod like outher places) so I just created a new account and people seem as heartless as ever *any* swear filter would block what I got it was that bad! Then for me to be hunted just because I couldn't contact a mod? I think that's crazy

I'm not lljjz I don't change my username whenever the mood suits me I like to be known as one thing but if I feel I have a good reason I will change my name yea I do occasionally forget a trade even tho I try to remember them I also due to not having a job occasionally can't get stamps or that as quick as I would like --the only times I knowingly short people is when they are seriously upsetting me and they get plenty of chances as well but when they call me a cheat when that's the last thing I want to be and say I'm making up excuses when again it's the last thing I want to do then I may be inclined to send something off just so they have something even if I'm aware it might get crushed in the mail as I feel they have earned it with there poor talking about me --most people aren't near that bad tho and most get stuff ok from me unless I have some delay that's legit