Return to the Rate & Review Exchanges Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A copy of your follow-up will automatically be emailed to the...

Posted by the_sun 3B (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 18, 09 at 0:25

Wouldn't it be great if there was a way to persuade the site administrators to disable the "follow-ups" checkbox in the "Rate & Review Exchanges" forum?

You know, this checkbox... "A copy of further followups will be emailed to this poster."

Don't get me wrong, the follow-ups are very useful for actual exchanges and discussion forum posts, but not so much in the Rate & Review forum.

For example...
If you accidentally check the box out of habit, then you'll be emailed the replies of every rater/reviewer -- and the ratings/reviews rarely, if ever, apply to the original poster, but rather the person the OP is reviewing!

(Gee, I hope that all makes sense.)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A copy of your follow-up will automatically be emailed to the

(Gee, I hope that all makes sense.)
Yes it makes sense. When I post, I consider if it is a thread that I really want to receive the follow-up replies...like I don't check the box on any posts at the Seed Exchange Conversations, but will always check the box if I am posting a trade.

I have often wondered why anyone would check the box on a post they would start here, for another member.
I reading your post, I assume that some folks just automatically check the box on everything, like automatically.

Wouldn't it be great if there was a way to persuade the site administrators to disable the "follow-ups" checkbox in the "Rate & Review Exchanges" forum?
I really doubt if it is anything they could or would do. You might make a suggestion though at The Suggestion Forum
btw...you explained it quite clearly.

If one did accidentally check the box, and soon realized it, they could request that the post be pulled via the Contact Us link at the bottom of any page.

Sue

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rate & Review Exchanges Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here