Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
speedyraindrop

Park Seed Over-Promises, Over-Prices & Under-Delivers

SpeedyRaindrop
11 years ago

I received my my order for 5 Bicolor Buddleia plants from Park Seed earlier this week. They might have been healthy 3-4â plants in small 3-4" pots before they were packed unbagged and unsecured in loose foam peanuts in a box for shipping. It's no surprise there was extensive shipping damage. Several stems were broken off from each plant, and all the remaining leaves and stems were broken, bruised, or partially blackened.

Even if these 3-4â plants had arrived undamaged, there is no way they were worth $11.95 each. A local nursery in Macedon,NY has Bicolor Buddleia plants which are 5-10 times the height and fullness for $7.95 -- and they are robust and undamaged.

Park Seed offered a free bonus as incentive for this order... It was described as a Tomato Container Choice VFF Hybrid. Does that sound like a plant? It was a packet of 10 seeds. The description is misleading. Or you could say weasel-worded, if you like. If they wanted to be honest, they would have described the bonus something like this: VFF Hybrid Choice Container Tomato Seeds. If a vendor is going to offer anything "free" with an order, why do it in such a way as to make their customers unhappy -- or in my case, even more unhappy, by setting false expectations?

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!