Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chemocurl

More and more mixed reviews it seems these days...sigh

Which is why I really dislike seeing positive descriptive terms in the Subject of Posting line along with the members name. At first glance it might appear that they are awesome, great, wonderful, excellent, positive, etc, but then if one takes the time to read all off the reviews, they will find that somewhere along the line, they became a not so good trader (aka no sender).

Just my 2 cents though.

Anyone else notice the mixed reviews? I have them saved to my Bad Review Folder and would think long and hard before trading with someone with mixed reviews,...or maybe even request that they mail first.

Sue

Comments (10)

• chrizty
    15 years ago

yes i noticed, i dont care for the description in the subjects either, theres alot of reasons for mixed reviews,
    some one could be new at sending n not gotten the hang of it yet, then when they do get the hang their stuck with that title. or like you said could be good n then gone bad
    or some one could be good at seed trades but not plants.or the other way around.

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I see there is another one.

The subject line has the member name and ++ behind it for a little seed trade.

The next review is then a negative one where the member received in a big box of plants on a 'Robin' swap, and never sent anything, nor acknowledged receiving the box.

In a case like that I am for a member having more than one review thread. The next one should I guess have a negative behind the member name, to offset the ++ one.
    I'm sure folks don't often read all of the reviews...especially when they see a ++ in the subject line...sigh.

What are your thoughts on the matter?

s

• irish_rose_grower
    15 years ago

HI Sue, I agree with you. I usually don't read all reviews if it is named "+++" in the subject line and I see now there could be negatives mixed in. Never thought to read all, but may do so in the future. Postage is so much money and time and effort to dig and clean and pack plants is another expense that I don't want to lose out with a bad trader. I will read more carefully in the future.

• angelady777 (Angela) - Zone 6
    15 years ago

That's a very good point, Sue. It really should be generic if we are going to have just one thread per member. If we are going to have more than one (one for positives and one for negatives), then it would certainly be noticed when a member has negatives.

It's hard because you don't want to mix it up by having some members with one thread and others with two. But, at the same time it is proving very difficult to have a uniform way of handling things because members who post do not always read the basics on how to use the forum first, or they just do not follow them if they do know them.

Blessings,
    Angela

• littleonefb
    15 years ago

another problem has been the search feature doesn't always work. It's hard to know if the member has a thread started or doesn't if the feature doesn't work.

I really dislike the ++ and the --- beside any name. And I know for sure that lots of people don't read all of the posts under a members name either. When you see 30, 40, 50 posts, it is just scanned or a few are read and that's it, if they read it at all.

Not sure what the answer is to how things should be done either.

Should the "powers that be" come in and delete old posts on a thread and just say for example, 40 + positive posts and leave just the last few new ones?

That would show the prior positive posts with a number and just leave a few more to read. Maybe they would be read that way.

What do do with negative ones added to what appears to be a consistently good rating and then presto, a problem?

Need to get our heads together and come up with some good ideas to send to the "powers to be" to help solve the problem.

Fran

• angelady777 (Angela) - Zone 6
    15 years ago

You know, the more I think about it, the more I think a separate thread would be best. I would put "Negative Experience" (or something like that) next to their name... people would be SURE to read it then... If I see numerous posts for the same person, I only read the biggest one, but don't really want to ready 30 or 40+ posts to see if they've had any bad trades... I would most likely assume with that many posts, that they must be a good trader...

You know what else I like about it? I like that others would be more warned who visit R&R. I might see the post and stray away from even reading a post in the seed exchange forum from them unless it was to warn others or something. KWIM?

Blessings,
    Angela

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

On a coupon forum I am involved with they have it set up some how that f there s a negative review, the person has so many days to respond to and correct the problem. If they do not, they try to contact them but if it is not resolved, they go on a bad trader list. Once a month or every week or two when necessary, there i an email that goes out with bad traders listed. People also have ratings scales that are right beside their posts. All of their posts, so it is easy to see if a member is involved and has good feedback that way,too. I am not sure of the particulars of operating the site, but if you would like info on the site name to loook at it, let me know and I can let you know. Just some thoughts.

• medontdo
    14 years ago

i don't know if it falls under your mixed review thingi here, but i wish that people would post about if it was PLANT or SEED, and if they sent in a BUBBLE or REGULAR envi, in light of the latest bit of stuff going on. and i can honestly say it has been bugging me a bit lately that i don't know if they are good for for plant trade only or seed only. and i don't want to get into a trade with someone who is really generous if they are n't going to protect their seeds. what's the use if they send tons of seeds if they are mostly crushed??? it is really sad! i wish that people would just post that also. i know that i need to also. ~medo

• littleonefb
    14 years ago

Medo,

I couldn't agree with you more. It's good to know if the trade was seeds, plants, bulbs, cuttings, etc. and even if they where round robins.

I seem to recall some reviews that where mixed on several people over the past year.

They where great reviews of seed trading, and then some really bad and even worse than really bad, plant, seedlings bulb trades.

I'd like to see the following in an Rate and review posting.

1. type of trade i.e. seeds, plants, bulbs, cuttings, round robbin.

2. how well packed for the specific trade or BEAP offer or round robbin

3. the seed trade included bubble envelope.

4. post just the facts, no nasty anything, just be honest and factual if it is a bad review and the reasons.

5. everyone use the search so that the post can be added to the original one and not end up with several threads for the same person.

Fran

• mikey-gardener
    14 years ago

I couldn't agree with you anymore littleonefb. I can see where a person would pickup a good review one time and then be the dirty dog the next with a real bad review

Sponsored