Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
materwitch

Question about Rate and Review Etiquette

sunnyk
15 years ago

I was wondering, what is the proper amount of time to allow someone to make good on their end of a trade.It has been 3 weeks and 2 e-mails(granted I only sent the second one today)since they advised me that they had recieved the stuff that I had sent to them.

I just don't want to be jumping the gun and putting up a bad review if this doesnt seem to be a long enough wait to other more experienced folks.

Comments (11)

• ramazz
    15 years ago

I would say if the person responds to your e-mail and has a good reason for not shipping yet, you should give him/her a little longer. They should agree to ship this week, though.

I have had a few trades where I did not receive anything. Two of the people just stopped communicating, and the 3rd kept making excuses, but nothing ever arrived at my end. I posted an honest comment about these failed trades. I watch for these people's names to show up on the trade pages and try to warn people to look at the rate & review forum before they send anything.

Becky
    ramazz

• sunnyk
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Glad I didnt jump the gun, I got my seeds tonight!! :) So I am off to leave a glowing review :)

Thanks for the help.

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    15 years ago

Cool!

• dorisl
    15 years ago

I tell ya, its surprising how many trades get delayed. Its the EXCEPTION where a trade wraps up quickly and easily. I can think of two trades (EVER) I did where we both got our seeds within 2-3 days of arranging the trade. I put five outgoing envelopes in my mailbox in the the second week of May and still have 3 that havent come in.

You pretty much have to allow three weeks turnaround time.

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    15 years ago

You pretty much have to allow three weeks turnaround time....unless you are trading with that chemocurl...and then it might be even longer.

Like I used to tell them at work, "I may not be good, but I'm slow."

Sue

• sunnyk
    Original Author
    15 years ago

'You pretty much have to allow three weeks turnaround time.'

It had been going on 4 weeks from when the transaction originally started(which would be the time I packed my stuff up and sent it out) when I posted my etiquette question...and yet I still felt that was not enough time LOL. Good thing I held back too, as I recieved my seeds that night. :)

I have one SASE I sent out the begining of the second week in February that I havent gotten back. I sent an e-mail and was told that they forgot and would get it right out...that was the beginig of April. I wont ever see those seeds LOL!

'Like I used to tell them at work, "I may not be good, but I'm slow." '

I need to remember that !!Maybe even get a tee shirt made up!!ROTFLMBO

Donna

• dorisl
    15 years ago

maybe we should do an R&R for the post office.....

• chrizty
    15 years ago

3 weeks is a good time but there are some "ifs" such as
    if the person is late or "no sender" on the trade and got your end but still making trades with others the time stays 3 weeks!

if the person let you know something happend or came up id make the time longer.:) i can be understanding as long as i know what im understanding lol

• angelady777 (Angela) - Zone 6
    15 years ago

Doris, I totally think that's a great idea!

Chrizty, I couldn't agree with you more. It is a bit annoying when you haven't gotten your end after several weeks, and you see posts from the person to numerous others trying to make more trades. What's up with that?

Blessings,
    Angela

• botanybabe
    14 years ago

I'm glad you posted this question. I am into the third week of waiting for a trade. I've sent 5 e-mails with no answer. I, myself, being kind of a gimpy old lady, don't get mine out too swiftly, it depends upon when I'm strong enough to dig. But if I'm going to be slow, I always send a note, saying so. So I'm giving this person a few more days, just in case she's gimpy like me. But at some point, I'm going to have to quit waiting for my plants.

Lainey

• christie_sw_mo
    14 years ago

Lainey - You might want to try posting here first to see if anyone has heard from her before you make a negative review. You could start a new thread with her Gardenweb name as the subject line. That also would give her another chance in case she's not getting your emails for some reason. I would do this especially if it's someone that's been on Gardenweb for awhile and has suddenly stopped posting. Things happen. Good luck.

Sponsored
Premier Home Services, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Loudoun County Complete Turn-Key Contracting Solutions