Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
auntyara

Just finished my very 1st swap got Q's please help

auntyara
14 years ago

Hi all,

I just got finished with my very 1st trade/swap and the box I sent out was 3 or 4 times larger than the box I received.

I sent more than enough postage obviously.

the hostess raved about how wonderful my plants looked.

But I got back very few good looking plants a couple iffy's and some that are sad to say gonners.

bad luck for a newbie or should I complain?

I sent an e-mail to the hostess and I'm waiting for her reply, just a few hrs.

One of the good looking plants is so awesome i feel just getting that one was worth my shipping costs.

what should I do?

Comments (12)

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

Hi Laura try to work it out in a email between you two...If that does work..Please utilize the rate and review...Leave a honest review and only state the facts that happened in the swap.. I hope it works out for you :) Barb

ps Did you get your postage back that was due you? You might ask the host about this in your email..Good luck Laura

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

auntyara: I'm presuming that it's the same swap that I was called a liar and a backstabber in. This is totally unacceptable and horrific behavior for a GW trader. Attacking someone for posting true and honest feedback to a fellow trader is not only childish but vicious! I think intelligent GWÂers can see just who the problem child is when they check the R&RÂs. I can only speak for my own experience on the issue, but know there are far more than me who were taken for a ride. Now the sob stories come out about how this person is being unfairly treated after many many issues that have followed this GW trader around.
    You need to post an honest, non emotional and truthful rate and review of this trader. Stick to the factsÂdonÂt get emotional or critical. Spell it out like it happened. Currently there are several trying to bury the one truthful review that was posted, but hopefully many will see just what has been going on over the many years of this person's trading.

Toni
    dirtdiggin

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

One more suggestion for you..Chemocurl is who we all go to when we need help trying to do what is right..Maybe email her..She helps everyone on GW.....

• auntyara
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks girls
    I'm too upset tonight. I've talk to chemcurl briefly on the compost forum about our hatred for bethlahem stars I think. She seemed sweet yet gutsy.
    I'll email her tomorrow.
    Laura

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

I just found out that this trader was not only banned several times, but is also selling these items via ebay.

Isn't that a violation of of GW policy?????

• auntyara
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Today I sent chemcurl an email asking her to look at this post.
    I don't want to start trouble but I think I stepped into it!
    I will post an honest review but I'm to upset still.
    I know It must be unemotional.
    I don't want to spread any roumors but the things I've been hearing about this hostess are terrible.
    I'm shocked on how I, and others were traded with.
    she claims that certain others are busy bodies. and mean.
    I'm just very confused and upset
    sorry for going on and on.
    Laura

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

Please dont be upset Laura...I feel so bad for you Laura and all the others who are afraid to come out... Chemocurl will know what to do to help... You have a lot of support... Big hugs and pretty blooms to you...

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

Laura that was a honest and factual review! I know it was difficult being new here..Think of all the newbies you are protecting.. Kudos to you for protecting them... If you ever want to trade my garden is open to you!

• auntyara
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Rosepedal,
    It was very difficult!
    Thank you for your open garden invite. I'm afraid it's going to be a while before I'm ready again.
    Last one really knocked the fun out.
    Laura
    Maybe in the spring :)

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

Auntyara, there is also an open invite here. I'd be more than happy to trade anything I have available when you are ready.

I'm so glad you were able to post an honest review. Many have been afraid to post the truth due to past issues. I'm so proud of you for having the courage to move forward and post the truth.

It's so sad to see a member prey on new GW members. Well, I was also new when I started in with the one I posted for. I believe this member keeps the good stuff for her friends and takes from the new users. I so hope that the other member returns who was also a new GW member. As I stated before, there are SO many honest, friendly and generous traders here on GW. If my trade with the individual had been my first, I may not have come back, but I had many good trades first. If you have a question, please know that the door is open for an honest answer.

Blessings,

Toni

• auntyara
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Toni,
    I know there are a lot of good, honest, traders here and in the spring I am hoping to trade again.
    I just need time to lick my wounds LOL.
    Thank you so much to everyone who's been so kind :)
    Laura

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

Hey Laura Seniors are licking wounds too! hahahah I am burnt out on this trader and will keep up the good fight..:) She is a scammer.. Is still causing problems... Converstation saved hahhahaha

Sponsored