Return to the Rate & Review Exchanges Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to report spam/illegal business?

Posted by MoonFire 8b (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 17, 12 at 1:27

Sorry but I'm not sure what to do about this and I feel if I do nothing then I'm as wrong as the person posting it...it bothers me that this kind of thing can go on here on a site like this and I wasn't sure who I should report to or if I should report it at all...but here it is...

There is a thread in Alabama Gardening under the Southern Gardening link titled this:

"high quality fake passports,id card ,driving license etc"

not sure if it's a prank spam or a virus spam or if it's someone being so stupid as to advertise illegal things on the net on a public site...i know this is the web and most anything goes but seems this site is more respectful than to have people posting such things...i'm sorry if i'm out of place or stepping on any toes...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to report spam/illegal business?

and I feel if I do nothing then I'm as wrong as the person posting it
I agree and feel the same way.

not sure if it's a prank spam or a virus spam or if it's someone being so stupid as to advertise illegal things on the net on a public site.
I'm sure it is spam, and most all spammers are so stupid that they actually think that they are smart. Sadly, I've met a few people like that in real life too.

Anywho, I see reporting spam or bad abuse on the any forums as something that we 'regulars' can all help with. Nobody likes spam trashing up their favorite forums.

To report spam, just go to the bottom of any GW page and click on the Contact Us link found in the green bar.
From the dropdown box choose Abuse or Violation.
Then make your report. It is very helpful to GW if you tell them the offending member's name and also provide a copy of the URL for the offending post. It just takes a moment, and often a spammer has spammed several forums, so by reporting it, GW can clean up the other spams made by the same spammer.

btw...I reported the spammer you are speaking of. I came across a spam of hers on another forum. A quick search of her name, shows she has spammed 3 forums so far, and if not stopped could spam a lot more of them.

Sue...who has likely had too much coffee.

o

Thanks Sue...now that I know how to do it I'll be reporting it for sure if I see it again...thanks for reporting this one :)

o

You're so welcome...and 'Thank you' in advance for the future help to GW and keeping the forums clean and enjoyable for all of us.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rate & Review Exchanges Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here