Return to the Rate & Review Exchanges Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
This may have been asked before but....

Posted by agirlsgirl 6 SW-PA (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 31, 08 at 10:41

...what happens when you reach 150 on your review thread? I know once it gets that full no one can post to it and a new one must be started,and that when it reaches page 67 it is dead.Would it be in bad taste to copy it so you have it to show,in case you only have like 4 reviews on your new thread, and someone is skeptical to trade with you? I am especially concerned about the plant trade review,I have few because I just got the nerve to actually try it,and now my thread is almost to the point of no return! :(
I never thought I would be anywhere near 150 reviews for a good long time! Now that I just got to 85,I wish I wouldn't have posted to my own thread ,I just felt like I had to pop in and thank those that were kind enough to post such nice things, but that was space used up...lol....
So what do you guys do in this situation?

Happy Halloween!!!!

~ Angie...who is thinking way too much this morning...can you tell?...lol..

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: This may have been asked before but....

Good Question, and I 'think' I might have a good answer. Just because something slips off of page 67 does not mean it can never be read via a link to it.

I will explain more later...too pretty to be inside very long.

Sue

o

I did most of my trading ( like a crazy person ) the first few years I joined GW, so now that there IS a review board, it's too late for me to possibly reach that 150 mark.
Hey wanna trade GG? LOLOL

o

Sue, I am anxiously awaiting your neat idea! Can you still link to a thread that is beyond page 67? I see pages all the time when I search that "cannot be found" when I click on them.????

Blessings,
Angela

o

Can you still link to a thread that is beyond page 67?

Yes there is.

I see pages all the time when I search that "cannot be found" when I click on them.????
hmmm...could you maybe give me an instance?

The search feature is 'broken' on some forums, and should be reported. For instance on The Seed Saving Forum one can bring up several threads when one does a search on zinna yet when one clicks on the first one, Saving Profusion Zinnia Seed they will get Whoops! I could not find that message.
What one can do then is go to the URL of the Whoops message, and remove the 2 found behind http://forums and then hit enter. The post will then come up. The problem is with the 'forums2' servor on some forums.

Here.... is a thread that was at The Test Forum, and it dropped off the one and only page there. Try it. Click on the link, and then go to the top of that page and click on Return to The Test Forum.
As you can see, the thread is not listed there, as it dropped off earlier this month. Magic?

s

o

Oh, my goodness, Sue! I had NO idea. Thanks SO much for the information. I just got done playing around some with the info you gave, and it sure appears you're right on, as usual!!!

It also looks like it's a great solution for what Angie is saying above. It must be amazing to have that many posts on your R&R thread that you have to wonder how to keep it past 150 posts! Angie,

Blessings,
Angela

o

Cheryl,someday we will have to trade...lol..we have said this a couple times but still havent done it! :)

Angela,thanks for the Congrats ,but I havent quite reached the 150 mark. I am at 88 right now,but it got me thinking!:)

Sue thanks for the info! :)

o

Angie, you still deserve the congrats, though! From what I understand, only a few posts are done for umpteen trades you do, so you are very well established as a GREAT trader. :-)

Sue, based on the other post where you said that the thread you started had went past page 1 and disappeared (which I'm really sorry about), is the info you gave above still accurate? Why do you think you're getting the Whoops page?

Blessings,
Angela

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rate & Review Exchanges Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here