Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
micke_gw

bakemom

micke
17 years ago

she is so generous with her seeds, thank you so much bakemom:)

Comments (61)

• booberry85
    16 years ago

Wow! What more can I say? Very generous!

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

Just did another SASBE with Karen. She is a very generous trader and sent extra types of seeds. She is always so helpful and friendly and I look forward to trading with her in the future. Thanks!

• token28001
    15 years ago

YAY!!!!!! Got my seeds today. I'm certainly going to have to recommend Karen to everyone. Awesome. Thank you so much!

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

I did a SASBE from Karen and she put in soooo many wonderful extras. She is great!
    Thank You!
    Vicky

• alwaysagarden
    15 years ago

Karen made a wonderful offer to newbies for SASBE and boy did she pack that bubble mailer full! I am on my way to a really wonderful garden this Spring. She is extremely generous and I would trade with her again anytime!

Cindy : )

• margaret_2007
    15 years ago

Karen does a wonderful service with her SASBE for newbies, even stating you don't have to be a newbie. I received a bubble mailer stuffed full also. Many of the seeds I will use for Winter Sowing.I am sure this takes lots of her time & effort. Bless you, Karen. You do great & I really appreciate it!!

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    15 years ago

Posted by crisann 4 SD (crisann@swiftel.net) on
    Fri, Nov 14, 08 at 14:13

What an excellent seed offer. Recieved a wonderful selection of seeds in the "Newbie seed offering". I am trying to get started gardening and this will be so helpful. Thanks bakemom!

copied from another thread,.

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Karen just sent me a newbie pack of seeds for SASBE. Wow! I'm overwhelmed! I can't wait to try wintersowing this year and with these seeds, I'm going to have lots of great flowers this year. Thanks again!!!! Nikki

• velsgarden
    15 years ago

Karen set me up to get started wintersowing.I was amazed at the package she sent.Thank you Karen for such a wonferful trade...velvet

• jspeachyn5
    15 years ago

I have completed a newbie offering with Bakemom.
    She was quick to send out and everything was great.
    Bonnie

• maemae0312
    15 years ago

I responded to a newbie offer posted by Bakemom.......let me tell you getting that envie back was like Christmas Morning!!!! Thanks Karen!!!

Mary

• sharoncl
    15 years ago

Thanks for your generosity, bakemom (and all those others who donate seeds to the project). Your newbie seed project is wonderful for us newbies who don't quite know where to start... and the variety and sheer number of seeds is outstanding.

thanks again!

• cjcjmass
    15 years ago

Being a newbie I am very greatful for Karen's generosity

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

Sent me a SABE very fast and so full of generous seeds. This is a wonderful, patient person and so kind with her generous offer. One of the best traders on here. Thank YOU

Nichol

• natalie4b
    15 years ago

Received a BUCKET of seeds from her today! Wow! She is beyond generous!!! My garden will look amazing this spring.
    Thank you Bakemom!

• Pizzahaulic
    15 years ago

OMG. I'm a newbie, joined 2/15. Karen, Bakemom, just sent me more seeds than I know what to do with for a SASBE. Thank you and I HIGHLY recommend her!!!

• chickenseed
    15 years ago

Karen, I can't thank you enough for all the seeds ! You are so generous to the newbies !

• servantgal
    15 years ago

Wow! I'm overwhelmed at the number of seed packets you sent me in the newbie offer. Thank you so very much!

• murphysmom2009
    15 years ago

Thank you so much for your generosity

• karendee
    15 years ago

She is a very generouns person! She helped me get started with wintersowing!

thanks!
    Karen

• sister_k
    15 years ago

I am also new to WinterSowing and was lucky enough to receive a newbie pack from Bakemom. It was an amazingly, generous pack of seeds, all with detailed information. I was so pleased to see such different plants/flowers than I normally see in the stores. I have started WSing them and have many more still to go. Thanks Bakemom, for your generosity and for sharing your seeds and your knowledge! -- Kristin (aka Sister)

• filaluvr
    15 years ago

I got my newbie seeds today and WOW. what can you say. There are soo many i am forced to learn to wintersow. LOL not really, but it has kicked in the patootie to learn this method. Will have plenty of time before time. Kathy aka Filauvr in Texas

• Alphie
    15 years ago

bakemom sent me LOADS of seeds for SASBE. Even sent me seeds from my wishlist! VERY generous! Everything was nicely packaged & labeled. Thank you again bakemom. You are the best!

• craftyorchid
    15 years ago

I just received my SASBE from the newbie offer and Oh My Gosh! Way more seeds than I expected, and even some native Oklahoma seeds from my wishlist! I am so excited to get to germinating some of these seeds and getting my perennial garden in order so that I can trade more seeds in the future!

Thank you so much Bakemom! What a welcome to GardenWeb!

• lilangel181
    14 years ago

A large selection of seeds, some Ive never even heard of! Thank you so so much for all of the wonderful new varieties in the newbie pack, I cant wait to plant them and pass along the generosity of future seeds.

~Laura

• jewelgirl04
    14 years ago

I promptly received my SASBE in the mail within a week of sending it out! Great turnover and fantastic seeds. What a variety! Would love to trade with her in future.

Thanks so much!
    Danielle

• ladyslipper420
    14 years ago

Just got her package today and she was extra generous!
    Thanks again!

• countrycarolyn
    14 years ago

I opened my package that you sent me today for SASBE, girl you brought tears to my eyes. You have sent me some of the best things I could of hoped for. I had actually been in a trade with someone for the tn coneflower and it has taken some time on their end, and you sent me some. I feel so great I havent even got halfway through the package but I was so moved by your extremely generous gift. I know I am a corn ball to be teared up over flowers I just wanted you to know that I was deeply moved and VERY much appreciated. Thankyou so much Karen, I hope one day to have something to pay you for your extreme generosity. Sincerely, Carolyn

• graanieb
    13 years ago

What a wonderful person to dedicate her time and care and make sure newbies are seed-fed, smile....Karen ,you rock!
    She's just posted another project -seeds for newbies- she'll undertake, thank you very much for making it easier on some of us too.
    Bea

• gardenunusual
    13 years ago

I just received her wonderful package of seeds. It is moving to see the care, time, and generosity it took to send this to me. I am looking forward to growing these.

Many thanks!!!

• kvenkat
    13 years ago

I received a newbie pack from bakemom yesterday. So many packets with a generous number of seeds. I am off to a good start! THANKS bakemom!

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    13 years ago

Posted by alex1990 4 (My Page) on Mon, Mar 14, 11 at 14:37

I received a package from Bakemom last week (just found the review forum)and I am so thrilled at what I found in the package. I sent her 4 stamps and she sent me about 30 packets as a *NEWBIE* package. Thank you Bakemom! It was great!

(copied from another thread)

• alex1990
    13 years ago

I did not see this thread last time, sorry all! I have received my package from bakemom today! THANKS! It was a wonderful package, I like being a new person...lol

• alex1990
    13 years ago

That last post I made was a mistake, it was for the wrong person! must have my notes mixed up! I already received this package, hence the post before that! SORRY!

• wispfox
    13 years ago

I just got a whole bunch of seeds in a newbie pack from bakemom. Thank you so much! Now I have lots of seeds to learn about and hopefully grow. :)

• lexiegurl09
    12 years ago

She is a great person to have the wintersowing newbie project. I just received my seeds for wintersowing today (was SUPER excited, felt like Christmas lol) and there were a ton of seeds in there. She even included flower seeds even though I had only asked for vegetable seeds!:) I am very excited to try wintersowing now thanks to her help with both vegetables and flowers. Thank You so much!!!!!

• Alyssa DeRonne
    12 years ago

Very generous giveaway from bakemom - just sent her the envelope and she sent it back FULL of seeds! Thank you!

• julia_c
    11 years ago

Received a newbie pack from bakemom recently. So surprised...30 varieties of flowers! I'm not kidding. Didn't even know where to start with all of the different seeds but realized I was going to need a lot more containers. Thanks so much for sharing!

• greengirl2009
    11 years ago

Very happy to have received Newbie seed packet. Great collection of location appropriate seeds and thoughtfully packaged. Greatly appreciated.

• greengirl2009
    11 years ago

Very happy to have received Newbie seed packet. Great collection of location appropriate seeds and thoughtfully packaged. Greatly appreciated.

• greengirl2009
    11 years ago

• garden_love
    11 years ago

Great newbie Pack! Everything will work great in my area. and a lot of them are what I've been looking for! thank you so much!

• rhodes145
    11 years ago

Bakemom actually made me cry with her generosity and incredible newbie pak. (and yes it was a tough week...) I just couldn't believe I was getting these varieties I never expected. THANK YOU Karen for your amazing organization and effort!

Best wishes,
    Barbara

• otefft
    10 years ago

Wow, wow, wow! I couldn't believe the amount of amazing seeds Karen sent me for SASE! The package I received was beyond generous. I was expecting to receive 20 packages of flower seeds (which already blew my mind) and instead received over 40 packets of seeds including some herbs and veggies! Everything is labeled and many even has descriptions and arrived so quickly! The Newbie Seed Project she runs is phenomenal and I look forward to donating seeds back in the future! Thank you Karen!!!!

• bowler851
    10 years ago

Absolutely amazing newbie package! Karen's so, so generous - can't thank her enough. My garden's going to be so happy. : )

~ Jen

• PRO
    Sycamore Lane
    10 years ago

bakemom offered seeds for postage. Being brand new and with little to no inventory to trade, she sent me a massive amount of seeds. Thanks so much for spending the time you do to help us bakemom. It is very much appreciated!

• sdambr
    9 years ago

I can't thank her enough, being new and having only a few seeds to trade or plant. Thanks for all the wonderful packages of seeds, so many! It has opened up a new world to me and I have spent the last few nights doing research. This coming winter I will be winter sowing as it seems this is the best way to get started. Now on to drinking milk and soda I am going to need the containers! Thanks to all who were a part of this.

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

(joined GW in May this year) Today I received my newbie package of seeds from Bakemom's on-going project. It is overwhelming .I want to mention, there are things here I wanted but they are not even on my list. How does she know? These seeds are in beautiful little packages with info. Many donors chip in. Special thanks to all of you, esp. Bakemom. Mary E.

• MikeinPA_Zone5b
    9 years ago

Requested the 2015 Newbie Seed Packets and was just blown away by the amount and variety of seed packets included. We could never have imagined receiving that many. We really appreciate the generosity of Bakemom for doing this and for all the people who contribute. Such a great way to help others get off to a great start. Just can't say enough about this offer. So nicely labeled too.

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living