Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
audrey_gw

love2gardenNC

audrey_gw
17 years ago

Les sent me very generous amounts of seeds--and some healthy cuttings that made a lovely bonus!

Comments (37)

• love2gardennc
    17 years ago

Thanks Audrey,
    I appreciate the kind word. How are the cuttings doing, Les

• squirrelspur
    17 years ago

Very generous and honest trader. When I was new, she gave me lots of hints and help. We trade each year. She can grow anything from seed, one of the best gardeners around.

• limequilla
    17 years ago

I agree, One of the very best and most generous! I thought of her today as a matter of fact...sowed some wonderful seed I got last fall from her!

Lime

• katie88
    17 years ago

Les has been a kind, extremely generous friend and trader since I moved to NC. Thank you Les!

Katie
    GW:katie88

• zimberquattor
    17 years ago

I had another great trade with Les. Her seeds are very well packaged and got here fast. ~Chandra (ZimberQuattor)

• christie_sw_mo
    16 years ago

It's very easy to tell that Les is someone that enjoys giving. I received a very nice package of seeds and some rooted salvia for my hummingbirds and I couldn't be happier. Wonderful!

• flwrs4ever
    16 years ago

Les sent me seeds that I wanted even tho I was a newbie, and couldnt offer anything in return. When I receive the package, I was expecting one type of seed, and instead, it was A WHOLE ENVIE FULLLL OF SEED !!!!!!!! I did a seed dance, I was sooo excited !!!

Thank you for making my day !! I will enjoy sitting and watching them grow.

• vaskirt
    16 years ago

Les is a wonderful lady in everyway. I had an excellent trade with her. She sent me the most beautiful package of iris. They were so fresh looking, and just beautiful. A very generous lady. Thanks so much Les !!

• kabby_z8
    16 years ago

I should have searched for a thread started about Les earlier. I sent her hedychium gingers for a wonderful assortment of perennials, carefully packaged against the heat and a wonderful variety of plants with labels. You can't go wrong here. I too thank you Les!

• irishdescended
    16 years ago

Just completed my first trade with Les. Was very prompt sending seeds and replying to emails. Would trade again anytime. Darla

• organic_tngardener
    16 years ago

Les very kindly sent me some melon seeds for a SASBE. She was very helpful and very generous with the seeds plus she sent bonus seeds! Thank you very much. I highly recommended her to anyone. I can't wait to plant these Tigger melons for my daughter!

• dorisl
    16 years ago

Love all the columbines Les! Cant wait to see them bloom.

:)
    Doris

• plant-one-on-me
    16 years ago

Les, you made one little girl (and her grandma) very happy! Thank you so much for giving Jordan some more "planets". We were able to get nice and dirty today!!! Kim

• kabby_z8
    15 years ago

My second yr trading with Les and all I can say is wow! First class plants(and so many!) carefully wrapped, looking none the worse from their trip from NC. I look forward to enticing Les with more gingers next yr, many thanks!
    Kabby

• green_panther
    15 years ago

Just finished up a very satisfactory trade with Les. WONDERFUL - many plants, nicely packaged. Thank you! Miranda

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Les sent me some hellebore seeds for postage after not finding anything on my list he was interested in. He mailed very promptly on my promise to mail him postage. I am thrilled with the amount of seeds! The communication was excellent too! I look forward to someday having something this prolific gardener is interested in so we can do a real trade!

Thanks, Les! HIGHLY recommended as a trader!

Kathy

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Les had some Hellebore seeds that I really wanted, but I didn't have anything he was interested in. After he finished his trades, he still had some left and kindly offered them to me and was mailing out immediately on my good faith promise to send the postage right away. I did so and received the 75 hellebore seeds and next spring will have some gorgeous lenton roses! Thanks so much for having faith in me, Les! I really look forward to being able to do a real trade with you someday! Hopefully I can catch up to the wonderful list you have!

Kathy

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    15 years ago

I had a lovely trade back in the fall with Les. She sent me several nicely rooted shrubs and suckers.

Thanks Les!

Sue

• jaynine
    15 years ago

les kindly allowed a trade with her, even though i got her confused with another member--how embarrassing! my seeds arrived today and i couldn't be happier. i would definitely trade again and hope to get the chance. thanks for everything, les!
    janine

• rosepedal
    15 years ago

Les is very generous with her seeds. I havent seen so many seeds. Wow very nice person to talk to too. Thank you for trading with me. Next time I will remember to send gobs to you.....Great trader!

• jaynine
    15 years ago

Just completed our second seed trade and, again, was very happy with the whole process. Thanks, Les.

• barefoot_contessa
    15 years ago

Had a wonderful trade with Les. Look forward to future trades.

Carrie

15 years ago

Another great trade with Les. This time it was seeds...sent quickly, and packaged and labeled well.

Thanks Les!

Sue

• mrs.b_in_wy
    13 years ago

I sent a few packets of squash seeds to Les and received an envelope practically overflowing with SIX varieties of heuchera, TWO varieties of Hellebore along with everything else we discussed - plus instructions for what to do with it all! I'm completely astounded by love2gardenNC's generosity and count myself blessed for having had the pleasure of trading with Les.

Thank you again,

Michelle

• ricjo22
    12 years ago

Just traded with Les for things to plant for kids see her post in the conversations side of the seed exchange. Hardly anyone seems to go there. Les sent me a ton of heuchera and salvia before i could even get my package out. Maybe you have something perfect for kids (strawberry popcorn hint hint)

• cryptid
    12 years ago

Holy cow,...! Today I received Les' end of a trade and I must say I am beyond pleased! Les' seeds were not only very well labeled and bubble-envy protected for transit, but also well stabilized in position so as not to shift around causing the USPS consternation, etc. Additionally, Les was extremely generous with the amount of seeds! I am truly one very happy camper, here! Uber thanks, Les! :)

• itzybitzy_gw
    12 years ago

what a generous person,great communication, my frebies got here fast well label(by the way I'm totally stealing the idea;o)and lots of,can't thank her enough:)

• soilent_green
    12 years ago

Just completed a pleasant, hassle-free trade. Great communication. Would trade with again anytime.

• babelsrus
    12 years ago

It has been an absolute pleasure to swap with Les. She is generous in her time and giving. From start to finish our transaction has been flawless. I so appreciate that she was willing to share her knowledge and took the time to answer my many questions.Thank you Les.God Bless

• annikasmommykate
    11 years ago

Awesome trade. Thanks a lot!

• poisondartfrog
    11 years ago

I had a nice fast trade with Les; would love to trade again sometime.
    Alana

• itzybitzy_gw
    11 years ago

What a pleasant person to trade with,great communication,lots of seeds,promptly,extras so looking forward to our next trade. Thank you,Les:o)

• momgardens1
    11 years ago

I recently did a trade with love2gardennc she offered an extremely generous trade and surprised me with HLLEBORE plants :) wow...can't wait to trade again :) great communication, fast shipping, and packaged /labeled very well !! One of the top people to trade with :)

• ashley05
    10 years ago

Les is one of the most generous people I have ever met. I posted a want list for Columbine and Hellebore to the seed exchange. She sent me an email offering fresh seed from both, as well as a couple of Hellebore seedlings for postage. She also offered anything else that I wanted off her list. When I opened the envelope, it was stuffed full of seeds, three hellebore seedlings, and a couple of bonus packs. I would not hesitate to to trade with Les again!

• daisy_lee
    10 years ago

I just had my first trade with Les and I am very pleased! She is very generous and has all of her seeds clearly labeled. It was very nice corresponding with her too! Thanks so much Les and I hope we can trade again :)

Carol

9 years ago

Posted by vaflowernut 6 southwest Va (pcbt07@centurylink.net) on
    Sat, Jun 21, 14 at 10:29

Les is great. She sent plenty of clean seeds of each kind. I recommend trading with her. Thanks Les

(copied from another thread)

• jensyen ( z7 MD )
    8 years ago

Great trade with Les. Friendly emails, generous, well packaged seeds. I would gladly trade with again.

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz