Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
medontdo

healing32eire-positive++

medontdo
16 years ago

i had to post this off of the other one cuz i got mine and she was very fast, very great conversationalist, very informative!! she let me know when she sent my seeds, and when she recieved the ones i sent her. i would trade again in a heart beat!! thanks erin your so awesome!! :'))

Comments (16)

• karyn1
    16 years ago

I guess you were lucky. The last I heard was that she loved the seeds I send which included some rare varieties and would be sending mine soon. I'm still waiting and she won't even respond to my emails.
    Karyn

• PRO
    WildThings Rescue Nursery
    16 years ago

I wasn't so lucky, either Karyn.

A large box, full of PLANTS that I was duped out of.
    Cost me some $$ in postage, besides just the value of the plants.
    She won't answer my emails either.

I figured I'd just "Suck it Up" and move on.
    Just hate to see anyone ELSE get taken.

• jeffrey_gardener
    16 years ago

Had the same experience as thosedarnsqurls (above). Shipped her two big cartons of plants only to have her pull her name and id off of Garden Web without shipping any of what she had promised. She is the kind who will likely be back under another identity.

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    16 years ago

only to have her pull her name and id off of Garden Web

and

She is the kind who will likely be back under another identity.

Her member page does not turn up on a member page search, but it is still there. I did a search of her name on all forums, and then went to a thread where she posted, and followed the link to her member page. It seems the search feature still has some snakoos in it.

I'm don't mean to highjack this thread or turn it into a 'chat' which 'could get part of it deleted.

What state is she in please, since she did not list it on her member page?
    Sue...rbb

Here is a link that might be useful: healing32eire member page

• PRO
    16 years ago

Sue,
    The ever honest and "Honourable" Erin lives in Tuscola IL.

READ her member page. It's a real hoot.
    According to Erin,..Sharing is the most important part of gardening. (Hmm,..Come to think of it, to her?,....I'm sure it IS!)
    Oh, and let's not forget the "Honoure". (HER spelling not mine.)

• medontdo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

maybe its only seeds she can share?? i didn't have a problem, i was very lucky, don't know why, but i'm sooo glad! i'm so sorry that you guys got taken! i know how that feels, not in the quantity you guys did, but for funds it was surely alot!

• karyn1
    16 years ago

Mine was a seed trade as well and I never received what was promised. I'm really glad it wasn't plants. We emailed back and forth and she seemed knowledgeable and interesting. I was really looking forward to the trade. I sent some uncommon varieties and was expecting the same in return. Oh well. Thankfully the vast majority of GW traders are great.
    Karyn

• eclpsprinc
    16 years ago

Her yard must be beautiful :) She dupped me too, guys (plants & seeds). Beware of this one... she's a very crooked trader.

• diene
    16 years ago

I have had no experience with this woman to my knowledge but I am always suspicious of a new member with trade list similar to hers. If you are a gardener, you would have found this site a long time ago. This person probably had several names prior as she specifically mentions a belief in the "honour" system. If you really were new to this site you would not even know that was a problem. Food for thought and future trades. diene

• graanieb
    16 years ago

Hi Diene, understand about our suspicions, just in this instance, if she has had a gardening business, surely she must've had many seeds.
    I've had tons of plants and seeds long before I even knew about computer, lol
    Glad to have found this hobby.

GaanieB

• karyn1
    16 years ago

I received an email from Erinn's son today. Evidently she was seriously injured when she was hit by a drunk driver in January. He said that all her trades would be fufilled. I told him that I didn't think the seeds and plants were that important and that his mother should concentrate on her recovery. I also explained why many of us assumed that we'd been scammed.
    Karyn

• eclpsprinc
    16 years ago

I received an email, as well. However, she received my end of the trade more than 1 month prior to her accident. Never the less, I hope she recovers well.

• PRO
    16 years ago

I, too, got the email from her son.

Of course we all wish her speedy recovery.

But as far as the "trade" is concerned, I too, had sent her the box of plants in the first week of December. The accident was well over a month later.

I also told her son to keep the plants. I just want to move on. I just want spring to come.

• medontdo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

i just got my trade form a lady, it took well over a month. she has a very busy life. i know that erin has a practice. so that can be very busy too. point is. we all get very busy from time to time. and get very behind. Lord knows i do. and i don't even have an outside job. thank goodness tabor reminds me about the things i need to get out!! and email!! LoL and i truely do understand ya'lls point.

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    14 years ago

The mixed reviews on this member... One positive for seeds and THREE negatives for PLANTS and seeds is why there should never be anything but the members name in the Subject of Posting Line when a new review thread is started. Only the first review for seeds was actually positive++ it seems.

This member has now returned under a New Member Name of 'purpleflora'....Erin from IL. She does not fill in her location (state abbreviation) in the garden zone box so no one knows where she is located before responding to trade offers. That sends up red flags right there with me.

Other reviews for her can be found at the link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: healing32eire~NEGATIVE...aka purpleflora

• claysoil
    14 years ago

If she is an honest trader....
    *why did she change her user name?
    *why did she set up another member page?
    *why is she arranging trades with new people before fulfilling her obligations to others?

She just set up a big trade with me. We were supposed to mail our boxes yesterday. I emailed her to say I had complications and would send mine on Tuesday (it was packed and ready to go), but Monday evening I found out about her double identity. If her end arrives, I will send mine out. I would not in good conscience arrange a trade with someone who owes things to others.

If you do a search for purpleflora you can see that she is offering trades to other people as well. I know this is the same person because I contacted people that Erin from Illinios owes plants to and each of them confirmed the shipping address.

Sponsored
Art Masonry Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars132 Reviews
Loudon County's Hardscape and Landscape Expert in Outdoor Living