Return to the Rate & Review Exchanges Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Don/Dustin Dashiell

Posted by kwyet1 z6 CT (kwyet1@hotmail.com) on
Sat, Feb 20, 10 at 8:34

Looks like I got duped!! I agreed to a trade and he said his end was 'in the mail'....so I sent my end. I have tried to email him...but he doesn't respond. I hadn't realized that he didn't respond to my post, but instead sent me an 'unsolicited' personal email. Oh well...I'll know better next time.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Don/Dustin Dashiell

Do you know the Member name so the member can be found via a search here?

Per The Forum Instructions:
To ensure the safety of our members, please use membernames only -- do not reveal personal information -- such as last names -- without the member's permission.

GW may likely pull this post due to too much info. If you know the Member Name, why not start a new thread if there is no existing thread, with the Member Name in the Subject of Posting line, state the facts (seed trade? plant trade? cutting trade? time period?) and maybe include his state?

Yes, is often best to require members to post to your thread. Often if there is a 'shifty' trader that responds, others can and will alert you. If it is an unsolicited email, and there are no positive reviews, it would be best to have them mail first if you do choose to do a trade.

o

I researched GW under the name & email address and couldn't find a 'member'....so maybe it's just an 'outside' person reading the postings then emailing the 'poster' directly. Live and learn.
Linda

o

kwyet1 - You are not alone. I also sent seeds to this person. He initiated a trade, responding to my post via email. Member name is 'grampyb' or 'grampyd', I had looked at his member page and noticed he had signed up the same day he had emailed me. I cannot find his member page now. He responded to my first emails, but I have not heard from him since I sent my seeds. I was trying to give him to benefit of the doubt, thought maybe something had come up, but now that I see your post, maybe we were both duped. Like you said, live and learn. This was my first private trade, probably my last.
~ Tracy

o

Found the member page. 'Grampyd'

Has responded to several SASE offers.

o

Tracy,
It's too bad.....I myself have emailed someone (without responding to a post) to ask about seed that they had...and I have had good trades with people who have simply emailed me..so it's sad to think that I have to check & double-check everyone out 1st. I do check the 'rate and review' but if I can't find a name listed, I hate to 'assume' that I can't trade with them. Thanks for the member name.
Linda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rate & Review Exchanges Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here