Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chemocurl

Hibiscusfan

Posted by daylilyfanatic4 z6NY (My Page) on

Fri, Feb 27, 09 at 13:14

Hi, I searched and searched but I can not find any reviews for hibiscus fan. Her seeds arrived quickly and were well packed. I would not hesitate to recommend her to any future traders.

copied from another thread

Comments (36)

• rlover1
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Very pleasurable trading with hibiscusfan. Still smiling.
    Judy

• ginabean
    15 years ago

Suzanne negotiated with me to settle on a mutually agreeable trade and sent the seeds promptly, well packaged and labelled. Would trade again.

• prayerrock
    14 years ago

Perfect trade and a very nice person...thank you..would trade with again was very pleasureable.

Mary

• flowersareforme
    14 years ago

Thanks Suzanne for our trade great trader!

• christinmk z5b eastern WA
    13 years ago

Suzanne is a lovely trader! I traded with hibiscusfan last year and just completed another one with her this week. Both times she was extremely generous with amounts and also included a TON of wonderful extras in this second trade. Would not hesitate to trade with hibiscusfan again.
    Thank you Suzanne!
    CMK (Christin)

• katmatney
    13 years ago

Just completed a trade with Suzanne and it was great. No problems on either end. Generous amounts and fast shipping. An AAA+++ gardenweb member.

Kathy

• nuttnhunee
    13 years ago

I had a wonderful trade with hibiscusfan. She was very generous with lots of extras. Thank you.

• pumkingal
    13 years ago

Just had a wish list surprise from hibiscus she sent me bunny tails,,gaillardia burgundy,, very nice surprise thank you, Lisa

• perkybarb
    13 years ago

Received a great card and a generous amount of seeds from Hibiscusfan on 12/9/10. Thanks so much.

• Margie Crawford
    12 years ago

Just completed a great trade with Suzanne. She is friendly and sent a generous amount of seeds and thoughtful extras. Would be happy to trade again! Margie

• duane456
    12 years ago

Received Suzanne's seeds today. Very prompt. Nice packaging. Good communication. Great trade. What more can I say?
    Duane

• christinmk z5b eastern WA
    12 years ago

My third trade with Suzanne. Very reliable and good trader!
    Thanks much!
    CMK (Christin)

• dem_pa
    12 years ago

I recently received scabiosa mix, echinacea sunshine, and penstemon pinacolata seeds in the Secret Santa swap. Thanks so much.

Don

• NancyPlants
    12 years ago

I just received a card from Suzanne as part of the Secret Santa Seed Swap. The seeds were safely packaged and the card was lovely.
    Thanks Suzanne for wonderful seeds and cheerful greetings :)

• Margie Crawford
    12 years ago

Thank you for the nice card and seeds in the secret santa swap! Margie

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    12 years ago

Suzanne sent me a nice xmas card and shared her seeds with me in the secret sants swap.

Thanks again

Lisa

• flowergirl34
    12 years ago

I just wanted to thank Suzanne for my wonderful FOTESS: FEB: Baggin' Up the Blues package. Everything was so thoughtful. I just love all the seeds and even my bookcover, lol!

2 THUMBS WAY UP :D
    vina

• cashclan
    11 years ago

Just completed a WONDERFUL trade with Suzanne. She sent me some wonderful cuttings I have been wanting FOREVER and...Topped the package off with a TON of surprise seeds. Hip HIp Hooray!!!! I'm doing the Happy Dance today!!!

• sjackwheat
    11 years ago

Just finished a trade with Suzanne and she sent me a bunch of nice Iris that I have been trying to get and also included some extra that I didn't have. Would love to trade with again.....Thanks Suzanne

• linlily
    11 years ago

I just finished a trade with Suzanne. She sent my irises promptly and securely packaged. I would definitely trade with her again anytime. Thank you Suzanne for the great trade!
    Linda - Linlily @ Gardenweb

• alwaysagarden
    11 years ago

Big thank you to Suzanne for the beautiful "hand made card" and wonderful seeds sent in Secret Santa Swap!!

Cindy

• chefconnie
    11 years ago

Thank you so much for the lovely card and the seeds you sent me through the SSS exchange. Thank you for blessing my garden this coming spring.

• sandysoil_2008 6A Near Boston
    11 years ago

Suzanne sent me R. Indian Summer and My Castle lupine that were on my Secret Santa wish list. Thank you!

• katkni
    11 years ago

Great seeds and a fun Christmas card from hibiscus fan in the Secret Santa Swap - I got exactly what I wanted from my wish list :) Thanks!

• xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
    11 years ago

Participated in the What's Left On My Want List swap and received several varieties of flower seeds I asked for from her. Packaged the seeds wonderfully. Generous with the number of seeds. Very happy in every way.
    Heidi (xiangirl)

• muneca_fl
    11 years ago

I just got my seeds from hibiscusfan. She sent me a generous amount of seeds and thoughtful extras. She prepared very beautiful homemade envelopes for the seeds. Thanks for the great trade!

• flowergirl34
    10 years ago

I wanted to thank Suzanne for being a terrific swapper in the Make New Friends August: Iris', Hosta and Daylilies OH MY Swap 2013.

It made my job as hostessing so much easier. THANK YOU SUZANNE!

Happy Blooms!
    vina

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    10 years ago

I hate to do this but I feel that I should warn all of the other great and fair traders of the garden web about Suzannes devious seed trading habits.

As some of you know, I host a Commercial seed swap each year. This swap was started by flwers4ever but I have been hosting it for 3 or 4 years now.

All of the seeds that come into the swap are, of course supposed to be commercial seed.

I have suspected in past years that Suzanne has been sending in seeds that are garden collected. I had noticed that sometimes where she said she purchased the seeds didn't even carry that seed that year or there were tiny bits of chaffe in the packaging. I always thought, "it couldn't be", it must be a mistake in her packaging and passed the seeds along to the other players in the swap.

This year, through a series of odd events. I noticed that one of the packets sent in by Suzanne had two different handwritings. The first was one that I recognized due to having dozens of traded packets from her was gw member Sandygarden. I checked it against several packets from Sandy that I had here and then emailed Sandy to confirm that it was in fact her writing. I WAS FLOORED when I got her response. It is posted below with her permission"it's actually the second email because I asked her twice>

----Original Message-----
    To: Lisa
    Sent: Thu, Feb 20, 2014 9:47 am
    Subject: Re: columbine seeds @aol.com>

Beleive me it's my handwriting.

Sandy then told me that she keeps very detailed records of seeds sent out so that she doesn't send players duplicate seeds in the many swaps she plays in [how sweet ]. The only swap these seeds were sent out in was the winterswap 2012 which Suzanne played in as well. I finally was able to call Suzanne out on her bad seed trading habits.

I emailed Suzanne to express how upset I was with her deception and to let her know ALL her seeds would be returned to her. I have yet to hear back from her.

I've added a pic of two packets of seeds, I have a 3rd were Suzanne wrote columbine Mckanna giants and Swallowtail 2012 also.

The top packet that says echinacea is all Suzannes writing(for comparison), the bottom seed packet is Sandy's writing, well ,columbine mix and perennial is Sandys, Suzanne added in swallowtail 2012, made a second packet labeled columbine giants, packed them up and sent them off to me to be swapped for other players commercial seeds.

This is just wrong in every possible way and I felt the need to warn anyone who may consider trading with her in the future.

Lisa/ishare

March,1st......I have just been notified that Suzanne has come on to claim that the seeds she marked were commercial from another player in another swap, do you see anything that indicates they are commercial? I have an email from Suzanne stating that her swapped seeds got mixed up with her commercial seeds. She is grasping at straws now that she has been caught.

I DO NOT have any rule stating that you cannot send in seeds that were gifted/traded from another member.

2014 commercial seed swap rules are copied and pasted below.

o 2014 commercial seed swap.

clip this post email this post what is this?
    see most clipped and recent clippings

NEW! Edit Post

Posted by ishareflowers 6a. MA. (My Page) on Sat, Jan 4, 14 at 12:19

Welcome to the 2014 Commercial Seed Swap...Please read all the rules carefully as some have changed from last year. I know there are a lot of rules but it helps to make this a nice swap.
    Here are the rules:

1. COMMERCIAL SEEDS only (seeds that were purchased, not collected)

2. They must be seeds from 2012, 2013 or 2014

3. They cannot be dollar store type seeds (.29-.59.or .99 cent packages)

3a. There are no mixes allowed, zinnia, cosmos, bachelors buttons, marigolds and so on.....

4. In the original package is best but if that's not possible, please label where they were purchased, what year they are from and your screen name.

5..Please do not send seeds that are known to have a short shelf life.

5. There will be a 25 pack limit on VEGETABLE seeds this year. NO LIMIT ON FLOWER seeds. (I am doing this because I do not have a large personal stash of veggie seeds to fill in and make a great package for the veggie gardener)

6. No more than 3 packs of the same type of seed (please don't make 3 packets of the same seed with 5 seeds in each package) I have purchased seeds that come with only 10 seeds to a package and shared only 5 seeds of that, However, I have also had seeds sent in with 3 packages of 10 mixed marigold seeds. This is not fair.

7. If you send in all vegetable seeds, you will get back all vegetable seeds. I had a member send in all veggie seeds and request only flower seeds in return, this I cannot do. the same goes for flowers.

I mark what each member sent so if you send in 25 veggies and 10 flowers, you will get back 25 veggies and 10 flowers.

8. Seed amounts, this is always a challenge. If you ordered a package of seeds and it came with a thousand seeds, chances are it is meant to be planted in masses. Please keep that in mind when sending some to your fellow gardener.

8a. These are commercial seeds so know that you will not always get a full gw trade amount "25 seeds>. It could be you only get 5 seeds of a perennial geranium because it was purchased with 10 seeds to begin with.

9. I will be posting a separate thread titled Commercial seed swap wish lists only. I ask that you put your seed wish list here for easier matching up for me.

MAILING RULES:

Seeds must reach me by March,1st

Please put in a return mailing label along with your postage for the ride home.

Postage should be what it cost you to send plus a little extra. This can be cash or stamps. I prefer cash because I mail from the Post Office and can pay exact amount due. When I have stamps, I have to put an extra stamp on for .20 cents due. I don't like paying them extra....lol Any excess $$$ will be returned!

I do send seeds from my garden IF they are on your wish list. This is a gift and not counted towards my contribution to the swap.

I'm not sure why that copied that way but the thread may be seen by sarching for 2014 commercial seed swap.

She did email me a day or so after confronting her, here is what she said about the columbine seeds.

Lisa I am sorry but I did not try to deceive anyone some of my seed trades must have gotten mixed up. As to the Columbine seeds, they come back to me in my swap package. Just Keep the seeds for newbies, Keep themoney and I’m very hurt and out of here!

She emailed again the next day to say that she wanted all her seeds back (I was returning anyway

She offered receipts for the seeds that she told me got "mixed up" on Feb,24th. I have yet to see one.

TRADERS BEWARE!

This post was edited by ishareflowers on Sun, Mar 2, 14 at 8:25

• hibiscusfan -Northwest Ohio
    10 years ago

I e-mailed Lisa and gave her my apology that I did not realize we couldn't send in commercial seeds from another player so I re read her rules and that is stated. AAm truly sorry I missed it but rules are rules and I goofed. When Lisa emailed me she did not say what I did wrong just that I was a cheater and that I should confess. I didn't know what she wanted me to confess too.
    After receiving my package back from Lisa I know now what I did. The plastic bag that I put my commercial seeds in was one that I had saved. I save all my reusable seed bags to use over if needed and I can truthfully say that all the seeds I sent to Lisa were commercial.

This post was edited by hibiscusfan on Sat, Sep 13, 14 at 16:28

• colcol
    9 years ago

Participated in the 2014 Hosta, Iris, Daylily Swap and received a good well packaged box full from hibiscusfan. The starts were very strong and healthy and 2 extras were included! thank you!

• ruthz
    9 years ago

I just received my end of a trade from Suzanne and was very pleasantly surprised.
    She sent what we agreed on, plus a couple of other Iris that I liked. Package was shipped really fast and very well packaged.
    What a great trade.
    Thank you so much Suzanne.

• Phylis
    9 years ago

OMG, I had a totally uneven trade with Suzanne. Knowing that I'm a newbie she sent me many, many extras. It was like santa just dropped off a Giant Gift Bag down my chimney. Suzanne had sent me the most amazing package, in it many cute envelopes and lots of lots of seeds.

Thank you Santa Suzanne. For your generous heart and kindness. I can't wait to plant them in the spring. :)

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Posted by farmer_rons_patch NY Zone 6 (My Page) on
    Sat, Nov 29, 14 at 7:58

I received a wonderful trade from hibiscusfan (Sue) and would gladly trade again!

Farmer Ron:)

(copied from another thread)

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Posted by bluee19 9 (My Page) on
    Sun, Dec 28, 14 at 0:55

Hisbiscusfan (Suzanne) sent me a lovely birthday card with daylily returns and papaver variety seeds for the OBF Swap. Thank you for remembering and sharing your seeds.

(copied from another thread)

• Phylis
    8 years ago

Received a big box of bulbs galore from Suzanne. It was supposed to be a small plant trade. OMG, mind blown! Thanks again Suzanne for your super generosity.

• Galen xoxox
    7 years ago

Great trade with hibiscusfan! I received a beautiful card loaded with poppy, scabiosa, and dahlia seeds (all from my wish list!). Thank you again! Looking forward to future trades :)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!