Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kwyet1

grampyd

kwyet1
14 years ago

Looks like I got duped!! I agreed to a trade and sent my end and he said his end was 'in the mail'. I have tried to email him...but he doesn't respond. I hadn't realized that he didn't respond to my post, but instead sent me an 'unsolicited' personal email. Oh well...I'll know better next time.

Linda

Comments (25)

• christine97
    14 years ago

I checked before I sent out the seeds on the 9th, but you hadn't posted this yet. I haven't received any communication from him either in regards to the seeds that I mailed out and nothing in return.
    Christine

• joy_unspeakable
    14 years ago

I also had no further communication with him after sending my seeds. No return seeds, no return emails.
    ~ Tracy

• wayright
    14 years ago

Ditto, No email response or the veggies he promised.No biggie here,.Live and learn I guess, One bad trade of many good ones.

• linlily
    14 years ago

Me too. DON contacted me, asking if I would trade: "Im looking for anything interesting really just trying to expand my garden, If theres anything I have that youd like Id take any fair trade. thx

I have a lot of seeds and can easily share with someone who needs them. So, I sent out 10 packets and only asked for 3 things in return.

I just noticed that he just joined Gardenweb the first week of February. I guess I should have been more careful.

Now, no seeds and no response to my emails. Looks like he used us all to expand his garden. How disappointing. Shame on him.

• lagataverde
    14 years ago

I sent him a lot of seeds...looks like he got me too :(

• wekamoke
    14 years ago

He got me too.

Here his adress if anybody lives near there and wants to go .....i dont know what i would suggest.

Maybe pick all the veggies while hes not home or salt his earth or something.

don dashiell
    35327 hamilton
    brookshire tx 77423

I know this innapropriate but hes a big jerk.
    any way

• greenjeans80
    14 years ago

Hi everyone-

Guess I was lucky- he asked to trade but then stopped responding to my email- before the trade was arranged!

• jaynine
    14 years ago

Same here. I told him I wasn't trading but would send him whatever he wanted for postage--he never responded.

• mrs.b_in_wy
    14 years ago

Same as jaynine reported. I received this message out of nowhere:

"Hi, I would love to make a trade with you, check out my trade list and see if theres anything youd like. thx"

I welcomed him to Garden Web, told him I regretted my garden is already full but added:

"Anyway, if you'd like to take another look at my list and let me know if there are things on it you'd like, I'd be happy to send them to you for the postage."

I never heard another word, though I saw him responding to other members' seed offers. Too bad.

• barbe_wa
    14 years ago

Well, I'm another one who got burned by this bum. At least I didn't send him a lot of seeds, just a few of broccoli, but I am out the postage. That'll teach me to check this forum before trading, I guess. We just get so accustomed to the innate honesty of gardeners that we are easily duped.

• atticville
    14 years ago

Add me to the burn list! It was my first trade and I sent him alot! PS, He lied about his name, His real name is Dustin Dashiell, Not Don!!

• christinmk z5b eastern WA
    14 years ago

Me too. I traded very common stuff, but still it is very disheartening. :-( Bad trader.
    CMK

• wilcinbro1
    14 years ago

Beware!! I didn't receive my end of the trade and received no response from him. So, I checked here and lo and behold, surprise, here is a thread. It wasn't a big trade and one burn out of soooo many good trades. But, shame on him anyway!!
    Watch out for this traders name and address so you don't trade with it in the future.

• doku
    14 years ago

Add me to the burned list as well!!!

I had a trade with him in February & have not heard a peep from him.

I sent him:

Adzuki Beans
    Tropeana Tonda Onion
    Dorata Di Parma Onion
    Stowell's Evergreen Corn
    Sword Lettuce/Yu Mai Tsai
    Mitsuba
    Purple Bee Balm
    Korean Mint/Perilla/Korean Shiso
    Mixed Poppies
    Yellow Datura
    White Moonvine

:/ Very disappointed! If I lived near Houston, I'd go to the bum's house & get everyone's seeds & mail them back. LOL :)

But yep, definitely watch out for this bozo.

• nicolita
    14 years ago

Add me to the list too! The first time I've been burned like this!
    May his garden be filled with hemlock, poison ivy, and sow thistles!

• doku
    14 years ago

Just in case your email provider doesn't display people's screen names in their emails to you, grampyd's email is: funkbot69@yahoo.com.

BEWARE!!!!

• dizzy45
    14 years ago

I did look to see if anything was said about this supposed trader but nothing was posted at that time of the trade . Yes same guy and same address as above and same line.

DON contacted me, asking if I would trade: "Im looking for anything interesting really just trying to expand my garden, If theres anything I have that youd like Id take any fair trade. thx Then he emailed back and said he wanted my MG's.

I only sent him 3 small packs of Morning Glories but I sent him a email to tell him I had sent mine out but no response had a bad feeling then and then I emailed yet again and nothing then I went through here to post an email yet again. I will be notifying other ttrade groups as well that I deal with.

Hey Don your a First Class Jerk! Your end of the seed bargain was for my handicapped daughters garden she can't walk so, I sure hope your proud, What you were suppose to send was
    Ipomoea Mixed
    Black MG
    Cardinal Climber
    Dancey Clementine

Remember me Now!!
    Dizzy45
    or
    Dizzy45vines@aol.com

• auntyara
    14 years ago

Add me to the list.
    I sent a very generous newbie package to the jerk a couple weeks ago. Hope he gets crab grass! lol
    :) Laura

• kwyet1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

WOW!!! Looks like Don/Dan Grampyd is gonna' have a bee-u-tiful yard this year!!
    Dizzy45vines: I still have some pink & blue MG mix left if you still need it for your daughter's garden. Email me if you would like it. kwyet1@hotmail.com
    Linda

• graanieb
    14 years ago

Since he never responded, at least he didn't make empty promises, may be something went wrong in his life?

Before anyone checks his address, I'd check to see if he's allright.

If I ever stop responding emails, hope noone rushes to post my address ( and name Bea isn't my real name but have been given it 45 years ago ).

Just hard to believe a seed thief would take what he wanted and never to be seen again, plants may be.
    However , if he did, as Bea Arthur's Maude would say:
    God will get you for this!

GB Bea
    festina lente/make haste slowly--my long time saying.

• joy_unspeakable
    14 years ago

Bea -

I try to find the best in people, I really do, but I think this guy took us all for a ride. I was along with some of the first trades initiated by this guy, and he emailed plenty of people AFTER receiving my follow up emails. And same line to almost everyone, 'The seeds are in the mail'.

(I even checked Texas obituaries after not receiving my seeds - you never know).

I don't understand it either. Do people get a thrill robbing people of seeds and postage. The only two trades I've done on this site both went south, and I come home last Tuesday to some guy stealing mowing equipment out of my carport. Getting harder and harder to find the best in people.

~ Tracy

• graanieb
    14 years ago

Tracy,
    Yes it is getting harder for people to manage, sorry you got robbed and everyone here too ( there were a very few miserables over the last decade , been fooled twice) but you still never can be sure what really happened, may be they went to the hospital, don't know, when someone is new we doubt more, like we all know, get to know them before you trust them.
    Good thing none of us sent plants.

take care

Bea

• nelkna2009
    13 years ago

Ha Ha ...he took me too . Sent him only one plant so not a biggie ...Doesn't respond to e-mails anymore, and I haven't received my end of the trade so far...whatever ...Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

• amandapanda920
    13 years ago

Hi Everyone!
    I am also a victim of grampyd and his email scam. Unfortunately, I also sent him alot of seeds that I could have traded to someone else. Im glad that I saw this thread. Its really too bad...
    Amanda

• scottrell
    13 years ago

Hello,
    Just thought I'd give everyone a heads up. I received an e-mail from grampyd today looking for a trade. So it seems he is well. Needless to say I will not be trading with him. Thanks to everyone for the reports.

Sponsored