Return to the Rate & Review Exchanges Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RetiredFlorida

Posted by kayjones FL8b (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 7, 13 at 21:45

This person and I just completed a wonderful trade. He sent very nice plants and I want him to know: I'll trade with him ANY time!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RetiredFlorida

Other reviews for this member can be found at the link below to the original review thread.

Please post future reviews to the link below. Thank you

Here is a link that might be useful: Original thread

o

Sue, there is NO WAY to know if something has been posted for a particular member clear back in January. I will continue to post as I did and you can do whatever you need to do.

o

Hi Kayjones,

There is a way to search 'just this forum' for an 'original review thread' for a member and there are 2 ways to get to the 'one' appropriate search box.
Once can scroll down below the list of threads here on page one of Rate and Review and use the search box found there. Just fill in the member's name and use the default search of "This Forum". That will bring up all of their posts, as well as a review thread with the member name in the Subject of posting line.

A search of 'this from' for RetiredFlorida from that search brings up 'these threads'. If there is a review thread for a member, it is usually the first one in the results since the name is in the Subject of posting line.

Doing a search for a review thread for kayjones, as I described above, brings up all of your posts here on this forum with your review thread at the top.

The second way to get to the 'appropriate' search box is via the hyperlink in the blurb at the top of page one here at Rate and Review.

it says... To create the best user experience, please keep all reviews for a particular member in one thread and before posting a new thread, use the forum's search feature to see if one has already been started. If you click on that pinkish/purple search there, it will take you down to the search box that can search 'just this forum'....next to Today's Birthdays logo.

I've suggested and asked that the 'forum' search box be placed at the top of the forum, or else the other search boxes be removed since they are confusing since they yield results for all of Garden Web. Since they have made so many nice changes to the site recently, after years of being fairly stagnant, I'm still hoping that some time in the future things will be clearer here at R and R.

I've read complaints and suggestions by others about the GW search feature and think GWtamara posted that it was being given consideration (which I hope means that they are working on it...lol).

Well I've had nearly a pot of coffee so far waiting for things to warm up a bit outside.soooo.....

Coffee

Happy Gardening and Trading!

Sue

Smiley waving

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rate & Review Exchanges Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here