Return to the Rate & Review Exchanges Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
sassybutterfly_2008

Posted by kate151 KY 6 (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 4, 08 at 20:47

I had a great trade with sassybutterfly_2008. She is very friendly and was very quick about sending out the seeds. Would definitely trade with her again!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: sassybutterfly_2008

Very pleased with trade, would trade with her again.
Carol

o

• Posted by dorisl 5 NW Chicago burbs (My Page) on
    Sun, Apr 6, 08 at 21:06

Great trade Wendy!

:)

We're digging the canterbury bells!

o

I just did a SASBE for Wendy and she was prompt and perfect in every way! :)

o

She's a great trader. Thanks again. :)

o

I too just did a BEAP(bubble envy and postage) for Wendy. She was prompt and perfect in every way. Though she is a noob of less than one month at GW, I see she is going to be a wonderful trader, and member in lots of ways.

Sue...an enabler

o

Just got my coleus seeds from the trade arranged with Wendy. She sent them very quickly, and I am happy to have to them. I would trade again in a heart beat. Thanks Wendy!!!

o

Really enjoyed trading with her!
kasha77

o

We just completed a trade and she was fast and generous. I also enjoyed the friendly emails. Would trade with her anytime. Darla

o

I also did a BEAP/SASBE that Wendy responded to, and she was great! Her e-mails were polite and friendly, and she responded promptly to mine.
She also sent her bubble envelope very quickly, with everything requested. Couldn't have asked for more! I would definitely be willing to trade with her in the future. :-)
--Amy (amyinmo)

o

Wendy sent a great package in an RR swap. She did go overboard, which is not a BAD thing! :O)
Super sweet gal...I would love to trade with her in the future!

Melissa

o

Wendy is an asset to GW. She responded to a SASBE freebie that I did. She was prompt in shipping and included all the information and supplies requested. She seems to be a "sweetie". Sonja

o

I just got another packet of seed traded with Wendy, and this time went just as lovely as the last. Thanks again Wendy!!!

o

Posted by flowers1 zone 7 (My Page) on
Mon, May 12, 08 at 21:02

She was great to trade with. Sent her email responses in a timely manner. Also, sent her seeds out in a timely manner, sent exactly what she was supposed to. I would definitely like to trade with her agian and would encourage others to trade with her as well.

copied from a second thread.

o

Excellent communication, and a very generous trader. Thank you!

o

Completed a wonderful trade with Wendy! I'm so excited about the Cleosia and Coleus she sent!

Thanks Wendy!

Kathy

o

I almost forgot to do this. Wendy is awesome! What a wonderful box she sent me! I was very happy and enjoyed our emails. Thanks sweetie!

You don't have to worry about this one:))

Sassy

o

Forgot to do this initially...

I did an SASBE for Wendy, one of my first things as a new GW member as well as hers. She was great with communication and sent me what I needed quickly.

Look forward to trading with her in the future!

o

Just received a box from Wendy, and all I can say is..... WOW! Thanks Wendy!

o

I was partners with Wendy and she sent me an awesome box with cool gifts and plants, that came from her heart :)
Wendy is very friendly and I enjoyed being her partner. Thank You :)

o

Hi - Had a nice trade. Thanks - tina_2

o

Just completed a wonderful trade with Wendy. Very pleasant. Would love to trade with her again.

Darlene

o

I was Wendy's partner in a recent swap and she was a great partner. She sent nice, large plants and some really cool bonuses - candles, plant sticks, hummingbird food, and the list goes on. I would definitely recommend her.

Becky
ramazz

o

Wendy replied to a Gerbera Daisy offer I posted, and sent her SASBE very quickly, as always her communication was terrific, and she is a delight to work with. Thanks again Wendy!!! Hope you enjoy the Daisy!!!

- Barb

o

Wendy replied to another offer I posted, and sent her SASBE very quickly this time too. Thanks again Wendy!!

-Barb (Orcascove)

o

I just had a very nice trade with Wendy for a larger seed trade. It took a while to get completed, but everything went very smoothly. Thanks, Wendy!
Sue

o

I just received an AWESOME box of goodies from Miss Wendy in the October MNF swap. She took alot of time & effort to make sure everything was perfect....even finding a very obscure plant that I'd been coveting for a LONG time!
Such a great lady to trade with! :O)

o

Great trader,would trade with her anytime

o

Traded w/in the spring! She's a wonderful trader. Sent seeds promptly! Just found the R&R forum. So sorry it took so long!

o

Got a great box from Wendy in a RR swap!
She's a very generous and sweet person!

o

She recently responded to a SASBE seed offer I had posted. She sent her SASBE quickly with the correct return postage. Will gladly trade with her in the future. Hope you have many blooms during the New Year!

Best to you,
quiltingfox

o

Yet another great trade with Wendy! She sent some unique seeds that I cant hardly wait to try. I look forward to another trade in the future. Darla

o

Started a seed trade with Wendy in late October-08. I sent her my seeds right away. I never heard from her after that, letting me know if she received the seeds or if mine were on the way. Emailed her a few weeks later letting her know I hadn't recieved my seeds yet, with no response from her. I then posted on GW (looking for her) thinking maybe something was wrong. I did find out her son was ill through another gardener and was very thankful to that gardener for letting me know this. She did respond to the post(but not my emails), promising she would email all the people she had open trades with that weekend. I never heard from her. On Dec. 14 Wendy did email me promising to send my seeds right out on Dec. 15th through the Post Office. I never recieved a thing. I've emailed her twice since telling her I never recieved the seeds. She has not responded at all. I have to post a negative for her because her communication in this trade was awful, and she never followed through with one of her promises. I've emailed her my address 3 times in case she lost it. 9 weeks later I still have no seeds. Wendy I don't like leaving bad reviews. If you send the seeds you promised I would gladly write a positive one for you.

Cindy

o

Thu, Jan 8, 09 at 8:42

Hi Wendy,

I just wanted to come here and write a note. We had a good trade in the spring and arranged a second in early summer. I wrote and let you know the seeds hadnt come and you said you knew that you mailed them. Well, I wrote you a few more times to let you know I hadnt received them. Once a week or so, If I recall correctly and you never responded. I felt bad because this was about the time your mom had gotten sick and I felt like a rat for bugging you about it. So I wrote one last email and told you that I was letting the trade go and not to worry about it. Which, again, you didnt respond too in any way. And then I saw how active had become in trading and RRs and stuff and started to feel resentful for being ignored. Now at the time when I wrote, I said I wouldnt give a bad review, so here I am writing it all up for everybody to read, I guess I sorta changed my mind about that. It makes me sad to see Cindy standing here alone with a problem when I know we had a problem also.

Now, I still dont really want the seeds and have deleted any records I had of the trade. I meant it when I said Id let it go, I just sorta hoped that Id heard from you some time in future or something.. ya know what I mean? Most people would have made some kind of contact, especially somebody as active as you are in trading and who appears to be a generally friendly person.....

I just want the record to show that Cindy's wasn't the first trade that got messed up.

o

I recently had a trade with Wendy and she sent her end quickly. I had no problem and would certainly trade with her in the future.
Karyn

o

Thu, Jan 8, 09 at 12:45

Fran, honey, its kinda rude to yell in all caps and its not nice to tell us to shut up, which Im paraphrasing from your thread. I did give her a break, I let the trade go. Both me and Cindy got our emails completely ignored and its been bugging me all this time. I sent her good wishes for her Mom and let the trade go. All I really wanted was a note saying, Hey sorry about that and thanks for letting the trade go. But we werent important enough for Wendy to respond to. She does have a good record for responding to the people that she likes and cares about. She obviously has time to post and trade and be nice to other people.

You cant blame us or yell at us or demean us for feeling bad and ignored and unappreciated.

Please dont make people feel bad for saying what happened to them.

o

oh my....well this has certainly gotten out of hand...

The issues are already being addressed there are pkgs going out WITH DC#'s!! to Doris and to Cindy. Along with personal notes to each of them, I don't think public domains are necessarily the place to carry on about people, this review forum is just to state the FACTS, nothing more, nothing less.

I am changing to a new email account that has a tracking feature so hotmail will no longer EAT or spam my important mail anymore.. even my fiancee's emails don't show up to me.. No more freecycle of 250+ emails to sort thru either!

I would also like to say that this past year has been truly difficult. Doris when our trade was trying to be worked out is when my mom passed away. Cindy when ours was going thru was when I had to move into my mom's house, go thru all her things, try to sleep in the same room my mom passed away in, then my son went into the hospital twice and we did not have any internet for over 2 1/2 wks due to the move. No sob story here.. just the facts. I tried to get GW friends to post a thread to let people know where I was and/or what was going on when I was unable to. In retrospect, perhaps I should have stepped away from GW and trading during that interim but I already had trades in the works, and quite frankly.. GW was the only place I had that I could go and try to escape all the emotional turmoil I was going thru. I have another person's word that actually went to the post office with me when I mailed to Cindy the 2nd time, and those seeds are now depleted from my stock, because they were mailed out. I really wish I had req'd a DC# at that time but I did not. Nevertheless in an effort to 'right' the situations, as I have never made it my intent to 'steal' seeds from anyone, as I stated above, new pkgs have gone out, DC#'s will be mailed to the appropriate individuals and I hope we can all move forward and put this situation behind us. I don't feel comfortable or happy to hear that people are angry or upset with me, and I do want to 'fix' whatever I can. I apologize this has gotten so utterly out of hand and am doing what I can on my end to right things.

Thanks for reading..
Wendy / sassybutterfly_2008

o

Thu, Jan 8, 09 at 18:51

I did receive your note Wendy and do feel it was sincere and do appreciate receiving it.

I posted my note because I know how uncomfortable it was for Cindy to post hers.

I do believe that it is important for people to feel safe posting facts here. Sometimes it is a VITAL alternative form of communication when Email and post office fail. In keeping with that, I do believe it is inappropriate for a third party to come and criticize somebody who is making an effort at communication.

o

Received a Birthday Cards and seeds from Wendy in the RR Birthday card exchange. Thanks You so Much.
Your Awesome! Dorothy

o

Tue, Jan 13, 09 at 15:04

Hi Wendy!
I got your package today. I gotta give ya props for recordkeeping. I had deleted all my records of the trade but you still knew what it was and had the address and everything--and it was like six months ago. Gotta bunch of surprises! I forgot that I wanted Statice, but not the Dahlias! Surprised (and happy--is that weird?) to find the hellebores made their way back home. I had DS'd a bunch and traded the rest away, so I had none to replace the ones I suspect got lost in the flood last fall. Im going to WS them TODAY and hope for the best. Its weird that all three trades I did for the Hellebores got complicated.

I agree about getting out of the freecycle spam thing or at least giving it its own account. And also agree about easing up on trading when things get nutty. I dont even trade on days I have to vacuumm (I get overwhelmed pretty easy).

We had a nice chat and this problem solved so lets move into the future and gets these seeds growing.

:)
D

o

YAY!!! Woo Hoo! :D

o

Received my wonderful little miracle treasure packages and I have to say, after all you've been through, I'm amazed you were able to recall what was supposed to be sent :) Hope 2009 is a better year for you and yours. I'm so looking forward to awaiting the tiny little casings coming to life.

Thank you for a great trade and I look forward to trading in the future :)

o

Hey there Wendy,
I recieved the seeds in the mail today, with a very nice card. I think that was sweet of you to do. I was also really thrilled with the extras you put in... must have peaked at my wants, lol, because I love them all. Can't wait to start winter sowing them! Hope we both have gorgeous gardens this coming Spring! : )

Cindy

o

I had a great trade with Wendy! Hope to trade again next winter.Wendy is very prompt with shipping.Thanks Wendy!
Happy gardening!

o

Wendy is a great trader and I would trade with her over and over again.

o

I had a wonderful trade with Wendy and will trade again anytime!!!

o

Traded with Wendy in the past. She is a great trader and very nice person.

o

Wendy thank you so much for sending me the strawberry spinach for my birthday it was something I REALLY wanted! Kim

o

Thanks for the nice trade. Great communication!

Carrie

o

Enjoyed trading with Wendy and appreciated the bonus. No problems.

Judy

o

I just finished a nice trade with Wendy and would trade again anytime.Thanks.Debbie

o

Wendy, thank you for sending me all of the awesome seeds from my want list in the Wow Thanks swap!! The necklace pods weren't on my list, but after I googled them I was soo glad you sent them my way!!! Thanks again!

o

Wendy sent me some Melampodium seeds in the Spring Me a Surprise robin. Thank you Wendy!
Alana

o

Wendy is wonderful! She was in the Tropical RR. She was so generous with her wonderful seeds. Thank you Wendy! Barb

o

I just had another great gardenweb experience with Wendy. Her communication is good, and things are sent my way promptly. I am always happy to share my garden with Wendy and will be looking forward to doing so again in the future.

Thanks Wendy!! Happy Gardening!!!

orcascove (Barb)

o

I sent Wendy plants for postage this spring. She was a delight to work with; great communication and she rounded up the postage.
Thanks for an excellent transaction Wendy!

o

Thank you wendy for my surprise wishes of bunny tails, gaillardia burgundy,, thanks again, Lisa

o

I just wanted to post here to thank Wendy again for making sure my seeds got to me in a round about way :)...THANKS SO MUCH for taking the time to check. Hope everything blooms well for you in 2011 and THANKS AGAIN!! vina

o

• Posted by debi Zones 4 (My Page) on
    Mon, Jan 31, 11 at 19:36

I just recieved my first trade from Wendy, all was proper packaging and I recieved to many of my wants, I an sooo eager for spring. She beat me I got her package first. Timely, great communicator, would certainly trade with her again,,,

Debi

o

thank you so much for the wonderful seeds! nicely packaged and very generous. bonus seeds too! thanks again! would love to trade again, any time :)

o

Wendy responded to my BEAP offer and as always sent her bubble envelope with everything needed inside, in plenty of time to get the seeds and, as always, let me know when she got the seeds.

We've done several BEAP/TRADEs over the last couple of years and they have always been wonderful experiences.

Fran

o

• Posted by ruthz DFW/TX (My Page) on
    Tue, Feb 15, 11 at 15:30

I just finished my first trade with Wendy.
Everything was great and I would be happy to trade with her anytime.

o

We had a nice trade; Wendy sent some very appreciated bonus seeds! Thanks.

o

Had a quick, friendly trade with Wendy. Great seeds, would be happy to trade again.

o

I had another great trade with Wendy! She is friendly and quick to respond to emails. Her seeds were nicely packaged and clearly labeled and I look forward to another trade with her! Thanks again Wendy!

Carol

o

Another super seed trade with Wendy! Always a pleasure! :) Happy Blooms! vina

o

SUPER generous trader!
Would trade again, anytime!
Many Thanks again, Wendy ;-)
Dawn

o

I traded with Wendy a couple months ago (before I knew there was a rating forum). She was really generous and helpful when I was just starting out. I would love to trade with her again any time. Thank you Wendy!

o

I feel the same as bizarrogir about trading with Wendy. She helped me figure out how to get started and I would trade again with her anytime!

o

Wendy was a thoughtful trade partner in the September MNF Swap. Thank you Wendy for your predictably active participation.
Alana

o

Wendy Is a DOLL,, we had a great trade and she even sent me new packages of seeds way up and beyond the call,, Thank you sassy,, wil so trade with you again,, was fun,,Lisa

o

Just finished a plant trade wih Wendy. Awesome trader and good friend. If you ever get the chance to trade with her do so you wont be dissappointed!!! Thanks Wendy
Sherri

o

Another fine trade......thanks!

o

I received a lovely Christmas Card and 2 kinds of Morning Glory seeds from Wendy. She unselfishly shared seeds with me in the Secret Santa Seed Swap this year.

Hope you have a great holiday season, Wendy!

o

Lovely card and 2 new lettuce varieties. Thanks so much. A

o

great trader in the secret santa exchange.

o

I received a beautiful card and seeds in the Secret Santa Swap. Thanks so much.

Don

o

One of 3 people that I regularly trade with!! Always generous, and always comes through with her end of the deal! LOVE TRADING WITH HER!!

Robert

o

Wendy, thanks for the cards and seeds for the Secret Santa Swap! Margie

o

Thanks, Wendy for being my secret santa and sending me a Christmas card with amazing seeds of Snapdragon 'Brighton Rock' and Joe Pye Weed. I have never seen those snapdragons, so am looking forward to them.

o

• Posted by ruthz DFW/TX (My Page) on
    Wed, Dec 21, 11 at 13:33

Wendy sent great seeds that were on my want list in the Secret Santa swap.
Thank you for sharing.

o

Thanks for sharing your seeds & greetings in the Secret Santa swap!

o

Wendy makes a great Secret Santa. I received a really cute card and Double Take cosmos.

Cosmos are one of my favorite flowers. Thank for you for thinking of me.

o

I want to thank Wendy for the card and seeds I received in the Secret Santa swap. Excellent. Margo

o

Wendy did an excellent job hosting the Winter Sow Swap. She thoughtfully packaged a wonderful selection of seeds for me, gleened from my want list. They arrived quickly as well. I would gladly join her Round Robin Swaps in the future.

o

Just got my big packet of seeds from the Winter Swap 2013 round robin trade. Wendy was amazing, and even included a fun little card and extra seeds. She worked really hard and I admire her efforts. I'd definitely trade with her again.

o

Very much enjoyed the process and results of my first Winterswap, with Wendy as host. Very friendly and communicative, and the swap went very smoothly! Thank you, Wendy--hope to do it again next year!

o

Wendy was great in hosting a Wintersowing Swap. You can tell she put in extra care and effort in matching up seeds with wants from our lists. Couldn't be happier with this trade and with how wonderful she was in making it all happen. You know that old saying about the post office "neither snow nor rain,,," well Wendy got it all done in one of the worst winters I can remember.

o

Wendy was a fantastic host for the winter swap 2013-14. So happy with the swap. She communicated and updated everyone in a timely manner. Overall, she was great in urging me to join the swap and I am so happy I did.

Thanks for all your effort! I hope you ended up with some gems Wendy! I know I did!

o

Wendy was a great host for the Winter Swap 2013-2014!! Was a great swap with great communication of rules and what was going on during the swap. She matched up alot of my wants and you can definitely see that extra care was put into it!! Thank you so much for hosting!! :)
~michael

o

Another nice Winterswap! Thanks Sassy, for hosting this one each year
Alana.

o

I also participated in the WinterSwap 2014. I could tell she very carefully went through my want lost and matched seeds to my tastes very well. I enjoyed this swap so much! Thank you!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rate & Review Exchanges Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here