Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hazelnutbunny

pamperedavonchefof3

hazelnutbunny
15 years ago

I was the hostess of the Petal Pusher round robin, in which Jamie had signed up. Her swap partner(s) had difficulty in contacting her, and after her initial posting, there was no further communication from her.

Because of such, I had to drop her from the PP swap.

I would suggest using caution when trading with her. Send your end of the swap ONLY after receiving hers.

This is not the only RR swap she's had trouble completing, so I feel it is necessary to let other GW members know about her behavior.

Melissa

Comments (6)

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

I had the same problem with Jamie as the host of the MNF: After Dark RR. Signed up, disappeared. When I emailed to ask if she was still interested, she affirmed that she was and sent me the needed info. Then disappeared again. Since the mail out date was a week ago and I have tried emailing her several times, as has the person she was supposed to send to, I have dropped her from this swap. Another member and I will be going together to send a box to the person she's suppose to mail to.

Along with the swap Melissa mentioned above, I know there is also yet another swap that she's done the same thing with. I would very much advise with either a private trade or a RR that you have her send first before mailing.

As Melissa said, I feel that the community needs to know about this pattern of behavior and disregard for the trust needed for trades and swaps. I feel that she took advantage of that trust, because I know due to delivery confirmation that she will be receiving the box that was to be sent to her in the After Dark RR early this next week. Unfortunately I was too late in contacting her sender to make other arrangements. Another member and I will be making this up to the person Jamie was suppose to have sent to, but I would advise caution very strongly for anyone considering a trade with her or for anyone who is hosting a swap or RR that she wants to sign up for.

Kathy

• plant-one-on-me
    15 years ago

I too, sadly to say, have had the same experience. Being new to GW and having organized my first swap I never thought anyone would not follow through with a kids swap. I guess I am an optimist and hope she had some problems at home and could not follow through. Unless I hear otherwise, I would not swap with her and if I did I would have to receive her end first! Thankfully a more experienced GWer knew what to do. Kim

• medontdo
    15 years ago

i hosted my first round robin (tulips found uranis fragrant) and she signed up, she was mia most of the time (we understood she was busy), and we could not get into touch with her, she did however finally send her end to her person. i only hope that all is alright with her, with all the sickness going on, it only takes a few to say hey, i'm sick and please drop me, unless something really awefull has happened. point is that as of now please get your end first if you trade.

• canyonwind
    14 years ago

Be aware...........

pamperedavonchefof3 is back on GW as ashcraftbunch

Annie

• jaleeisa
    14 years ago

Jamie has sent and I have received, the make up box for the MNF Group. The box was to clear her failure to send in the April 2008 After Dark swap which I hosted when she was using the ID pamperedevanchiefof3. That obligation has been cleared and she is now able to join MNF swaps within the conditions that were set for her by the MNF group.

Kathy

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

I was to be Jamie's "coach" in re-integrating her into the MNF group. We had a couple of lengthy chats online in which she promised to fulfill her end of a trade first for the next 4-out-of-6 months, stated that she wanted to desparately show that she'd changed her ways, and was willing to do whatever it took to obtain a good reputation here on the Garden Web. She then joined in on the June MNF swap, but went MIA after making a few posts and sending an e-mail to her swap partner, knowing that if she did not fulfill her obligations she would be banned from any further MNF swaps.
    She has not fulfilled her obligations, or e-mailed me letting me know why she was unable to do so, which she was supposed to do according to our agreement.
    I would not recommend trading with her for whatever reason, under any circumstances. She has shown herself to be completely un-trustworthy. Jamie has shown that the only thing she can be counted on to do is to break trust with anyone she trades with. If you trade with Jamie, do not plan on getting anything back from her.

Also, please be warned that Jamie has traded under various Garden Web names in her attempts to swindle her trading partners. Jamie has the following to say about herself...

"Hello I am a mom of 3 active children. We live in a small town. we are just starting off witht he gardening thing flowers have been with me since childhood. I have 3 huge beds started and1/2 acre garden. 2 full sun beds and one shade or1/2 shade. I grow anythig really as long as it is not too posionus for the kids or animals. we have dogs and birds we are looking for chicks and rabbits at the moment for the kids.. I think I want banny chickens. I love hummingbirds and birds in general but my DH tends to the feeders they kinda have became his thing. We are trying to attract differnt birds to view. I love daylilies and dahlias and would love to start peonies. I love roses they bring back fond memories of my great grandmother house in arkansas. Wish I could grow them any hints? Please feel free toa sk anything I don't mind. we are new so any advice is helpful..Happy Gardening:)

I live in: United States My zone is: 8

My birthday is on June 10."

If any of that sounds like the person you are thinking of trading with, either do not go through with the trade, or make sure she sends you her end of the trade first, and hope for the best.

-Dan