Return to the Rate & Review Exchanges Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
fastonetime aka Juan Martin

Posted by bigred z8 Ark. (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 7, 12 at 5:58

Once again I let my plant lust override my hard and fast rule NOT to trade w/ someone I didn't have a good trade history with or at least,they had at least 5 positive R&R.

Took about a week o firm up a trade with this person for some choice plant material. Mailed out my end of trade on May 29,2012 w/ confirmation. After 9 days of hearing nothing more...I emailed to inquire if they had received plants and when I could expect them to send their end only to receive curt email that their daughter had been diagnosed w/ asthma and they had dr. and medical bills to pay and being that their daughter was their main concern,wouldn't/couldn't afford to send their end. That's all well and good but since I am a retired person on a fixed income and a husband w/ medical problems,I can ill afford to ship something for nothing myself.

So I hope your daughter does well but I also hope I don't see you back on the boards trying to set up any more trades.

Juan Martin is not this person real name which should have set off more warning bells when I received email with yet another name.

Peggy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: fastonetime aka Juan Martin

Peggy, what is the name and address you used to MAIL these plants out? This is MAIL FRAUD and carries hefty penalties. Did you get a confirmation that it had been delivered to a real address? If so, get ahold of your State's Attorney and file a complaint. They can get at least your postage back.

o

Bigred,
This "trader" is still at it. Similar experience but only for cost of seeds in September. You are correct I thought it strange when a different name was sent for the mailing address. I added a note on post so others would be aware. There was no response to the email I sent in followup. Grateful for all the wonderful trades- and traders- that came before I encountered this person. Sorry.

o

greengirl...sorry to hear that. If I see her posting again,I will not hesitate to warn people on her post. Please let me know if you see her on here again.Is she still posting under fastonetime/Juan Martin or using another screen name?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rate & Review Exchanges Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here