Return to the Rate & Review Exchanges Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
mary_grether

Posted by cryptid Southern OR 7 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 18, 10 at 1:02

Today I received Mary's end of my first ever trade with her. The seeds arrived promptly and intact! Ol' Cryptid, here, is a happy camper! :) "Thanks, Mary! I look forward to trading with you again!"

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: mary_grether

Posted by hostarookie (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 21, 10 at 9:03

Just completed a trade with Mary... good communication and fast delivery. A great person to trade with! Em

(copied from another thread)

o

I received her trade yesterday, but was not happy at all. The
things I requested came in a plain envelope and it looks like
what I got was debris could not find any actual seeds, only flakes or very immature seeds. Very bummed about this trade.

o

Just finished a great trade with Mary. Seeds arrived very quickly. Looking forward to trading again!

o

I hate doing this, and I'm so sorry that I have to, but unfortunately I have to agree with charliez71 from above. I got my package of seeds from Mary today, and I have some issues with it.

Firstly, we agreed that she would send me pink columbine, orange cosmos, salvia, salvia subrotunda,and sunflowers. I got the columbine, cosmos, and sunflowers, but I didn't get any salvia, the seeds I wanted the most from her. She included a note in the bubble envelope that said she couldn't find any salvia; I would have liked to know that BEFORE I sent her the seeds she requested from me. She did replace the salvia with zinnias and rudbeckia, but she should have (1)checked to see if she had the seeds before agreeing to trade them, and (2)upon learning that she didn't have them, check with me to make sure I still wanted to trade (which I probably wouldn't have).

My second issue is that she sent the seeds in baggies stapled shut. They were poorly marked (with pen directly on the plastic). One of the baggies was not marked at all, and I had to resort to guessing what the seeds were by process of elimination. I had to transfer the seeds from her baggies into my mini ziploc bags, which took FOREVER. The way she sent the columbine seeds was a bit odd, and a bit disgusting. She sent the seeds on tape, as if she just poured some out on a table or something else and put tape down on them to pick them up. There was lots of hair and garbage along with the seeds. Needless to say, I had to promptly wash my hands after getting the seeds off.

She did use a bubble envelope to send the seeds, which was good. There were many seeds in the baggies and the package arrived promptly, two more pluses. Overall, however, I wasn't happy with the trade and, though I hate to say it, I probably won't trade with her again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rate & Review Exchanges Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here