Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flowersareforme

ptilda

flowersareforme
14 years ago

Just completed a trade with priscilla,She responded to my post,said she would send if I sent my address right away.So I sent plants out next day.I didnt get for a week later.She did send-so I am grateful for that.I didnt see any other reviews so I guess I am first.The plants where wilted and we have rain now so Hosta's will come back.

Would I trade again with her?Defently not.I emailed several times asking if she had sent and dc and she didnt respond,communcation was not there.

But if this means anything the plants where well labeled.2 good sized plants rest tiny plants.and she did send thank you for the trade.

Comments (7)

• pandora
    14 years ago

My trade with ptilda had very good communications, quick shipment, and excellent packing & labeling. She sent what was agreed upon.
    The plants were a bit dry and she said she had sent a previous trade a little too wet and must have overcompensated and offered to replace if they died.
    Hostas perk up right away.
    I think she is a new trader.

• ptilda
    14 years ago

RE: flowersareforme review. I sent plants AS SOON as I received her address, which was not until she gave me confirmation of her plants being sent on Monday, July 13, 2009. This was despite my ignored request for her address on July 6.

On July 16, I received the following email:
    "Priscilla your package arrived this afternoon Thank you.Robin"

Not a word about any wilted plants, and no complaints whatsoever. There is a single email that I did not respond to, since I received one almost identical to it at the same time (asking where the plants were, the same day they were received).

Upon reading this review, I forwarded the relevant emails to flowersareforme and asked why her review was dishonest and unfair. No response yet, but I just sent the emails. I will happily forward the email exchanges to anyone wanting the details.

• twin_too
    14 years ago

We traded a few weeks ago and everything went very nice. She sent hers first and was very patient as I ran into rain delays. The plants were nice sized and looked great when they arrived.

• ptilda
    14 years ago

Because I've been accused of trying to trade infected plants, let me clarify.

*I have had a case of HVX this year & have disposed of the plant, 18-inch diameter of dirt, and disinfected the tools & not used them for other plants.
    *My practice has always been to disinfect my tools, since I started gardening in the 80's.
    *None of my trades have shown any indication of being positive for HVX or any other diseases, either before my trades or when received.
    *I have notified EVERY person with whom I've traded, of the scare, to make them aware & have asked for them to be sure to let me know if there are any issues with their plants so that I can make it right.
    *All the plants that I have for trade are separate from where the infected plant was, and have had no contact with it.
    *Certain individuals have a personal grudge against me and insist on sending emails to everyone they see that I have any contact with, in order to spread vicious lies, and to keep me out of any swaps of any kind.

FOR THIS REASON, I will not be trading on GW at this time. If these people stop harassing me and those with whom I have contact, I might reconsider. I am sorry that this experience has turned out so messy.

• bernergarden
    14 years ago

This person contacted me to arrange a trade when she saw my posting on the Hosta Trade Forum. The communication was fine, but I was disappointed when I received her plants in the mail. She sent me Chartruse, Fortuni Albopicta, Lakeside Little Gem, Vanilla Cream, White Christmas and ZagerÂs White Edge. I tested all 6 of them using the HVX Test Strips from Agdia and two tested positive for HVX. She then posted publicly in the rate and review forum that I did not send her Hosta when in fact, I sent her Halcyon, Golden Tiara, Great Expectations, Blue Angel, June and Guacamole. The plants that I sent were purchased at Bluestone Perennials and were very healthy. She never contacted me to say that she did not receive the plants. Instead, she posted to this forum that I never sent them and tried to ruin my reputation.

• cinlo
    14 years ago

I didn't actually trade with ptilda. She read one of my posts on the Hosta forum and volunteered to share some Birchwood Parky's Gold with me. When I contacted her, she was very friendly and offered to send other perennials as well. I received a package within days, and it had a huge well packed clump of BPG as well as some 1-2 eyed divisions of Twist of Lime and Golden Tiara. She also included some fans of 2 different daylilies as well as a Siberian Iris. There was also a packet of poppy seeds that she shared. Everything was very well packaged and labeled. She was always very friendly and communicated with me often. I didn't have items to trade so I offered to send her a check for postage instead, which she was willing to do as long as I would pass on the favor as I acquired my collection! ; ) Of course, I'll be happy to do this for someone else someday when mine are more mature. So a big thank you to ptilda for her generosity!

• rosemctier
    13 years ago

After we arranged our trade, i sent plants and she acknowledged that she received them, but i never got any plants from her. I sent her several emails to which she responded that she had been unable to ship b/c of weather and school, but would 'soon.' eventually she stopped replying to my emails, i gave up trying, and i never received any plants.