Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sunflowerbee

Fuzzy57

sunflowerbee
9 years ago

Great trade with Fuzzy57, (Judy P. from MO), received my plants in the mail as she promised, Thank you!

& best of luck :)

Comments (22)

• ruth0552
    9 years ago

On July 26th I got an email saying she had received the plants from me, and would be shipping mine shortly. On July 29th I checked in with her and she said she was going to mail them that day. On August 4th I checked in again and she said they were going out on August 4th. I emailed her again on August 9th and 13th and have not heard back and have not gotten any plants.

• queen_gardener
    9 years ago

I am waiting on $ for an SASE before I send to her, still waiting for it . . . will update if this goes through.

• queen_gardener
    9 years ago

I keep getting Google+ and LinkedIn invites, yet no $ . . . what's up with that, Judy? I dug stuff up for you, and you need to send your SASE $ before I send out plants, I'm not getting scammed ever again!!!!! (I'm referring to "Ann Saunders" LoveMyDirt900 in KY who has people shipping to London and Barbourville and who stole from me a Med. sized Priority box full of plants and bulbs.)

This post was edited by Queen-Gardener on Sat, Nov 8, 14 at 20:05

• ladyrose65
    9 years ago

I just traded with Judy (Fuzzy57) it was a very good trade. She gave me more seeds than I can handle. I most appreciate it. She also gave bonuses. Would not mind trading with her next season.

Thank You Judy

• Jaime
    9 years ago

I did a trade for my hen and chicks for her seeds. She sent a large generous amount. Very easy quick communication. She even sent me pictures of some of the flowers she had grown. I would trade with her again.

• mersiepoo
    8 years ago

Apparently I got scammed from Fuzzy57 (she's in an apartment in MO). I sent her a lot of seeds and I got nothing in return. I sent her package out in APRIL, told her when I mailed it, and she kept stalling, first she said she would send them the first of the month (MAY) after she bought some stamps. Didn't hear anything, so I emailed her back. Then, she saying she would send it when it stopped raining. I guess it's constantly raining in MO because it's JUNE and I haven't gotten anything. I emailed her yesterday and have not gotten any response so I guess it's safe to say I've been had. I'm glad that I was told that this site has this place to rate members, though apparently reading this, she is inconsistent with trades.

• beth_b_kodiak
    8 years ago

Well, it does seem to keep raining here but??????

• mersiepoo
    8 years ago

Hey, better than drought, ha ha!

I noticed that the profiles who claimed to have a 'great trading' experience with her seem to not be very active on here, whereas the ones who got stiffed seem to be active. Curious, isn't it? Hmmmm.......maybe some 'fake good' ratings going on here. Just a thought.

• queen_gardener
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

I did eventually get a trade from her, and it was generous if I remember correctly, but it took forEVER and lots of hounding her with emails. I don't think she's consistent. She is in an apt in MO.

• ruth0552
    8 years ago

Well I never got anything but linked in invites. I do see her consistently posting on the plant exchange forum, offering all kinds of things. I'm always tempted to out her, but then decide that it would be childish and I should be the better (plantless) person.

• mersiepoo
    8 years ago

I will send an update, IF I ever get anything from her. I sent in my part of the deal Mid April and it's already June 12th and I haven't gotten anything yet. We shall see. I hate irresponsible people that don't hold up their end of the bargain, ignore emails completely and just don't care. Thankfully it seems to be fairly rare on here, thank God for this rating system. At least now I know to check here before doing a trade.

• beth_b_kodiak
    8 years ago

Just for some perspective;. The internet is not safe. This is part of the internet so.......
    In reality nothing and no place is as safe as we would like it to be. If you hang around here for long you will sooner or later have a bad ( or at least less than satisfactory) trade
    Some folks set out with the intent of cheating sometimes it happens for other reasons. In the past some nasty folks changed their names several times before other members became wary of the town or the zip code or the style of posting. Stay alert.
    So, keep your guard up but don't give up. You might try joining one or more of the established groups with rules to protect their members There are several seed trades each year where we send seeds to an experienced hostess who swaps them around and sends the fair # back to each player. These are safe though you may not get quite what you wanted. What you get back depends on what others send in.
    It's a bit like playing the lottery or even playing the stock market, Don't risk more than you are willing/able to loose
    Your odds of winning on here are good. Sorry you hit a bad one so early in the game.
    bb

• engrgirl
    8 years ago

Unfortunately I'll add to the "inconsistent" feedback on Fuzzy57. As a new GW person I jumped in and thought I'd send first since I understand that traders are hesitant with newbies until we've proven ourselves. I sent a medium sized flat rate box full of groundcover sedum - lots of it, in April. Fuzzy57 responded that she got it, then delays for some thing she was waiting for, then rain delays..... In any case nothing was ever sent to me in return, and no response to messages including one sent June 1. I'd like to think it's an honest "delay"' and hopefully she's ok and not sick or injured.... But in the meantime I'm bummed that it appears I'm out all the sedum AND the postage....

• frankielynnsie
    8 years ago

I did a spring bulbs for postage. Waited until I got the postage before sending and it came within a week with a few extra dollars for handling. Maybe wait for her to send first.

• irishdescended
    8 years ago

Wow, just got on here leaving a negative about Lisa Stevens and seen this post. Decided to read it. And guess what! I got scammed by her too! I just did not know how to go about finding her cause she emailed me directly. Then I seen the name Judy Pennington and that she lives in Missouri. I sent her 2 body and soul iris in exchange for chamapgne elegance iris. That I never got. I sent mine to her back in May. First said she could not send them cause they wernt done blooming. I contacted her again. Then she said she was held up from shipping from all of the rain. I contacted her again. Then she said she had been sick and send them out. That was back on June 7th.

• lady_alicia Zone 5/6 PA
    8 years ago

Yeah, but I bet she got yours planted that you sent her, along with mine and everyone else's despite the rain.....and being sick.....and whatever else she comes up with. Oh, and she still finds the time to get on here and ask for things. She's lurking about on the exchange sites, so watch out, folks!

I do understand that everyone gets sick and has things come up, we're human and it's a part of life, BUT you don't keep asking for things on here if you can't follow through with the first one......and then the second one....and so on and so forth. What a shame. Hopefully these posts will avoid anyone else getting scammed.

• mersiepoo
    8 years ago

Hey guess what. I actually got some seeds from the poor bed-ridden sick woman who doesn't have energy to go to the mail box (first because it's raining, before that she had to check her seed box, before that she had to buy stamps after she gets her paycheck- which delayed it two weeks of course, blah blah blah). So I actually GOT my seeds. A very tiny amount I must add, AND they are labeled as the wrong ones. She had also promised me seeds that she didn't include. As Lady Alicia pointed out, she sure does have energy to arrange 'trades', just no energy to honor her end of the bargain. Seems like people lost even more money than I did, that's terrible.

I wonder how many other people have been scammed by her and don't even know about this ratings page? I used to go on GW in 2000 and did a lot of trades, I got ripped off a few times but at least now you can let others know about scammers! Too bad the newbies don't know about it.

• irishdescended
    8 years ago

Sent her a email and told her to go look at the rate and review forum. This is the message she sent back to me. ( yes i know they are saying this as i got real sick and trying to get to
    feeling better and going to the doctor every 6 weeks until i get it
    straightened out but i cannot explain this to the i hope you understand i
    have not forgotten you ) So...... there you go.

• gagalzone8
    8 years ago

Waiting on some seeds...and shrub...like, March...

• irishdescended
    8 years ago

Ha! She strikes again!!!!

• gagalzone8
    8 years ago

I have to confess, I did have to delay a couple of times due to rain, then crazy hail storm..nutty spring weather this year. (had to dig bulbs and didn't want to ship sopping wet, the Ginger was fine wet) but I did stay in contact and the bulbs dried well enough in a day or two of sun. I always try to send packed goodies because I am so grateful when I get a good trade! I certainly do understand "stuff" coming up...boy, every time I turn around, it's something, but I stay in constant contact when it does!! (met some great people that way!!)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Remodeling & Handyman Services