Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crueltyfre

Taylor1952

crueltyfre
14 years ago

I got taken by Taylor1952. I offered an orchid for trade and he responded. In the next 10 days, we exchanged 52 emails (according to gmail) setting up the trade which continually expanded beyond the original orchid. On the day I sent out my package, the emails virtually stopped.

He didn't even bother to acknowledged receipt of my box. I had to email and ask if he got it. He replied that he did and that mine would be "going out soon."

Five days later I had no box or email from Taylor saying it was on it's way. I again emailed him and asked about it. He emailed back that it would go out the next day.

Five days after that I still had nothing. I again wrote Taylor and asked what was up. He did not bother to respond.

Three days after that I wrote him and asked straight out if I was being scammed. He did not bother to respond to that one either.

I am out three full size, blooming orchids and numerous cuttings. I could care less about the cuttings, but the orchids are a whole different matter. I am thankful that I could not get all that he requested into the box or I would have been out a lot of bromeliads as well.

Comments (5)

• stitzelweller
    14 years ago

losing orchids is bad.
    bromeliads, too?!

Whar's this feller at?

• crueltyfre
    Original Author
    14 years ago

The plot thickens. On the orchid forum, someone said they once got scammed out of a lot of orchids by a kid. So I did a search for Mr. Holzer on google and sure enough, up pops his MySpace page...he's 19, and his page's background is orchids!
    Knowing he lived in East Palestine, Oh, I then did a white page search and got his parents name and phone number. I called and left a message that there son was scamming people out of orchids and that he better send money or orchids or I was filing a mail fraud complaint. Sure hope the kid doesn't erase the message before his parents get it.

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    14 years ago

hmmm...in doing a search on his email address (he posts it everywhere it seems as well as giving his full name and age), he was 13 in 2008 when he posted to another site, and 14 in 2009 when he signed up at another site.

Sure hope the kid doesn't erase the message before his parents get it.
    Under the circumstances, I think I would call back until I got to speak to a parent and let them know what their child has been up to on the net.

Just my 2 cents...
    Sue

• crueltyfre
    Original Author
    14 years ago

This morning, after I did all that I did, I email little old Tyler this...

If you're going to scam people, you should be more intelligent and not send them your name and address. They can then look you up on your MySpace page as well as get Donna and Roberts name and phone number. They can then call them and tell them what you're up to. They can also use all this to fill out a Mail Fraud Form with the US. Postal Service, just like I did.

And within an hour guess who emailed me back saying he'd send my orchids? Ya think he's sweating now? Don't mess with the big girls, boy, we're smarter than you think.
    Lori

• crueltyfre
    Original Author
    14 years ago

further update-Taylor never sent a thing and his age kept changing. I finally called his home and talked to his grandfather, who he lives with. I asked how old he was and he is 14. I told him I had written off my orchids, but that he should be aware what Taylor is sending his name, address, photo's of his home, etc. all over the internet. He then told me Taylor has a form of autism. He told me he knew nothing about orchids so probably could not send me any, but would send a check and then make Taylor work it off. He did.
    Lori

Sponsored