Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
graanieb

Soilent_green

graanieb
13 years ago

Soilent-green, Tom, is rather new and a great addition to GW, we just completed a trade and he was generous and prompt.

Bea

Comments (44)

• ksseedling
    13 years ago

I just did a very large heirloom seed trade with Tom and am very pleased! Communication was the best, very knowledgeable and answered all my questions, I really enjoyed all the advice he had for me as well as all the seeds, smile. Defiantly would trade again! Erin

• kms4me
    13 years ago

Tom is a great trader, a good communicator, and very generous as well.

Kate

• carsons_mimi
    13 years ago

I just completed a trade with Tom and was extremely pleased with his knowledge of the varieties requested, his prompt shipment and the extremely generous amounts sent. If you get the oppotunity to trade with Tom, I would highly recommend him.

Thanks again!
    Lynn

• victoria_cpcrazy
    13 years ago

Tom is a great chap! Excellent trader, lightning fast shipping, extremely generous amounts. If you think you are being generous in your trade with him you better think again and send some more! I am looking forward to our next trade!
    Happy growing;
    Victoria

• celeegra
    13 years ago

I could spend hours looking at Tom's list. The trade was efficient and he was extremely generous. Quick shipping, neatly packaged. He gave me horseradish which nearly killed me from the heavenly scent when I opened the package. I am a very happy girl with very fragrant horseradish breath. Oh, we were originally trading for onions which I also got loads of.

• graanieb
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Victoria, you've said it well---If you think you are being generous in your trade-----Tom sends bunches and is so kind!

• gardengimp
    13 years ago

I've just concluded my first ever GW trade. Imagine my luck to chance upon Tom as my first trade victim. I was surprised to see that (newbie me) had something he wanted; and then when I saw his have to trade list I about swoooned. Tom was gracious enough to hand hold and educate a first time trader. And of course, prompt and generous.

Thanks Tom!

~dianne

• Iris ( ranegrow ) z7 Maryland
    13 years ago

Just finished a great trade with Tom who has one of the best trade lists on GW ! It was like Christmas had come early in my mailbox ! Thank you so much Tom !!

Iris

• molly_and_me
    13 years ago

I just finished a trade with Tom. He is an excellent communicator. The seeds arrived very quickly and they were packaged and labeled very well. He sent very generous amounts and also sent some extras that were on my wish list.

A great trade experience. I look forward to trading with him in the future.

Margaret

• daisy_lee
    13 years ago

I just had a very nice trade with Tom! He was very quick to respond to e-mails and sent a very generous trade of seeds. I would trade with him again!

Carol

• graanieb
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Had my day brighter yesterday, Tom had thought of sending me seeds I've wanted around holidays plus extras and I mean extra, he's so generous, I'm thankful so much.

Bea

• bemonkey Zone 7 South New Jersey
    13 years ago

I have just finished my trade with Tom. It was great. He was prompt, easy to communicate with, very, very generous with amount of seeds sent, and than he sent some extra. :))
    The hardest part of trade for me was to decide what to choose for he has a wonderful exchange list.
    I am looking to trading with him in future.
    Thank you one more time Tom.
    Vesna

• daffodillady
    13 years ago

I responded to Soilent_green's Cosmos offer. He was kind, uplifting, and very generous. Tom, you truly are a blessing!

• scratchits
    13 years ago

Just finished a trade with Tom (soilent_green). He was fast to respond to emails, generous, and very knowledgeable. He was not only generous with sending extra seeds but also with sharing his knowledge on seed saving! Would definitely trade again.

Thank you again Tom. Happy gardening!

Misty

• PaperFinch
    13 years ago

I just did a large trade with Tom and he even through in some bonus heirloom seeds! A wonderful trader!

• poisondartfrog
    13 years ago

Tom responds quickly and follows through on commitments. He provides an overall positive experience.
    Soylent Green is one of my favorite books so I like the name, too. I wonder......nah.
    Alana

• ladyrose65
    13 years ago

Had a very Prompt and nice experience with Tom. I like your GW name. One of my Fav. Sci-Fi, cult classic movie.
    Very Generous.
    Thank You.

• aquawise
    13 years ago

Wonderful! sent me seed. Awesome!!

• daisy4655
    12 years ago

I just finished a trade with Tom, and I'm very happy with the transaction. He is quick to communicate, mailed the seeds promptly, and is very generous. I wouldn't hesitant to trade with him.

Beth

• obrionusa
    12 years ago

He is Prompt, Efficient and an Assett to the GW community!
    Thanks for the great Beans!

• austinnhanasmom
    12 years ago

Just completed my first trade with Tom.

I echo all of the above comments - simply awesome!

Amazing website and fantastic trader!!

Thanks for the incredible garlic!

• ChatanoogaChooChoo
    12 years ago

Just traded, very generous as has been mentioned previously, cannot stress that enough. Wonderfull packaging, informative, courteous, prompt. Will definitely trade again some day.

Amanda

• gardenunusual
    12 years ago

I feel blessed to have received such a wonderfully packaged and generous trade from Tom. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't have been able to try the varieties he sent me. Awesome!

• NancyPlants
    12 years ago

Tom was prompt and very generous!

When I first joined GW, I recall reading a suggestion about clearly spelling out trades in emails so that both parties will be happy. Although it would be months before I traded with Tom, I try to keep his suggestion in mind with each trade I do.
    Excellent knowledge of gardening and very helpful (I havent grown garlic before).

Thanks for a great trade Tom!

• rrrickert
    12 years ago

Thank you so much for the trade was not expecting so much in return. Everyting went very smoothly. And you where a very big help. Thank You again

• SmokyMist
    12 years ago

I cannot say enough good things about Tom. Not only is he very 'in the know' about what he grows, but he is very generous to share that knowledge with others. He sent me , I think, the most gorgeous seeds I've ever received in a trade. Would love to trade again anytime, especially this coming fall for some garlic ( which you will have to teach me all about :o)
    Thanks !!

• love2gardennc
    12 years ago

Tom offered seeds for a project that I do every year with children who are being raised by family other than their parents. I was asking for 2 single seeds of several kinds. His offer and shipment of 40 varieties of seeds (3 seeds of each variety) plus extra little ziploc baggies will allow every child to have their own variety to plant and grow and then bring to Show & Tell and have their picture made.
    Tom did all of this with no expectations of anything in return and did not even want postage. While several people have supported me with this project over the past four years Tom has definitely gone above and beyond anything that I could have ever expected.
    Hopefully someday I can repay or 'pass forward' his generosity.

• Mark Lange
    12 years ago

Tom is a wonderful person here on GardenWeb! Not only did he send me seeds but even extra seeds too! He shipped really fast and the package was totally put together by an organized expert! He is VERY Generous and Prompt! Words can not say the great feeling of being comrades in the gardening field with him, and my envy of his wisdom in the seed garden! He is truly a one of a kind guy and anybody that has a chance to trade with him will Surely be disappointed if they don't! A Top Notch Person and Seed Trader / Gifter!!!!
    Thank you again Tom,
    Mark / Bumleftleg

• Jedonne
    12 years ago

Very pleased with the trade!

• muneca_fl
    12 years ago

I have no words to describe how Wonderful was this trade!!! Tom was very generous, perfect packaging, fast delivery. Would love to trade again anytime.

• piscesfish
    11 years ago

Tom is a great trader. Very very organized and generous. High quality seeds. I look forward to trading with him again.

• spacetogrow
    11 years ago

Tom was very clear and easy to work with. I received many nice looking seeds from him.

I had the opportunity to meet him at a swap last year and enjoyed his knowledge and considerate manner.

"Live long and prosper." (OK, that's a different sci-fi show. lol)

• lovemeflowers
    10 years ago

Just finished a trade with Tom. Wonderful trader..very knowledgeable and very generous with his items. I can't wait to plant. I hope I can trade with him in the future.

• blondie09
    10 years ago

Well if you were not convinced by the 33 previous POSITIVE FEEDBACKS for Tom, let me be the last to convince you! Tom was very prompt in everything- messaging and mailing. Not to mention full of great information, courteous and EXTREMELY generous in the amount of seed that he sent me. It was packaged wonderfully and the product was great! You would be silly to not do a trade with this guy!! I look forward to hopefully many more trades with Tom. Thanks guy!
    - Ash ( blondie09 )

10 years ago

It was great trading with him. I would love to trade with him again.

• EricaBraun
    9 years ago

Just finished a wonderful trade with Tom. He sent me very generous qualities of healthy seed -- way more than I was expecting. Everything was perfectly packaged. The trade was an absolute treat! Highly recommended.

• leila hamaya
    9 years ago

just finished trading with tom, and am VERY happy with the envelope he sent....
    he has an excellent selection of fresh seeds to share, packages them well and with generous amounts, sent me some great extras that i am happy with.

this is the second trade i have done with him and like the first, i am very pleased. all of the seeds i got from him in the past have had excellent germination rates! he's obviously very knowledgeable about propagation, and all the seeds he has to trade, which is a bonus.

• dawn_in_michigan
    9 years ago

Great trader! I was first impressed by all the different varieties Tom has available and I was equally impressed by the generous quantities of seed received. Beautiful seed packets and a couple of nice surprises added to the trade :)

• naturegirl_2007 5B SW Michigan
    9 years ago

Great trade with someone who has lots of interesting seeds to swap and who projects a love for growing and maintaining common and unusual varieties. Prompt with great communication through an involved trade, and very generous amounts of great seeds. Can't wait to start sowing!

8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

I had great trade with Tom few months ago and as before, I had great experience with him. Great communication, organized, generous, friendly. Thank you Tom.
    Vesna

• Erik Lindstrom
    8 years ago

I had a great experience trading with Tom! My seeds arrived promptly and in good condition. Very knowledgeable about seed saving and breeding

• Phylis
    8 years ago

Wonderful trade with Tom, very generous! He is thorough, and clear in his communications. Would love to do it again! :)

• sandysgardens
    8 years ago

Had a great trade with Tom earlier this month. He sent when he said he was going to, was generous, and offered great planting info... Looking forward to trading with Tom in the future.

• Phylis
    8 years ago

Second trade with Tom. Just as wonderful! He's pleasant, prompt and very generous. Thanks Tom!

Sponsored
Moda Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living