Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tracyvine

lil_green_thumb

tracyvine
16 years ago

Unfortunately, I have a negative report on my trading experience with lil_green_thumb. She was assigned to send a package to me in the Garden Decorating Round Robin Forum.

Partners were assigned on September 2nd. She didn't reply to the email I sent her with my address, which we were instructed to email to our senders in the swap. After several weeks she finally posted on the forum that she had some personal issues in her family. She mentioned that it would be the following week before she sent my box out. This was on September 11th.

I emailed her on 9/24 (2 weeks later)to which I rec'd a reply that she would be getting the items together and she would be sending and posting on the 26th. I waited an extra day for her to post and there has been no further contact. I emailed her again on 9/27. No reply.

This is not someone I would recommend getting into a trade, round robin, or any type of exchange, most especially a seed or plant swap where she would be receiving items to then divide and mail out to respective recipients. Her communication has been extremely poor. There has been no consideration to me, her partner. I think she is a rather uncaring individual with selfish intentions.

I would also like to mention that during all of this time she did have the time to post two new Exchanges on the Round Robin Forum. She has disappeared from those leaving the members there without a hostess. Other exchange hosts have been posting there to gain her attention to other obligations she needs to meet for their swaps.

Respectfully,

Tracy

Comments (7)

• klickitat
    16 years ago

Thanks for the rating, Tracy. As the hostess of the exchange you mentioned, I would like to add that lil_green_thumb participated enough in the swap to receive a box from another member, yet never indicated its arrival nor the contents of the box. The sender put a great deal of thought into her gifts, and was left hanging after sending it. As part of the rules of exchange, you should send a box, especially after receiving one. It's only common courtesy to post what you have received or at least a thank you for the efforts.

Now that I have lil_green_thumb's name and address, I will watch out for her in future exchanges to avoid this same problem.

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

I am sorry that others had to go through what the Sept OBF Fall Cleaning Swap went through. I hosted the swap and paired lil_green_thumb up with a new member of the group. The new member sent LGT a swap box and it was received but with no acknowledgement from LGT. The USPS confirmed receipt. There has been no return swap box given from LGT. Several emails have been sent, and a couple posts on the threads she started AFTER she received. It is just very inconsiderate of someone not to at least send a thank you. I really hope that no one else has to go through what several others have. It seems like this is a common practice of LGT I am sorry to say.

• lil_green_thumb
    16 years ago

This is not a common practice. I have been trading on GW, OBF and Garden Decorating for 13 months. August and September of 2007 was the first time I have EVER sent a late box. I posted and emailed when I could. Before I could get the boxes to the postoffice and mailed my father in law was taken back by ambulance to the hospital.
    I am sorry for being late. Those that I have traded with previously on Garden Decorating and OBF know I am never late and always send boxes above what is required.
    My father in laws heart surgery and complications were the only thing I could deal with at the time. I have no computer access at the hospital because I never took the time to order the laptop last spring.
    I have now gotten all GW issues clear as far as boxes being sent and someone (my sister or another member - to be determined as of yet) to handle the seed swap. I will not be participating in swaps until my personal life is taken care of.

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I am following up on my original my original post of my exchange with Lil_Green_Thumb. Today I receive a very nice box of items with which to decorate for the fall season and some hyacinth bulbs and a large assortment of gladiolus bulbs. While the communication was not what I had hoped, Kim did follow through with her end of the trade. Thank you.

• nuthatch_mo
    16 years ago

Never sent her end of the trade, exchanged a few email with promises, but never followed through. Has been couple of months.

• remy_gw
    16 years ago

I'm sorry to read that some people have had a bad experience with Kim recently. One of the best swap boxes I've ever received was from Kim. It was thoughtful and generous.
    Sometimes trading falls on the back burner when things go wrong at home. I see she has followed through on some trades now and hopefully the rest will be squared away soon.
    I know a box from her is worth being late. : )
    Remy

• sassyd
    16 years ago

I have to tell you Kim, and anyone else, I'll trade with you any day of the week. I'm sorry I didn't get this posted sooner.

Sassy

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES