Return to the Rate & Review Exchanges Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
rambler24

Posted by prayerrock zone 5 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 25, 09 at 0:03

I had a trade with Justin and it went very well till he decided he didnt like what I sent him. We agreed that I would send him my small year old adenium seedling. for his christmas cactus...I actually got a thanksgiving cactus not a christmas cactus.

Anyways, if you research the growth of adenium seedlings you see that they grow extremely slow... a lot of people wont grow them from seed because of this. It takes a lot of time and patience to grow them from seed...a year old adenium is maybe 2-3 inches tall with about 6-8 leaves from what I understand.

This is what I sent him..a very nice health adenium seedling that was 1 year and 4 months old. I got the seedling from a freind about 3 months ago and was told it was a year old in June.

However when Justin saw how small it was he became very nasty with me, even though I told him tobegin with that it was small. He asked me to send him his cactus back and I told him no that the trade was made as we agreed on.

He sent me a couple more nasty emails threatening me and I had to block him. he then came here and posted a bad review for me with a bunch of lies.

I am sorry to say I could never recomend trading with him. If you want to know about my trade history you can do a search on my name and pull up the thread with my 10 reviews on it. I dont trade here a lot but the ones I have sone have been very good and successful trades for both parties.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: rambler24

First off, I dont know where you researched your information on adeniums, but they are not 2-3 inches tall after a year. Most of the seeds I have started are larger than the specimen you sent me after 2 months. Some adenium will flower in 6-8 months if you grow them under correct conditions.

Second, I am not alone in my complaints with your trade. There is another poster on here who had the exact same problem with you.

I sent you a healthy plant that was securely packaged in which you received 3 days after we agreed to the trade. I did more than enough to hold my end of the deal.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rate & Review Exchanges Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here