Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mia_r

sandlapper_rose

maria
16 years ago

I just received Jeanne's trade. She's a generous and thoughtful trader. Thank you for the most excellent trading experience.

Maria

Comments (40)

• angelady777 (Angela) - Zone 6
    15 years ago

Jeanne was so wonderful to trade with in many ways. First of all the trade was incredible. We both got things we really wanted. She went out of her way to make sure I was happy, which was so wonderful. She has GREAT communication and let me know what was happening every step of the way and was also just plain personable. I really liked dealing with this wonderful woman and wouldn't hesitate to trade with her again. She is highly recommended indeed! Also, everything was labeled and marked well, to help keep me organized. :-)

~Angela

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

I received a wonderful box from Jeanne in the October OBF swap. She sent a great selection of plants (from my "wants" list!!) and some fun seeds....even goodies for the kids!
    **A super sweet lady & an awesome trader.**

Melissa

• roflol
    15 years ago

Jeanne hosted the Theme Garden Swap that ended December 2008. I received my instructions in a timely manner; thread was regularly updated; she was flexible as circumstances dictated; she honored my request to not return as many seeds as sent (this was important! :]); and the seeds coming back to me were returned in very good time. Positive experience. :]
    Terri

• ghoghunter
    15 years ago

Jeanne was a wonderful hostess for the Theme Garden Swap in Dec 08. She sent everything out as promised and I was very happy to participate in her swap! Great seeds and great hostess!
    Joann

• suecirish
    15 years ago

I totally agree!!! The 2008 Theme Garden Swap, hosted by Jeanne, was incredible. She provided complete and understandable instructions, kept us all up to date on the progress of the swap, and managed to pull it all together very timely and without a hitch. If the seed package I received was any indication of the others, Jeanne managed to hostess a very successful and enjoyable large group swap. Congratulations Jeanne, you certainly deserve a big thumbs up!

• poisondartfrog
    15 years ago

Jeanne was a fantastic hostess for the Theme Garden Swap. She obviously spent a lot of time trying to make things as special as possible for everyone.
    She did a great job!
    Alana

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Jeanne put a LOT of work into the Theme Garden Swap and made it look effortless! Looking at the STUFFED envelope on my desk right now, she certainly put a lot of thought into what would be prefect for each person's themes! I didn't even know about some of these and never would have thought about others for my themes! Thank you so very much, Jeanne!!!!! I am thrilled with what I received! Oh, and let's not forget the wonderful little parcels she put together for the children of the participants who express an interest in gardening. My two boys were tickled with their packages, which not only included seeds for their particular garden beds, but a lovely note and candy cane! That was a wonderful touch, Jeanne, and eased their winter blues a little.

Kathy

15 years ago

I, too, was very amazed at what a wonderful job Jeanne did organizing such a huge swap with the Theme Garden one like she did that concluded this month. She had a lot going on in her personal life, but still went above and beyond with the swap. She invited me to the round robin, which I was totally intimidated of since I'm a new trader and a new gardener, but she helped me feel right at home.

I can't thank you enough, Jeanne, for inviting me to the round robins to begin with, but particularly in helping me with my first round robin experience!

Blessings,
    Angela

• carolynp
    15 years ago

I traded with Jeanne in the Winter Sowing swap which she also organized. Jeanne is a fantastic trader. I look forward to the opportunity to trade with her again.

• playintheyard
    15 years ago

Jeanne's 07' garden theme swap was my first experience w/ round robins as a newbie I was anxious but, found instructions easy to follow and totally enjoyed myself. I guess she would be my first "enabler"!! It was wonderful checking out all those seed packs! What a lot of work it must of been to keep it all organised.

Thank you I'm totally hooked
    Annette

• mystlw
    14 years ago

Just finished a wonderful trade with Jeanne, she's a great and dependable person to trade with and I highly recommend her! I traded for seeds for a chocolate garden for my 8-year-old granddaughter, and she very kindly added some adorable chocolate-themed seed packets and some seeds from my Want list for myself. The seeds also arrived very quickly and beautifully packaged.
    Thanks so much, Jeanne!

• quiltingfox
    13 years ago

She is my swap partner and the hostess for the GW Round Robin November Seeds N Stitches Swap. She has been a really great hostess and sent me a Norwegian Chicken pincushion and a homemade Thanksgiving card - both are awesome and beautiful. I will treasure them. Will gladly trade with her in the future. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!! :-)

Best to you and many, many thanks,
    Sandra

• redthreaddiy
    13 years ago

Got some awesome Canadian Columbine, Bright Yellow Dahlia, and Regal Trumpet Lily seeds from sandlapper_rose for the Secret Santa Swap! I have never grown Dahlia or Trumpet Lily seeds so these will definitely be fun! I was also excited to see what Dahlia seeds look like - I tried to find some on my Dahlias and couldn't ever figure out what were the seeds. Now I know! The Canadian Columbine seeds look really interesting - I definitely don't have those kind and they are so pretty! Very generous. She included some adorable Christmas stickers along with a cute card. Thank you!!!

13 years ago

We were in the Secret Santa round robin swap together. She sent me some awesome seeds and a Christmas card. She's a highly recommended great trader!

Blessings,
    Angela

• oliveoyl3
    12 years ago

I received a wonderfully packed full box from Jeanne in my 1st FOTESS swap in January where our task was to upcycle something (repurpose with a greater use than the 1st). She sent a card, a sheet sewn into a notebook sized tote bag, a homemade wire hanger for a piece of a butterfly wind chime dangle, a fabric bag of window blind markers tied with raffia & a silk flower, home printed seed envies reusing misprinted computer paper, plus a twix bar. Jeanne welcome me into the group & made sure my 1st swap was over the TOP! Thank you, Jeanne!

Corrine

• poisondartfrog
    12 years ago

Jeanne did a superb job hostessing the Theme Garden Swap, as she does with all of her swaps.
    Thank you again!
    Alana

• Margie Crawford
    12 years ago

Awesome job hosting the Theme Garden Swap! Well organized, good communication, quick return and great selection. Thank you!! Margie

• jaynine
    12 years ago

I agree; Jeanne did a great job as hostess of this year's Theme Garden Swap. Can't wait until next year~thank you!

• barefootgardner12
    12 years ago

Jeanne did a great job hosting The Theme Garden Swap 2012. You have GREAT organizational skills Jeanne! Thanks again!

• jensyen ( z7 MD )
    12 years ago

Like the message above, Jeanne did a great job hosting The Theme Garden Swap 2012. She went above and beyond getting everything done quickly and expertly. Love the theme choices she made, the special personal letter that went to all, and the added treat and extras. I would greatly recommend her to all and cannot wait till her next RR swap. Thanks Jeanne- Sincerely, Jen

• apoppyfield
    12 years ago

Thanks for all your hard work on the Theme Garden swap. I got my package yesterday and it was so much more than I expected. Your efforts are really appreciated.

• scratchits
    12 years ago

I joined the Theme Garden swap this year that Jeanne was hosting. She did a fantastic job with sorting the seeds and hosting. Thank you for everything Jeanne! I had a lot of fun :)

• clc70
    12 years ago

Jeanne was a wonderful host for the theme garden swap. She did a wonderful job keeping the participants informed and updated. She had amazingly fast turn around to get the seeds back out to us-1,984 packs of seeds. Wow, she has my admiration and respect.

• browneyedsusan_gw
    12 years ago

Jeanne did a wonderful job hosting the 2012 Theme Garden swap. Although she received nearly 2000 seed packets she sorted and mailed them in record time. I really appreciate all the work she put into it.

• alwaysagarden
    12 years ago

Jeanne did a wonderful job as host to the 2011-12 Theme Garden Swap. She keeps you up to date as how the swap is moving, makes sure all packages are sent back with delivery confirmation #'s. She is very prompt and sticks to deadlines. In this last swap she sent a very nice thank you letter and a yummy little treat. I loved the seeds I received and look forward to joining again next year!

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    12 years ago

I joined the theme swap this year as well. I agree with everything that the members above said....She was great!

Lisa

• canyonwind
    12 years ago

In the recent Round Robin "Let Me Call You Sweetpea" swap, Jeanne sent a wonderful package my way, including an outstanding variety of seeds.
    Thanks so much!

Annie

• flowergirl34
    11 years ago

Jeanne was a terrific member of the June OBF Mayed in the USA swap on the round robin. A friendly, super nice lady!

Thank you for being a great trade partner! :)
    vina

• quiltingfox
    11 years ago

Jeanne and I are swap partners for the RR Seeds-N-Stitches July Swap and she mailed me a beautifully embellished "crazy" quilt block and bookmark. I'll treasure it always. Will gladly trade with you in the future. Thank you bunches!

Best to you and many, many thanks,
    Sandra

• flowergirl34
    11 years ago

I was lucky enough to be Jeanne's receiver in the OBF Christmas In July Swap on the Round Robin. She sent me a wonderful variety of seeds and even made me a home made Christmas card.

I'll say it again...super nice lady! :)
    vina

• kchd
    11 years ago

Jeanne and I were swap partners for the July FOTESS swap on the Round Robin exchange forum. She sent a wonderful, thoughtful, carefully packaged box. She also organized the FOTESS swap that month, and did a superb job. Looking forward to swapping with her again!

Katie

• alwaysagarden
    11 years ago

Jeanne is such a sweetie, she sent me some lovely seeds in the Theme Garden Swap. Thank you!!

Cindy

• canyonwind
    11 years ago

Jeanne recently hosted the OBF egg-ceptional ladies, egg-ceptional luck swap....she always hosts a fun and clever swap!!!! And I love her games.....

Jeanne is a lovely lady and very generous!

Thanks so much!!

Annie

• Melinda Hagen
    10 years ago

Just wanted to thank Jeanne so much for the beautiful handmade Christmas card she sent me from the Fotess Christmas swap! Thank You!

• smitties
    10 years ago

Received a pretty homemade card for our Fostess Solstice card swap. Thank you Jeanne.

• jensyen ( z7 MD )
    9 years ago

Jeanne did a great job hosting the Theme Garden Seed Swap this year. She kept everything running smoothly, posting updates often, and returning a generous, well selected assortment of seeds in a timely manner. I would highly recommend her for future group swaps.

• EricaBraun
    9 years ago

Just received my Theme Garden Seed Swap pack from Jeanne. I am absolutely thrilled. She did a fantastic job hosting and dividing seeds for what had to have been a difficult swap to juggle. I highly recommend any of her swaps!

• l1oness
    9 years ago

Jeanne did a great job with the Theme Garden Swap - she went above and beyond with a personalized note and awards for people. She is a great hostess!

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

Theme Garden 2014, that was a wonderful experience. She put her delightful spin on things and nothing stops her, not even a wind storm and downed trees knocking out her power/internet.

• Nikki Lambeth
    7 years ago

I'm so thankful for the excellent seeds and
    trading I received as part of the New Years swap round robin. I'm grateful for
    the generosity of each and every member of the swap! Thank you, Jeanne!

Sponsored