Return to the Rate & Review Exchanges Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cryptid

Posted by medontdo 5b Ks (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 2, 09 at 20:18

We just finished a seed trade!! what a generous trader!! he sent me alot of seeds, very quick response and very easy to read on the little packages. **big smile**
he's very friendly and very informative with the plants. i totally would trade with Cryptid again!! i do HIGHLY recommend trading with him!! **big smile** thank you so much for the awesome trade!!! you are the total BOMB!!! **grin** ~medo

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cryptid

Just finished a trade with cryptid. He was very generous and I know I cant miss with the amount of seeds he sent. ☻ I would trade with him anytime. Darla (irishdescended)

o

Just did a trade with cryptid (columbine for alyssum). He sent generous amount in nice packet. Will enjoy the columbine next year. :-)

o

Just finished great trade Thanks

o

Great trade with Cryptid! Totally happy with the seeds sent and would trade again. Thanks!!!

o

Great trade with Cryptid. Quick shipping and got twice what I expected. Hope to trade again.

o

Had a GREAT trade with cryptid. Very generous and packages everything perfectly. Thanks so much and I would highly recommend a trade here! I sure hope to trade again :) Thanks so much!

o

I just received my seeds from Cryptid, he was very generous, fast and very nice! I would trade with
him again anyday! Thank you very much! I would highly recommend trading with Cryptid!!

o

Just got my seeds today and must say "WOW WHAT A TRADER". Packages of seeds were easy to indentify and very generous, when I open the package I notice right off who it was from. Very fast on shipping them, arriving in excellant conditions. I would highly recommend anybody to trade with Cryptid. They will never be dissapointed with the results. BIG THANKS FOR A JOB WELL DONE..... Keep up the good work, you are appreciated here.. Mike

o

Just traded with Cryptid and am pleased to say that all went well and I'm very happy with the seeds I received. Very generous trader and I would trade with Darrin again!

Alicia

o

I recently had a great trade with Cryptid.Very easy to trade with.I would certainly recommend trading with cryptid.Thanks alot!Debbie

o

Great trade with cryptid ~~ would definitely trade again ~~ very nice and informative labels on the seed packets!

Thanks again!!
crisann

o

Had a great trade with cryptid, looking forward to more trades with her next year.

Fran

o

Thanks, Fran! Same here! - BTW, though,...um,...actually, my *real* name's Darrin and I'm a *he/him* LOL! :)

o

Cryptid was the first person I traded with and now I'm spoiled. He was awesome to trade with, great communication, even explained some of the procedures to me, very generous with seeds and even sent Rosemary cuttings. I would definitely trade with him again!! Oh, and his seed packets are really nice!
sewwht

o

I didn't technically "trade" with Cryptid - he offered to send me a few seeds on my want list out of the kindness and his heart as I am new to trading; just emailed me out of the blue with the nicest message. I just happened to have something on his want list so I sent it in return, I hope that it arrives to him safely, yet I know it is no where near as wonderful as all that he sent to me. He is definitely on my radar and when I am ready to trade he will be a top choice. Thank you so much Cryptid! I learned a lot from our exchange and I am so happy to have made such a wonderful new gardening friend! :)

o

I also must sing praises for Cryptid/Darrin.
Not only was he extremely generous with the seeds we agreed on he also sent me some extra poppies later on.
Great trader and good sense of humor.It was fun trading with him.

o

What can I say that hasn't already been said?! A wonderful person and a great traders.

Thank you for the seeds and the packets!

o

Agreed! He's very good trader, sent his side quickly, and the arrangement process was a breeze. He is obviously a experianced trader. I would be happy to make a deal again anytime. Thanks Darrin!!!

Orcascove (Barb)

o

HI Darrin -- you are a CLASS ACT! What a beautiful, huge envelope of seeds you sent,and quickly and your so very nice to deal with. We can all learn from you:-) You were so kind to send me so much more than I expected and label and package everything so nicely. In addition you wrote a lovely note along with extra seed bags.
If you ever see anything on my list it's yours for the asking -- no trade required:-)

take care and God Bless:-)

o

I just completed a great trade with Darrin ! We exchanged great emails , the seeds arrived safe and sound just a few days later and he included some very much needed baggies as an extra ! Awesome ! thank you Darrin ! Hope we can trade again in the future ! Isn't Garden Web the best ?

~Iris

o

I myself just completed a trade with Darrin. He is very nice and generous and sending the baggies was an unexpected but very much appreciated bonus! Thank you Darrin! Happy howls to you!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o

Posted by whisst zone 7 (whisst69@aim.com) on
Fri, Mar 26, 10 at 14:15

Hey guys just wanted to let you know I just traded with Cryptid! He sent the seeds promply and sent extra seeds and baggies! Great trader and will definatly trade again.
thanks whisst

(copied from another thread)

o

Posted by dcj24 7 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 29, 10 at 22:40

I just received some beautiful alpine strawberries from Darrin. They arrived in perfect condition. What a great trader.

o

Exelent trader They sent tons of healthy seeds, Thanks! :)

o

Posted by zinnia_blooms missouri zone 6 (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 9, 10 at 19:52

got some great trades from CRYPTID VERY FRIENDLY and fast exchanges thanks so much for the great seeds trade !!!!!

o

I loved the seeds I received from Darrin and they are getting planted tomorrow! Thanks so much for an easy, positive every step along the way trade. Yes you do rock! And I bet you have beautiful gardens.

Nancy

o

Just received a generous trade from Cryptid, Very satisfied and would trade again. Thanks for sharing!

o

Wow, this trade with Darrin was great! I like his friendly emails and everything came in looking fantastic. Thanks again Darrin and we'll trade again sometime, Darla.

o

Great trader! Thanks for all the seeds! I hope you enjoy the daylilies :)
-amanda

o

Great trade! Very generous & awesome packaging with so many details on the labels. Also lots of great advice for a newbie like me. Looking forward to more trades. Thanks so much! ~Trish

o

Yet another fantastic trade with Darrin. He always send so many seeds that Im busy for a hour after I get the package he sends! Lol!

o

thanx cryptid! you are an awesome trader! our trade was a while ago and i finally discovered how to leave rating.

o

Quick, easy trade. Thanks.

o

Just received seeds from him. He is very generous and even sent bonus seeds. :-) Everything was well packaged and well shipped. Good communication. Will gladly trade with him him in the future! :-)

Best to you and many thanks,
quiltingfox :-)

o

I did a trade with Darrin and I don't think you could ask for a better trader. Such nice handwritting, and everything is so well packed and put together. Fast shipping and great amounts of seeds sent. Your a top notch trader Darrin and it was a pleasure to trade with you. :) jennifer

o

I just have great trade with cryptid
I would definitely trade again,it's very nice and informative labels on the seed packets as well!

o

Got some very nice horseradish and raspberry cuttings from Darrin, fast shipping, great packaging, a wonderful GW member.

o

Posted by racetowin 5 (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 16, 10 at 13:48

Jus had a great trade with Cryptid.
Generous, prompt an neat .

Thanks racetowin.

o

I usually don't post when someone responds to a seed offer but Darrin was so nice. He sent his envie promptly and even included a pack of mixed nigella seeds which I love. He also has the nicest printing that I've ever seen. lol

o

Just completed a trade with Darrin and everything went very smoothly. Sent everything that was discussed and packed it all great. Thanks again!

o

Awww... I almost started crying when I saw what was inside Cryptid's envelope for the Secret Santa Swap. The card itself was handmade, and embellished with glitter and snowflakes. There was a personalized note inside and his wife, Elly, crocheted a beautiful purple butterfly ornament. There was a cute little silver bow on top. As for the seed packets, they all had little Christmas pictures on them which are very cute! Now for the seeds - I got Red Canna Lily, Mixed Pink Poppies, Red Hollyhocks, Chater's Double Pink Hollyhocks, Le Fleur Lilac Datura, and Blue Datura seeds. Thank you so much for your thoughtful gift. I love everything!

o
ssse 2010

What a wonderful package from Cryptid today. A generous amount of seeds along with a hand crocheted butterfly (by Elly, Cryptid's wife), beautiful hand made card also. Thanks so much, very sweet of you and your wife.
Barbara C. PerkyBarb Cincinnati Area Zone 6

o

just got my seeds from cryptid-- thank you so much! what a great and generous selection :D

o

I just received my package from cryptid! Got some extras too! thats! will trade with him again..

o

Excellent experience with cryptid. Received nicely packaged, cleverly labeled SASBE for free seeds that I had offered. Good e-mail communication on sending & receiving of SASBE & seeds. Recommend cryptid!

o

Darrin is so nice! He sent adopted me for the ongoing newbie swap and sent an awesome package of seeds that were well packaged and labeled. When I tried to send him some seeds in return he insisted on sending "a little something" back. I'd love to trade with Darrin again any time.

o

I just did a swap with the MNF group and Darrin was my sender. What a great box!! I received much more than was required. Then he even sent things later he had forgotten to put in the box along with yet, more surprises. A definite plus to Gardenweb.

o

Great swap with cryptid. He sent LOTS of seeds that looked great and with cool labels, and very promptly. Thanks!

o

Received a wonderful Christmas card and lots of goodies for the Secret Santa swap. Thanks Darrin and the best to you, Elly, and Roy in the coming year. Margo

o

Just received a great package of seeds from cryptid. They were labelled and very well organized.

o

I received some wonderful varieties of bean seeds from Cryptid for a project that I am doing with children in April. Darren sent the seeds, four of each variety instead of just the two of each that I needed, his words "I mean, y'never know,...y'know?"
Thanks so much, these seeds will help tremendously in helping kids learn to love the garden.

o

Cryptid was my sender is the mnf:feb heart swap and I enjoyed his package. This is not the first swap he has done with me and I have enjoyed the all. Thanks Darrin

o

Cryptid was a terrific addition to the MNF's Feb. H~E~A~R~T Swap 2012 we had on the Round Robin.

A definite GW asset.
Happy Sowing!
vina

o

Just finished a seed trade with this wonderful trader. Thank you for the bonus beans. I really appreciate them. Good communication great trader. Thanks.

o

Thank you for the prompt trade. I really appreciate it.
Nancy from ky

o

My R&R is a little late, but better late than never right?! :P I will most definitely trade with this user again! We had great communication throughout the trade and I couldn't be happier with the seeds he sent. I received plenty, enough to share with someone else. Sending thanks from Texas. :)

o

Im also posting a R&R thats a few days late. Cryptid is an amazing and fantastic trader. Everything was perfect it was orderly, arrived safe, contained plenty of seeds and even extras. Would love to trade again and recommend Cryptid to anyone.

o

I almost forgot to leave this wonderful swapper a review. What a nice person he is, and very thoughtful. He harvested seeds "to order" for me and sent them quickly so that I could start them into growth immediately.
Thanks again,
Alana

o

• Posted by sjc48 5 Michigan (My Page) on
    Fri, Aug 3, 12 at 15:51

Received a wonderful package from Darrin for the MNF July Fresh and Cool swap. Well packaged and mailed in a timely manner. Also thanks to his wife, Ellie, for the beautiful crocheted butterfly pin!
Shirley!

o

Amaizing!just finish a trade with Cryptid,He sent lots of seeds very well packed with info tags on them(totally coping that),just perfect!!! looking forward to trade with him again:)

o

Another great trade with Cryptid. I love how he professionally labels his seed bags with pictures and growing instructions. Thanks again.

o

Just did a trade with Cryptid, it was so thoughtful as I was sent seeds I really wanted. Thanks a bunch Cryptid, look forward to trading again sometime, Shasta7s

o

Flawless!!..I aspire to be as well organized as Darrin is with his trades!

o

Highly recommend trading with Darrin. Have never been disappointed in trading with him and everything always arrives in great shape. Great seed trader~~~

o

Highly recommended trader.. Prompt to ship, great looking seeds all packaged up nice and neat. Great Experience.
Thank You Darrin.

o

I received a beautiful card and seeds in our Secret Santa Swap. Thanks for everything.

o

Another wonderful package from Darrin. He sent the cutest homemade Christmas card, seeds, a little keychain light, and his wonderful wife crocheted a butterfly pin. Thank you so much and Happy New Year to you and your family. Margo

o

• Posted by kchd 7b Mississippi (My Page) on
    Wed, Jan 2, 13 at 18:51

Darrin sent me a lovely card, some great seeds, a beautiful crocheted butterfly, and a LED mini flashlight for the Secret Santa Swap this year. Thanks so much for the seeds & all the lagniappe!

Katie

o

Above and beyond anything I've seen! Thank you for the Secret Santa Swap fun stuff: crocheted butterfly, california poppy, cosmos picotee (mine froze before I got any seeds this year), keychain light, 4 o'clock marbles red & white (Do I have to tell my mom I have these and share?) and poppy pizzicato dwarf. A+ all the way.
Heidi

o

This review is months (maybe even a year sheesh!) late but wanted to thank Cryptid for the amazing adoption of us that he sent last year! His seeds are great and his packaging is inspiring! A great model for what all seed savers should aspire too, would love to see his system for organizing everything!

o

Just finish trading Crocosmia bulbs, wow they arrived in great condition and well moist to keep they live and healthy. Timely communication and trading is always the plus! You have sent such generous amount. I very much liked the trade and will enjoy these plants for years to come. Thanks Darrin.

o

We just completed a trade! A++ I would definitely trade with in the future!

o

great trade with Darrin hope to do it again A+ all the way David

o

Received a wonderful trade from Darrin. Thank you so much for the wonderful Centranthus Alba. I have been looking for them for so long. Beautiful nice size roots, packaged well and arrived safely and on time. I DEFINATELY WILL TRADE AGAIN. Thank you again Darren. Marsha

o

Goodness! So many raves, he doesn't need a review from me! But I was delighted with the large number of crocosmia that he sent. And today is his birthday! Wishing him a really happy one!
Ginny

o

Thanks, Ginny! It was a good one indeed! :)

o

Just finished a trade with cryptid. quick shipping and the seeds were safely packaged, labeled and he was generous with the amount he sent.

i would certainly trade with him again.

o

• Posted by dsi411 California 9b (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 27, 13 at 22:58

It was my first time trading so I didn't have anything to compare with, but Darrin was very easy and quick to trade with.

o

I echo everyone else's comments - generous amount of seeds, quick mailing, and patience even when we encountered email problems. Thank you!

o

Just had a very nice seed trade with Cryptid. He sent
several different types of seeds (very generously).
Would love trading seeds with him again.
Thanks Cryptid,
djune

o

Had an awesome seed trade with Cryptid. He's very generous and informative about what he's sending and quick to reply. He's also very pleasant to communicate with and I'd love to trade with him again :)

Thanks!!
valthewizard

o

Excellent, excellent trader. A+++++++++++++. Recieved bonus seeds. More than I could have asked for. Each packet comes with sowing instructions & other essential details about growing what's inside ^_^

o

I had an awesome trade with cryptid!!!

Thank you so much!!!

o

Very thoughtful and more than generous trader. The best!
Can't say enough good things about him as a trader.
Thanks Darrin and Elly!!
Jean

o

Super trade! Very generous and arrived quickly! Would trade with again any time. :)

o

Just had a very nice seed trade with Cryptid. I love receiving seeds, that are different, and she is so generous.
Thank you Cryptid,
djune

o

Thanks muchly for the kind review, djune! Except,...um,...actually, I'm a guy. :) Y'know, so, like,...just for the record. My wife got a big kick out of it, though, LOL! Also for the record, you're not the first and likely won't be the last. :)

o

Did a really nice trade with cryptid, they were well packaged and had cute tags with pics of what they was and there was a bonus pack, would be willing to trade any time again, was very timely also :)

o

Darrin was extremely helpful and so nice. All of the seeds he sent arrived in excellent condition and were so well organized! Thank you so much for your help and wonderful seeds.

o

Just completed my trade with Cryptid. What an awesome individual! Very generous with seeds, very knowledgeable with plants, and a great sense of humor! As I am very new to this site, it was wonderful to have someone who would trade with me AND help guide me. I believe people like him are the reason websites like this are so wonderful!

o

Fantastic trade! Quick shipping and loved the packaging of individual seed packs. Plus Darrin gave me great newbie advice. Thanks for being my first trade!

o

Just initiated a second trade with cryptid. I was away from home when he contacted me for another trade & wasn't going to be home for some time. He is so patient & understanding. Not to mention generous. He sent his seeds out while I was holed up in a hotel 300 something miles from home. When my husband & I returned home, the seeds were waiting for me.

o

Great transaction with Cryptid. I hope you enjoy all of your seeds.

Happy growing!

o

I got Cryptid's trade a few days go and wow he had them all lined up and in need bags with labeling of when they grow in each stage and little info about each one.I am new to gardening and he gave me tips.He is so generous with his seeds and know how. Thank you so much!

o

I, too, had a wonderful trade experience with Cryptid. Thanks so much for the trade, can't wait for the gardening season to start again! :)

o

I recently received great seeds in our Secret Santa Swap.

Thanks for everything.

o

Cryptid sent me a cute Santa pulling the sleigh card and a beautiful crocheted butterfly pin, as well as several seeds I am looking forward to including Calabrese broccoli, Pak choi, Tom Thumb lettuce, Green globe Artichoke, White Columbine, and Bloomsdale Long Standing Spinach. Everything was well packed. Thank you!

o

A big thank you to Darrin for the generous seeds he included in his card for the SSS. A big thank you to Ellie to for the beautiful crocheted butterfly she included.

o

Had a wonderful trade with Cryptid. He sent me a lot of seeds and his seed packets were very professional. They had color pictures and planting instructions. The trade was definitely more than expected. I would be honored to trade with him anytime.

o

Very nice trade !! Thank you, and nice amount of seeds. Hope we can trade again !

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rate & Review Exchanges Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here