Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
medontdo

Cryptid

medontdo
14 years ago

We just finished a seed trade!! what a generous trader!! he sent me alot of seeds, very quick response and very easy to read on the little packages. **big smile**

he's very friendly and very informative with the plants. i totally would trade with Cryptid again!! i do HIGHLY recommend trading with him!! **big smile** thank you so much for the awesome trade!!! you are the total BOMB!!! **grin** ~medo

Comments (114)

• kimnkell
    11 years ago

Highly recommended trader.. Prompt to ship, great looking seeds all packaged up nice and neat. Great Experience.
    Thank You Darrin.

• dem_pa
    11 years ago

I received a beautiful card and seeds in our Secret Santa Swap. Thanks for everything.

• smitties
    11 years ago

Another wonderful package from Darrin. He sent the cutest homemade Christmas card, seeds, a little keychain light, and his wonderful wife crocheted a butterfly pin. Thank you so much and Happy New Year to you and your family. Margo

• kchd
    11 years ago

Darrin sent me a lovely card, some great seeds, a beautiful crocheted butterfly, and a LED mini flashlight for the Secret Santa Swap this year. Thanks so much for the seeds & all the lagniappe!

Katie

• xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
    11 years ago

Above and beyond anything I've seen! Thank you for the Secret Santa Swap fun stuff: crocheted butterfly, california poppy, cosmos picotee (mine froze before I got any seeds this year), keychain light, 4 o'clock marbles red & white (Do I have to tell my mom I have these and share?) and poppy pizzicato dwarf. A+ all the way.
    Heidi

• theadventurebite
    11 years ago

This review is months (maybe even a year sheesh!) late but wanted to thank Cryptid for the amazing adoption of us that he sent last year! His seeds are great and his packaging is inspiring! A great model for what all seed savers should aspire too, would love to see his system for organizing everything!

• farmerpickle
    10 years ago

Just finish trading Crocosmia bulbs, wow they arrived in great condition and well moist to keep they live and healthy. Timely communication and trading is always the plus! You have sent such generous amount. I very much liked the trade and will enjoy these plants for years to come. Thanks Darrin.

• LogyMcKae
    10 years ago

We just completed a trade! A++ I would definitely trade with in the future!

• davsher
    10 years ago

great trade with Darrin hope to do it again A+ all the way David

• illinoisdoglover
    10 years ago

Received a wonderful trade from Darrin. Thank you so much for the wonderful Centranthus Alba. I have been looking for them for so long. Beautiful nice size roots, packaged well and arrived safely and on time. I DEFINATELY WILL TRADE AGAIN. Thank you again Darren. Marsha

• Virginia
    10 years ago

Goodness! So many raves, he doesn't need a review from me! But I was delighted with the large number of crocosmia that he sent. And today is his birthday! Wishing him a really happy one!
    Ginny

• cryptid
    10 years ago

Thanks, Ginny! It was a good one indeed! :)

• Jessica Johannesen
    10 years ago

Just finished a trade with cryptid. quick shipping and the seeds were safely packaged, labeled and he was generous with the amount he sent.

i would certainly trade with him again.

• Chelsea
    10 years ago

It was my first time trading so I didn't have anything to compare with, but Darrin was very easy and quick to trade with.

• tatreanna
    10 years ago

I echo everyone else's comments - generous amount of seeds, quick mailing, and patience even when we encountered email problems. Thank you!

• djune_gw
    10 years ago

Just had a very nice seed trade with Cryptid. He sent
    several different types of seeds (very generously).
    Would love trading seeds with him again.
    Thanks Cryptid,
    djune

• Val Minnich
    10 years ago

Had an awesome seed trade with Cryptid. He's very generous and informative about what he's sending and quick to reply. He's also very pleasant to communicate with and I'd love to trade with him again :)

Thanks!!
    valthewizard

• LullabyF360
    10 years ago

Excellent, excellent trader. A+++++++++++++. Recieved bonus seeds. More than I could have asked for. Each packet comes with sowing instructions & other essential details about growing what's inside ^_^

• lavenderpyly
    10 years ago

I had an awesome trade with cryptid!!!

Thank you so much!!!

• recipesaver2
    10 years ago

Very thoughtful and more than generous trader. The best!
    Can't say enough good things about him as a trader.
    Thanks Darrin and Elly!!
    Jean

• SunshineGal
    10 years ago

Super trade! Very generous and arrived quickly! Would trade with again any time. :)

• djune_gw
    10 years ago

Just had a very nice seed trade with Cryptid. I love receiving seeds, that are different, and she is so generous.
    Thank you Cryptid,
    djune

• cryptid
    10 years ago

Thanks muchly for the kind review, djune! Except,...um,...actually, I'm a guy. :) Y'know, so, like,...just for the record. My wife got a big kick out of it, though, LOL! Also for the record, you're not the first and likely won't be the last. :)

• maple67
    10 years ago

Did a really nice trade with cryptid, they were well packaged and had cute tags with pics of what they was and there was a bonus pack, would be willing to trade any time again, was very timely also :)

• Audrey McDermott
    10 years ago

Darrin was extremely helpful and so nice. All of the seeds he sent arrived in excellent condition and were so well organized! Thank you so much for your help and wonderful seeds.

• mnvicke
    10 years ago

Just completed my trade with Cryptid. What an awesome individual! Very generous with seeds, very knowledgeable with plants, and a great sense of humor! As I am very new to this site, it was wonderful to have someone who would trade with me AND help guide me. I believe people like him are the reason websites like this are so wonderful!

• mjzzyzoff
    10 years ago

Fantastic trade! Quick shipping and loved the packaging of individual seed packs. Plus Darrin gave me great newbie advice. Thanks for being my first trade!

• LullabyF360
    10 years ago

Just initiated a second trade with cryptid. I was away from home when he contacted me for another trade & wasn't going to be home for some time. He is so patient & understanding. Not to mention generous. He sent his seeds out while I was holed up in a hotel 300 something miles from home. When my husband & I returned home, the seeds were waiting for me.

• littlehomesteader
    10 years ago

Great transaction with Cryptid. I hope you enjoy all of your seeds.

Happy growing!

• loveless
    10 years ago

I got Cryptid's trade a few days go and wow he had them all lined up and in need bags with labeling of when they grow in each stage and little info about each one.I am new to gardening and he gave me tips.He is so generous with his seeds and know how. Thank you so much!

• DraigAthar
    10 years ago

I, too, had a wonderful trade experience with Cryptid. Thanks so much for the trade, can't wait for the gardening season to start again! :)

• dem_pa
    10 years ago

I recently received great seeds in our Secret Santa Swap.

Thanks for everything.

• l1oness
    10 years ago

Cryptid sent me a cute Santa pulling the sleigh card and a beautiful crocheted butterfly pin, as well as several seeds I am looking forward to including Calabrese broccoli, Pak choi, Tom Thumb lettuce, Green globe Artichoke, White Columbine, and Bloomsdale Long Standing Spinach. Everything was well packed. Thank you!

• smitties
    10 years ago

A big thank you to Darrin for the generous seeds he included in his card for the SSS. A big thank you to Ellie to for the beautiful crocheted butterfly she included.

• EricaBraun
    10 years ago

Had a wonderful trade with Cryptid. He sent me a lot of seeds and his seed packets were very professional. They had color pictures and planting instructions. The trade was definitely more than expected. I would be honored to trade with him anytime.

• flowersnhens
    10 years ago

Very nice trade !! Thank you, and nice amount of seeds. Hope we can trade again !

• EricaBraun
    9 years ago

Another fantabulous trade with Darrin! He sent me big, beautiful, healthy plants - more than I had even hoped for! It's always a pleasure to trade with him.

• Wood Sprite Gardens
    9 years ago

Cream of the CROP (pun intended) trader! Very nice, very professional.

Wonderful labels contained with the seeds. Would love to trade again someday.

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    9 years ago

Posted by seedtraderyandex none (My Page) on
    Fri, Nov 14, 14 at 21:48

Did a 3 for 3 exchange. His were Extremely well labeled. I really appreciate this trade. Thanks 4 trading!

(copied from another thread)

• Melinda Hagen
    9 years ago

Rec'd a lovely homemade card from him and his wife sent me a crocheted butterfly pin, along with some wonderful seeds in the 2014 SSS! Was thrilled they took the time to do this when you don't have to! Thank you so very much, Melinda

• roper2008
    9 years ago

I also received a homemade card and a cute butterfly pin
    from Darrin (cryptic), Elly and Roy. Along with some wonderful seeds. Thank you

Linda

• pugetsoundgardener
    9 years ago

Fantastic trade with cryptid - would definitely trade again. Thanks so much!

• DuckiesGarden
    9 years ago

I was very happy with my trade with cryptid! The seeds arrived intact, beautifully labeled, and right when expected. Nice, honest people like this are what makes this seed swapping community so enjoyable to be a part of!

• beth_b_kodiak
    8 years ago

Always a treat to trade with Cryptid. His plants are well packed and shipped as planned. Then there are the extra surprises that put him right over the top. He send me Horseradish that I had been wanting but did not even have on my list and another box full of little goodies.
    Cryptid is a 5 star trader in my book. One of the old regulars who help to make this such a fun group. Many thanks

• EricaBraun
    8 years ago

Another fantabulous trade with Darrin! He went above and beyond with the package he sent. Great trader and great person. It's always a pleasure trading with Darrin.

• countryladies14
    8 years ago

Was really happy with trading with Foggy! He sent a generous bunch of seeds and I planted some of the peas he sent us and they came up the next day! Will do a trade with him again! Thanks Foggy!!

• sandlapper_rose
    8 years ago

Darrin sent to me for the FOTESS 12 Days of Christmas in July Swap (2015) and everything was perfectly wonderful. Certainly one of the most thought out and fully executed swaps ever - he sent me something to represent all 12 Days and more as well! I couldn't be more pleased.

• pepper_rancher
    8 years ago

Very generous and professionally packaged seed packets! Can't give high enough praise!

• xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
    8 years ago

In the Secret Santa Swap I received poppy seeds, Cosmos and Geum. Nicely packaged with bubble wrap and computer labels for easy reading. Very nice.

• beth_b_kodiak
    7 years ago

Darrin, been missing you but wanted to say the bluebells have been beautiful. Still a few blooms left and i enjoy them each day. Thanks again for the wonderful trade.

Sponsored
Pierre Jean-Baptiste Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars76 Reviews
DC Area's Award-Winning Interior Designer | 12x Best of Houzz