Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chemocurl

jim_6b

While I did not actually 'trade' with Jim, he offered up sharing some nice extra seedlings (he called them) in exchange for postage.

Upon receipt of postage from me,

he acknowledged receiving the stamps,

kept me updated about when he would dig and ship (had numerous ones to send to,

packaged them well,

and

notified me that they were on their way, complete with confirmation number.

What I expected were frail seedlings, but what I got was a 1 LB box of well rooted plants.

Jim is a wonderful sharer!

Sue

Comments (23)

• aaaccc
    17 years ago

I have to second that, Jim is the best!
    Alice

• clawskeeter
    17 years ago

Jim is an inspiration to us all..I admire his generosity and efforts to preserve native Echinacea!

clawskeeter

• Nancy
    17 years ago

Great to trade with, so very generous! I'd swap again in a second.

• dem_pa
    17 years ago

I recently received seeds from a SASBE offer. Very generous and very prompt. Great communication.

dem_pa

• graanieb
    17 years ago

Jim is among the most generous. I hope something of mine catches his eyes eventually.

Thank you Jim.

GB

• mrbrownthumb
    17 years ago

I responded to Jim's SASBE for some 4 o'clocks because all the commercial seeds I bought last year didn't germinate and he sent me the seeds plus a couple of others I will more than happily sow.

Thanks for the seeds!

• gdionelli
    17 years ago

Generous with his seeds! And wonderfully packaged.

• tink62
    17 years ago

Jim is a very thoughtful man ~~
    I had let him know that I would like some seeds for a sasbe..My oldest son was killed in a car wreck...so needless to say..I forgot to send him the envy.... He sent me the seeds any way..with a very sweet symapathy note...
    Thank YOU SOOO much Jim... God Bless You ~~~
    Tink62

• kilngod
    17 years ago

Recieved generous postage offers from him for the Echinacea tennesseensis. Fabulous member & great mission.

Would do real trades with him in a heartbeat.

• anchasta
    17 years ago

He never received my envelops, but sent me the seeds anyways. What a great guy! YAY ECHINACEA!

• plantaholics
    16 years ago

A very generous person. While we didn't actually trade, Jim's generosity and sharing are worthy of a review. Jim shared seeds of the very rare Echinacea tennessensis with me and others out of the goodness of his heart as well as some longed for (and often very expensive) bird house gourd seeds. Very prompt, everything lovingly packaged and kept me informed at every step.

I will think of him often while I watch the birds in their new houses or the Swallowtails sipping the nectar from the Coneflowers.

Thank you for enriching my garden Jim.

Jase

• margarita10
    16 years ago

Jim's seeds were one of my first trades and it was a great experience. I hope to trade with him again.

• ptp813
    16 years ago

Just learned about this forum, but wanted to agree with others about a past SASBE with Jim. He was extremely generous in the amount of seed sent. Everything was prompt, neatly packaged and included clear instructions for the endangered echinacea.

Wonderful trading experience.

Pam ptp813

• joytosew
    16 years ago

Now I know about this forum I will add my 2 cents =)
    Being new, I was nervous about requesting seeds for a sasbe I did not know what to expect since I didn't have anything to trade.
    Not only did I get excellent seeds, but when I emailed and asked for some info about planting I got a prompt email in return.
    Though it was not easy for me as a beginner I have the most wonderful Echinacea growing in my greenhouse and I can't wait to share their beauty in my garden when they bloom!

Someday I will have seeds to trade and I hope I can be just as wonderful as Jim =)

• flwrs4ever
    16 years ago

Hi, I also have recieved seeds from Jim, and he included several extras, and lots of information to help me make sure my seeds grew...he was very generous, and I appreciate his seeds for postage, thanks !

• token28001
    15 years ago

Just completed the SASBE offer for Yvonne's salvia and echinacea tennesseensis. Holy cow. That's a lot of seeds. Thanks so much Jim.

• karendee
    15 years ago

nice trader, and generous!
    Karen

• morguegirl
    15 years ago

Jim had a very generous SASBE offer for Echinacea tennesseensis and Yvonne's Salvia. He sent a great deal of seeds and communicated very well. Thanks Jim, I cannot wait to try the seeds !

Amy

• maemae0312
    15 years ago

Thanks Jim for sharing your seeds. Jim is very prompt and I envy his organization!!!! Thanks again!!!!!

Mary

• yotetrapper
    15 years ago

Got a very generous amount of seeds for a sasbe offer for Echinacea tennesseensis and yvonne's salvia. Very good trader.

• plantermunn
    15 years ago

Thanks Jim for sharing your seeds. You are a very generous person.

• helenh
    15 years ago

Good pleasant communication, ample amount of clean seeds for postage - can't beat that. Thanks for sharing Jim.

• hostarookie
    13 years ago

I just completed a trade with Jim, what a very generous trader! Look forward to trading again!

Sponsored