Return to the Rate & Review Exchanges Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
jim_6b

Posted by chemocurl zone 5/6 S IN (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 14, 06 at 15:42

While I did not actually 'trade' with Jim, he offered up sharing some nice extra seedlings (he called them) in exchange for postage.

Upon receipt of postage from me,
he acknowledged receiving the stamps,
kept me updated about when he would dig and ship (had numerous ones to send to,
packaged them well,
and
notified me that they were on their way, complete with confirmation number.

What I expected were frail seedlings, but what I got was a 1 LB box of well rooted plants.

Jim is a wonderful sharer!

Sue

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: jim_6b

I have to second that, Jim is the best!
Alice

o

Jim is an inspiration to us all..I admire his generosity and efforts to preserve native Echinacea!

clawskeeter

o

Great to trade with, so very generous! I'd swap again in a second.

o

I recently received seeds from a SASBE offer. Very generous and very prompt. Great communication.

dem_pa

o

Jim is among the most generous. I hope something of mine catches his eyes eventually.

Thank you Jim.

GB

o

I responded to Jim's SASBE for some 4 o'clocks because all the commercial seeds I bought last year didn't germinate and he sent me the seeds plus a couple of others I will more than happily sow.

Thanks for the seeds!

o

Generous with his seeds! And wonderfully packaged.

o

Jim is a very thoughtful man ~~
I had let him know that I would like some seeds for a sasbe..My oldest son was killed in a car wreck...so needless to say..I forgot to send him the envy.... He sent me the seeds any way..with a very sweet symapathy note...
Thank YOU SOOO much Jim... God Bless You ~~~
Tink62

o

Recieved generous postage offers from him for the Echinacea tennesseensis. Fabulous member & great mission.

Would do real trades with him in a heartbeat.

o

He never received my envelops, but sent me the seeds anyways. What a great guy! YAY ECHINACEA!

o

A very generous person. While we didn't actually trade, Jim's generosity and sharing are worthy of a review. Jim shared seeds of the very rare Echinacea tennessensis with me and others out of the goodness of his heart as well as some longed for (and often very expensive) bird house gourd seeds. Very prompt, everything lovingly packaged and kept me informed at every step.

I will think of him often while I watch the birds in their new houses or the Swallowtails sipping the nectar from the Coneflowers.

Thank you for enriching my garden Jim.

Jase

o

Jim's seeds were one of my first trades and it was a great experience. I hope to trade with him again.

o

Just learned about this forum, but wanted to agree with others about a past SASBE with Jim. He was extremely generous in the amount of seed sent. Everything was prompt, neatly packaged and included clear instructions for the endangered echinacea.

Wonderful trading experience.

Pam ptp813

o

Now I know about this forum I will add my 2 cents =)
Being new, I was nervous about requesting seeds for a sasbe I did not know what to expect since I didn't have anything to trade.
Not only did I get excellent seeds, but when I emailed and asked for some info about planting I got a prompt email in return.
Though it was not easy for me as a beginner I have the most wonderful Echinacea growing in my greenhouse and I can't wait to share their beauty in my garden when they bloom!

Someday I will have seeds to trade and I hope I can be just as wonderful as Jim =)

o

Hi, I also have recieved seeds from Jim, and he included several extras, and lots of information to help me make sure my seeds grew...he was very generous, and I appreciate his seeds for postage, thanks !

o

Just completed the SASBE offer for Yvonne's salvia and echinacea tennesseensis. Holy cow. That's a lot of seeds. Thanks so much Jim.

o

nice trader, and generous!
Karen

o

Jim had a very generous SASBE offer for Echinacea tennesseensis and Yvonne's Salvia. He sent a great deal of seeds and communicated very well. Thanks Jim, I cannot wait to try the seeds !

Amy

o

Thanks Jim for sharing your seeds. Jim is very prompt and I envy his organization!!!! Thanks again!!!!!

Mary

o

Got a very generous amount of seeds for a sasbe offer for Echinacea tennesseensis and yvonne's salvia. Very good trader.

o

Thanks Jim for sharing your seeds. You are a very generous person.

o

Good pleasant communication, ample amount of clean seeds for postage - can't beat that. Thanks for sharing Jim.

o

I just completed a trade with Jim, what a very generous trader! Look forward to trading again!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rate & Review Exchanges Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here